The Federal Republic of Abaja is a gargantuan, orderly nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 11.512 billion Abajans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olulawi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Abajan economy, worth a remarkable 1,050 trillion Abajan Côshís a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is 91,234 Abajan Côshís, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', competing private ambulances racing to be the first to traffic accidents are a major cause of road accidents, and it is a silent spring in Abaja. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Abaja's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Abaja was endorsed by The Dominion of Meow-meow-mia.
- : Abaja was endorsed by The Empire of Ferroia.
- : Abaja endorsed The Kingdom of Giovanniland.
- : Abaja was endorsed by The Kingdom of Giovanniland.
- : Abaja withdrew its endorsement from The Empire of Ferroia.
- : Abaja endorsed The Democratic Republic of Varanius.
- : Abaja was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Varanius.
- : Abaja was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Abaja was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Abaja lost the endorsement of The Empire of Ferroia.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Mediobogdum, Yy4u, Gryphonian Alliance, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Fallgriffin, The 9 Stars, Greg Tucker, Fujai, Dalimbar, Kisovec, Wickedly evil people, Mathematania, Westwind, Arkadia Universalis, Ioways, Bhang Bhang Duc, Liberillia, Bran Astor, Papercuts and Skittles, Cro Magnon, Ilmecith, Marshalia, Psikuta, Zamoland, Darkesia, Pandaland II, Sensorland, Varstov, Varanius, Giovanniland, Ferroia, and Meow-meow-mia.