|Leader||Lord High Chancellor Valtorum|
The Sovereign Empire of Gristol-Serkonos is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lord High Chancellor Valtorum with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 13.812 billion Gristol-Serkonoseans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rien-Stadt. The average income tax rate is 66.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Gristol-Serkonosean economy, worth a remarkable 1,169 trillion Kronor a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 84,662 Kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, the opposition leader's credibility has been undermined by constant attention drawn to a dodgy toupee, and a historic rise in the minimum wage has crushed the economy with inflation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gristol-Serkonos's national animal is the Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gristol-Serkonos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Gristol-Serkonos's influence in Lazarus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Gristol-Serkonos's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Gristol-Serkonos's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Gristol-Serkonos altered its national flag.
- : Gristol-Serkonos's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Gristol-Serkonos's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Gristol-Serkonos was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Gristol-Serkonos ceased to exist in Nova sondria.
- : Gristol-Serkonos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombified and Most Dead.