The Watch how I Soar Nation of A Leaf on the Wind is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Ephraim Barnes with a fair hand, and notable for its avant-garde cinema, digital currency, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.457 billion BrownCoats love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Serenity. The average income tax rate is 72.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Leaf on the Windian economy, worth 226 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 35,108 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, a referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed, military officials are questioning the policy of ceding the nation's territory in exchange for promises not to invade it, and lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. A Leaf on the Wind's national animal is the Parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Mirandaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : A Leaf on the Wind lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : A Leaf on the Wind resigned from the World Assembly.
- : A Leaf on the Wind was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Tannhauser Gate.
- : A Leaf on the Wind was endorsed by The Jingoistic States of Screams of Agony 1.
- : A Leaf on the Wind was endorsed by The Theocratic Oligarchy of Zonduria.
- : A Leaf on the Wind was endorsed by The Confederacy of Liberiantic.
- : A Leaf on the Wind lost the endorsement of The Republic of Philjia.
- : A Leaf on the Wind was endorsed by The Colony of Parx.
- : A Leaf on the Wind was endorsed by The Robot of Hoffania.
- : A Leaf on the Wind lost the endorsement of The Robot of Hoffania.