The Kingdom of -Anthor- is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Thomas Dalen with an even hand, and notable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed population of 9.82 billion Anthorans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vaumort. The average income tax rate is 49.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The -Anthor-ian economy, worth 333 trillion Anthoran florins a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 33,972 Anthoran florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Shouting contests are an important part of government job interviews, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means, and protests are prohibited from blocking traffic. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Anthor-'s national animal is the the falcon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : -Anthor-'s influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : -Anthor- altered its national flag.
- : -Anthor- relocated from Osiris to Atlantian Oceania.
- : -Anthor- was refounded in Osiris.
- : -Anthor- ceased to exist in Atlantian Oceania.
- : -Anthor-'s influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : -Anthor- was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : -Anthor- was struck by a Mk I (Immunizer) Cure Missile from The Soon to be World Cup Winner of Northwest Kalactin, curing 34 million infected.
- : Following new legislation in -Anthor-, protests are prohibited from blocking traffic.
- : Following new legislation in -Anthor-, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means.