The Atrahasian Republic of Haja-Mishu is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Shar with an even hand, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 13.105 billion Shurayu enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shuraya. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Shurayu economy, worth a remarkable 4,680 trillion Ruons a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 357,160 Ruons, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,651,662 per year while the poor average 46,594, a ratio of 35.4 to 1.
Jury selection begins with explaining what a jury is, The Shar's new android secretary is the latest media darling, consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage, and door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Haja-Mishu's national animal is the Lamassu, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Haja-Mishu was endorsed by The High Elven Imperium of Kaiserrealm.
- : Haja-Mishu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Haja-Mishu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Haja-Mishu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on the Administration of Unwanted Substances".
- : Haja-Mishu relocated from The United Islands of the Atlantic to The Fourth Sovereign Charter.
- : Haja-Mishu relocated from The Fourth Sovereign Charter to The United Islands of the Atlantic.
- : Haja-Mishu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Haja-Mishu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Haja-Mishu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Smartest Citizens.
- : Haja-Mishu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 5% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.