|Leader||Emperor Friedrich V|
The Constitutional Union of The Great-German Empire is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Friedrich V with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.064 billion Germans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlin. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 30.4%.
The frighteningly efficient German economy, worth 525 trillion Gold Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 129,319 Gold Marks, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Tabloids coo over Emperor Friedrich V's expected child, a sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers, gay men commonly complain about their time of the month, and young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. The Great-German Empire's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Great-German Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : The Great-German Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : The Great-German Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes and Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : The Great-German Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : The Great-German Empire published "Earth-ß Factbook (Very heavy WIP)" (Factbook: Overview).
- : The Great-German Empire altered its national flag.
- : The Great-German Empire published "The Imperial Armed Forces (Brief, informal overview)" (Factbook: Military).
- : The Great-German Empire published "Reich Vice-Chancellor Lothar von Zenker" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Following new legislation in The Great-German Empire, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Following new legislation in The Great-German Empire, gay men commonly complain about their time of the month.