|Leader||Head of Council Ian Griffin|
The ¡£¢∞§¶ªº≠∑´®¥øπ«åß of Aanchean is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Head of Council Ian Griffin with an even hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, devout population of 1.219 billion Aancheanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arnivania. The average income tax rate is 40.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Aancheanian economy, worth 71.4 trillion hectocents a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Tourism, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,584 hectocents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Books are so highly regarded in Aanchean that libraries are often revered as holy shrines, the national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism, and hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aanchean's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Polytheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aanchean voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Headquarters"".
- : Following new legislation in Aanchean, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock".
- : Aanchean voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wickedly evil people".
- : Aanchean voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wickedly evil people".
- : Aanchean was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Aanchean, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism.
- : Aanchean was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Aanchean voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Omnibus Due Process Act".
- : Following new legislation in Aanchean, the national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid.
- : Aanchean voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Dalimbar".
Endorsements Received: 34 » Grand Abaco, Obets, My Nation, Sulivannia, BBoss, Emaha, Kitsunistan, Linkers Sha, The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes, Parenlord, The Mikalan Empire, Europan Union, Rosemeir, Pharelijs, Literian, Thaelle, Waste land zero, Whestion, Heaveria, Narvatus, The Earths people, Duckbill, Zuuri, Nohol, Ozymontias, Denolia, Da Netherlands, High Galactic Republic, Songateri, Moka Pamplemousses, Asianite, Allinburg, Provence Town, and Laidir.