|Animal||blue flying basketballs|
The Allied States of 8nova is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 211 million 8novans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. The average income tax rate is 10.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The 8novan economy, worth 12.7 trillion tromboneses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 60,030 tromboneses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, the strong are acquitted and the weak are trampled in trial by a blue flying basketballs, translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates, and getting a haircut is a punishable offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. 8nova's national animal is the blue flying basketballs, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : 8nova's influence in Texas rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : 8nova was endorsed by The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj.
- : 8nova was endorsed by The St Patricks Day Nation of NewTexas.
- : Following new legislation in 8nova, getting a haircut is a punishable offence.
- : 8nova endorsed The Federal Republic of Lammey.
- : 8nova endorsed The Lone Star Republic of Greater United Texas.
- : 8nova endorsed The Confederacy of The United Republics of Texas.
- : 8nova endorsed The St Patricks Day Nation of NewTexas.
- : 8nova's influence in Texas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : 8nova was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Lammey.