|Leader||De Leeuw van Vlaanderen|
|Faith||Heilige Godelieve van Gistel|
The 11th of July of 1302 is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by De Leeuw van Vlaanderen with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 12.67 billion 1302ians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Groeninghe Couter. The average income tax rate is 87.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The 1302ian economy, worth 749 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 59,193 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, public nudity is compulsory, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. 1302's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Heilige Godelieve van Gistel.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombies, the Top 5% for Most Zombified, and the Top 10% for Most Dead.
- : 1302 was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Dictatorship of Belgica Maior, infecting 10 million survivors.
- : 1302 was cleansed by a Level 1 Strike Force Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Dictatorship of Belgica Maior, killing 1 million zombies.
- : 1302 was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Dictatorship of Belgica Maior, infecting 17 million survivors and converting to a zombie exporter! Oh no!
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies and Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Most Survivors.
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : 1302 renamed the office held by The Hope and Glory of Ravania Ultra from "Vice-Minister-President" to "Minister van Buitenlandse Zaken" in Vlaanderen.