|Leader||Archon Alexandros Komenos|
The Empire of Estainia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Archon Alexandros Komenos with an iron fist, and remarkable for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 29.638 billion Imperials are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athínapolis. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Imperial economy, worth a remarkable 8,272 trillion Silver Thalers a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 279,105 Silver Thalers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames, glamping Imperials won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, and kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Estainia's national animal is the Passenger Pigeon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Luciellanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll.
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, glamping Imperials won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Estainia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Witchcraft and Sorcery".
- : Estainia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Drug Decriminalization Act"".
- : Estainia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Estainia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, the military perceives nations hit by natural disasters as "easy pickings".
- : Following new legislation in Estainia, arguments about toilet seats being left up or down get surprisingly heated.
Endorsements Received: None.