|Faith||Followers of the Feature|
The Featured Region Event of A Giant Meteor is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Halley Comet with an iron fist, and notable for its closed borders, fear of technology, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.327 billion Meteorians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toutatis. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Meteorian economy, worth 351 trillion Lodestones a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 150,982 Lodestones, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, it is well recognised that you can't sustain communism without a bit of spirit, the Counter-Terrorism Unit has been nicknamed "Big Bad Wolf" for its tendency towards urban demolition, and the new intercity submarine SSN Ameoba Warrior instills terror in claustrophobic travellers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. A Giant Meteor's national animal is the Ameoba, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Followers of the Feature.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : A Giant Meteor lodged a message on the Roman Empire Regional Message Board.
- : A Giant Meteor relocated from The Republic Nations to Roman Empire.
- : A Giant Meteor's influence in The Republic Nations rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : A Giant Meteor's influence in The Republic Nations rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in A Giant Meteor, the new intercity submarine SSN Ameoba Warrior instills terror in claustrophobic travellers.
- : A Giant Meteor was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in A Giant Meteor, the Counter-Terrorism Unit has been nicknamed "Big Bad Wolf" for its tendency towards urban demolition.
- : Following new legislation in A Giant Meteor, it is well recognised that you can't sustain communism without a bit of spirit.
- : A Giant Meteor lodged a message on the The Republic Nations Regional Message Board.
- : A Giant Meteor relocated from The Union Of Science to The Republic Nations.