|Animal||Armin van Buuren|
The Republic of A State of Trance is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, ubiquitous missile silos, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 479 million Trance Fans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amsterdam. The average income tax rate is 71.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Trance Fan economy, worth 16.8 trillion bpms a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 34,990 bpms, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to A State of Trance as a reminder of their "special relationship", the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, A State of Trance has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. A State of Trance's national animal is the Armin van Buuren, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : A State of Trance was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Engales and Southern Ireland.
- : A State of Trance voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : A State of Trance voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Following new legislation in A State of Trance, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : A State of Trance's influence in Europe rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : A State of Trance voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in A State of Trance, A State of Trance has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories.
- : Following new legislation in A State of Trance, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : A State of Trance was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : A State of Trance endorsed The Dual Republics of Kanokla.
Endorsements Received: 55 » The Peoples Republic of Suffolk, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Supcotia, The Champions League, Republic of Satherland, Permorania, Northern German Federation, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, The Seven Provinces, The New Nordic Union, Troltovia, Thracia Republic, Leranditale, St Scarlett, Estonesia, An Clar, GanymedEuropa, The Kingdom of Denmark, Irminsulia, Free Furentenia, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, Slavorussia, Kenmoria WA Mission, Jim the Baptist, Aura Banitia, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Viciebskaja, Mantcor, Alba-Nord, Imperium Anglorum, Fearann nan Albannaich, Walfo, North of Americas, Parliamentary Laramidia, Regnum Italiae, Porury, Greate San Marino, The Mongol Plain, Pazano, Lord Sapre, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Pilipinas and Malaya, Enway, Feria-Alkaline, Einswenn, Alsted, Shagolaa, and 5 others.Sienkahn, Elitestland, Apabeossie, Kanokla, and Engales and Southern Ireland.