The Ejo of H- is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 17.738 billion H-ians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, with Social Policy and Environment not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of --. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.6%.
The frighteningly efficient H-ian economy, worth a remarkable 1,500 trillion holapoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 84,620 holapoes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 575,313 per year while the poor average 4,546, a ratio of 126 to 1.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours, airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted, and H- successfully hosted the The Empire of Cats Olympics. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. H-'s national animal is the hufflepuff, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : H- was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : H- was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : H- was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : H- was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : H- was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : H- was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : H- was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : H- was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : H- was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides and the Top 5% for Most Avoided.
- : H- was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.