WA Delegate: The Happy Flying Meadow of Three Weasels (elected 2 years 249 days ago)
Embassies: San Francisco Bay Area, Monkey Island, The Pleiades, Antarctic Oasis, That Place Over There, Final Fantasy, City Ankh Morpork, Oceanside, Minecraftia, Discworld, The Feline Confederation, International Western Union, and The Darwin Allied Republics.
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Most Avoided in Zhaucauozian Friendship
Nations ranked highly are considered by many to be the most inhospitable, charmless, and ghastly places to spend a vacation, or, indeed, any time at all.
As a region, Zhaucauozian Friendship is ranked 14,682nd in the world for Most Avoided.
|1.||The Frayed edge of The Fabric of Reality||Left-Leaning College State||“As long as you hail Great Cthulhu, you can do whatever.”|
|2.||The Imperial Dragon Empire of Kutou-koku||Left-Leaning College State||“Ex Scientia Vera”|
|3.||The Cute but Manly Kingdom of Carson the Muscrat||Capitalist Paradise||“HUZZAH! IT MUST BE MINE!”|
|4.||The Borderlands of Weaponized EMP Monopolies||Compulsory Consumerist State||“Murdering electronics since 2002.”|
|5.||The Liberal Socialist Paradise of Farflorin||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Semper Libri”|
|6.||The Allied States of Gun Manufacturers||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“We believe everyone has the right to a well built gun”|
|7.||The Ice Crown Citadel of Kryozerkia||New York Times Democracy||“You are not prepared.”|
|8.||The Holy Floydian Landmark of Battersea Powerstation||Civil Rights Lovefest||“A Shelter From Pigs On The Wing”|
|9.||The Incorporated States of Central Exchange of Zhaucauozian Friends||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“He who pays the piper calls the tune ”|
|10.||The Republic of Angry sapient carrots||Corporate Bordello||“http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38”|
- 2 days 12 hours ago: The Ravanian Sword of Justice of Saint-Gregor of the region The Feline Confederation cancelled the closure of its embassy in Zhaucauozian Friendship.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: The Cimmerian Heavy Lances of Dakozev of the region The Feline Confederation ordered the closure of its embassy in Zhaucauozian Friendship.
- 6 days ago: Embassy cancelled between Republic Alliance and Zhaucauozian Friendship.
- 6 days ago: The Badlands Beyond the Brink of The Bizarre of the region The Illuminati proposed constructing embassies.
- 9 days ago: The Unitary Republic of The United Remnants of America of the region New Republica proposed constructing embassies.
- 9 days ago: The Kingdom of The Republic Empires of the region Republic Alliance ordered the closure of its embassy in Zhaucauozian Friendship.
- 12 days ago: The Neo-Socialist Districts of GROSS Independency of the region The Feline Confederation cancelled the closure of its embassy in Zhaucauozian Friendship.
- 13 days ago: The Federated States of Faivegorje departed this region for Finis terrae.
- 13 days ago: The Black Rider Zato Ichi of Black Katana of the region The Feline Confederation ordered the closure of its embassy in Zhaucauozian Friendship.
- 13 days ago: The Godless Utopian Progressives of Cardoness departed this region for The United League of Nations.
Zhaucauozian Friendship Regional Message Board
I hated The Giver. Of course, I read it in middle school and endings like that didn't sit well with me. I really liked Fahrenheit 451 though.
Aw, why not? I loved it, for some reason. I suppose because it's one of those rarities, like 1984 and Farenheit 451 that don't focus on all that teenage melodrama and present relatively plausible situations. Of course, magic powers involve thought transference don't exist, but infanticide does, so I suppose it's all relative.
The ending did not sit well for my 8th grade class. I suppose I might view it differently if I read it again, but I was too young for that kind of ambiguity. Definitely better than melodrama, though.
Indeed. I suppose I can't lie, I did hate that ending too. The universe it was presented in overpowered the looseness of it for me, though.
I find books like this show what our society would look like if we allowed ourselves to become ignorant, yet the amount of time that we have been in this state shows me that, at the very least, we are not in immediate danger.
I am glad I am not in last place in cheese producing.
I am annoyed that I am not. Kumbayaa always beats me at being all hippie and permissive and liberal (though how non-production of cheese is permissive , I dunno.)
At least he didn't iinclude any in 'Animal Farm'...
NO NO NO NO NO
Why would you put that in my head?!?!