The Federation of Sovereign-Systems is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 399 million Sovereign Systemese are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 60.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Sovereign-Systemsian economy, worth 6.75 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 16,921 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation is compulsory, surveillance cameras are banned, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, and bins outnumber trees in city parks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sovereign-Systems's national animal is the Wylatth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sovereign-Systems's influence in Europe rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Sovereign-Systems's influence in Europe rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sovereign-Systems was banned from The Communist Bloc by The Syndicated Anarchic Regions of Shamian.
- : Sovereign-Systems relocated from The Communist Bloc to Europe.
- : Sovereign-Systems lodged a message on the The Communist Bloc Regional Message Board.
- : Sovereign-Systems relocated from The South Pacific to The Communist Bloc.
- : Following new legislation in Sovereign-Systems, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Sovereign-Systems, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate.
- : Following new legislation in Sovereign-Systems, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Sovereign-Systems, organ donation is compulsory.