The Republic of Dodoreagong is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and disturbing lack of elderly people. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 712 million Dodoreagongians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 42.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Dodoreagongian economy, worth 52.2 trillion kronor a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Gambling. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 73,246 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Local councils have to call in dump trucks to clear parks of dinosaur droppings, the practice of capital punishment proves divisive, sleeping on the job is recommended, and fortified nursing homes are wracked with daily skirmishes. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dodoreagong's national animal is the dove, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dodoreagong's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dodoreagong was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Dodoreagong, fortified nursing homes are wracked with daily skirmishes.
- : Dodoreagong was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Dodoreagong, sleeping on the job is recommended.
- : Following new legislation in Dodoreagong, the practice of capital punishment proves divisive.
- : Following new legislation in Dodoreagong, local councils have to call in dump trucks to clear parks of dinosaur droppings.
- : Following new legislation in Dodoreagong, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies.
- : Dodoreagong was refounded in Osiris.
- : Dodoreagong ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.