The Twenty Nine of 29 is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by 29th dynasty with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 14.825 billion 29ians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 29th City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient 29ian economy, worth a remarkable 3,484 trillion 29s a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 235,022 29s, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,185,351 per year while the poor average 2,318, a ratio of 942 to 1.
Motorway service stations often have a higher population than the hinterland villages that the roads lead to, the recital of citations that follows any political speech can be longer than the speech itself, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany 29th dynasty to meetings with foreign heads of state, and directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use 29th City as a backdrop. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. 29's national animal is the 29, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Numbers.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : 29's influence in Europeia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : 29 altered its national flag.
- : 29 relocated from Lazarus to Europeia.
- : 29 was refounded in Lazarus.
- : 29 ceased to exist in Balder.
- : 29 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : 29's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : 29's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : 29's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : 29 was refounded in Balder.