The Free Land of A Dork is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 117 million Dorkians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Spirituality, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.4%.
The thriving Dorkian economy, worth 7.10 trillion Dinmarks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 60,662 Dinmarks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 214,726 per year while the poor average 12,373, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. A Dork's national animal is the Wolf.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : A Dork's influence in Birb rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : A Dork's influence in Birb rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : A Dork's influence in Birb rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : A Dork relocated from The Rejected Realms to Birb.
- : A Dork resigned from the World Assembly.
- : A Dork was endorsed by The Offensive centrist monarchy of Blueflarst.
- : A Dork's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : A Dork's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : A Dork was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : A Dork was endorsed by The Supreme Peaceful Enlightened of Andromeda Islands.