|Leader||Holy German Emperor Othello I|
The Holy Tripartite Empire of German Austro-Hungary is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Holy German Emperor Othello I with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.28 billion German Austro-Hungarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlin. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.2%.
The all-consuming German Austro-Hungarian economy, worth 340 trillion papiermarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 103,847 papiermarks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 307,859 per year while the poor average 27,497, a ratio of 11.2 to 1.
Young girls often attend the same schools as their children, new pilots are regularly reminded that they are more expendable than their planes, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality, and litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. German Austro-Hungary's national animal is the Double-Headed Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Roman Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in German Austro-Hungary, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job.
- : German Austro-Hungary's influence in Changuu rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : German Austro-Hungary's influence in Changuu fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : German Austro-Hungary's influence in Changuu fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : German Austro-Hungary's influence in Changuu fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- : German Austro-Hungary's influence in Changuu fell from "Envoy" to "Handshaker".
- : German Austro-Hungary's influence in Changuu fell from "Hermit" to "Envoy".
- : German Austro-Hungary's influence in Changuu rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : German Austro-Hungary relocated from The South Pacific to Changuu.
- : German Austro-Hungary lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.