WA Delegate: None.
Embassies: Greenwich Village, The Internationale, The Isle of Wight, The Hill, California, Angkor Wat, Machu Picchu, Buddhist Communism, World Alliance, Hippy Haven, SkyRUM, the West Pacific, The Darwin Allied Republics, HiberNationStates, and Marijuana.
Today's World Census Report
The Safest in Woodstock
The World Census ranked nations on a variety of scales to produce an indication of how safe a country is to visit.
As a region, Woodstock is ranked 3,086th in the world for Safest.
|1.||The Dominion of Akashaq||Iron Fist Consumerists||“We are the champiagns”|
|2.||The Nomadic Peoples of Groovy Wavy Gravy||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“...breakfast in bed for 400,000 people”|
|3.||The Busloads of Freedom riders||New York Times Democracy||“Freedom is for those who love freedom. ”|
|4.||The Nomadic Peoples of Dinner Theatre Actors||Left-Leaning College State||“It's Still Better than Children's Theatre ♪♪”|
|5.||The Busloads of Buzzloads of VW Busloads of Hippies||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Killing for peace is like ****ing for celibacy. ”|
|6.||The Nomadic Peoples of Woodstock Nation||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Peace, love and music”|
|7.||The Community of Canna-topia||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Smoke 'em if you got 'em.”|
|8.||The People's Republic of Jimi Hendrix||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Have you ever been experienced?”|
|9.||The Listen of Experience||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Excuse me while I kiss the sky”|
|10.||The Republic of JeffersonStarship||Corporate Bordello||“When the truth is found to be lies”|
- 1 day 7 hours ago: The Community of Canna-topia arrived from Weed.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: The The Fabulous Freak Brothers of Stonned Hippies ceased to exist.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: The Badlands Beyond the Brink of The Bizarre of the region The Illuminati proposed constructing embassies.
- 8 days ago: The Allochthonous Batholith of Ablar Taim of the region Marijuana cancelled the closure of its embassy in Woodstock.
- 9 days ago: The Dictatorship of Varibot of the region Marijuana ordered the closure of its embassy in Woodstock.
- 11 days ago: The 420 Blaze It Land of Blazin Asians of the region THE ALLIANCE OF SWAGGY NUDISTS proposed constructing embassies.
- 21 days ago: Embassy cancelled between Ganja and Woodstock.
- 27 days ago: The Free Land of Jakobia Minor ceased to exist.
- 31 days ago: The Nomadic Peoples of Groovy Wavy Gravy arrived from Lazarus.
- 32 days ago: Regional Founder The Nomadic Peoples of Groovy Wavy Gravy ceased to exist.
Woodstock Regional Message Board
No problem here, JS. 3 questions are fine. Oh wait, you meant about being in the WA. Yeah, that's fine too. ;-)
Hey, Starship, you're in the WA? Good luck with that. No problem as far as I'm concerned although I know some people in NS don't really like the idea. We're cool with it here.
I would suggest that GWG makes the delegate non-executive, though. That helps to keep us off the raiders' radar.
Thank you for your thoughts.
I thought it might be a good idea if one or more of us become members of the WA. That way we can keep track of what is going on in the world. The good, the bad and the ugly. Why do I suddenly have Ennio Morricone music in my head???
Also, any member can report on issues in the WA, to try and get a feel on how our region feels about a vote on that issue.
Hey man! Congratulations on that thing you did. Cool.
There is a resolution at the WA thatI want to bring to everyone's attention.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION AT VOTE
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.
Category: Human Rights
Proposed by: Eireann Fae
Description: BELIEVING in the reproductive rights of all individuals,
ACKNOWLEDGING that individuals may have cultural or religious misgivings regarding termination of pregnancy,
BEMOANING the fact that some nations codify such misgivings without regard for the freedom of the individuals to choose,
YEARNING to put the choice of whether or not to give birth firmly in the control of each individual;
THE WORLD ASSEMBLY
RECOGNISES that the termination of pregnancy is a medical procedure, with all the rights and protections afforded to such a practice,
MANDATES that Member Nations recognise the right of all individuals to have their pregnancies terminated through safe, openly accessible procedures,
DEMANDS that Member Nations prohibit any impediment to the termination of pregnancy that is not applied to medical procedures of similar risk and complexity,
REQUIRES Member Nations to ensure protection from targeted animosity to providers and patients of the procedures covered by this resolution,
PERMITS Member Nations to enact policies encouraging individuals to allow live delivery of their offspring, provided such policies do not ultimately hinder the individual from terminating their pregnancy,
SUGGESTS that Member Nations encouraging live deliveries take unwanted offspring into their own care.
Votes ForVotes AgainstDay 1Day 2Day 3Day 4Day 50k2.5k5k7.5k
Votes For: 6,275 (70%)
Votes Against: 2,749 (30%)
Voting Ends: in 2 days 4 hours
Vote For Vote Against
Debate this resolution in the General Assembly forum.
The General Assembly resolution Assisted Suicide Act was passed 8,052 votes to 3,385, and implemented in all WA member nations.
Personally, I am in favor of this resolution, but I will listen to your comments
I'm for it.
There are only a few hours left, so I cast my vote in favor of the resolution.
Here is the latest resolution in the WA.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION AT VOTE
Cultural Site Preservation
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.
Category: Education and Creativity
Area of Effect: Cultural Heritage
Proposed by: Temple of the Maat
Description: The World Assembly,
Recognizing the abundance of sites with cultural significance within member nations and the need to preserve them for future generations,
Acknowledging the World Assembly as the perfect medium to assist with such preservation,
1. Hereby creates the World Assembly Trust for Cultural Heritage(WATCH),
2. Empowers the WATCH to perform the following actions:
a. Designate sites, in consultation with the nation housing said site, as culturally relevant,
b. Create an archive including, but not limited to, visual, verbal, and literary works that pertain to culturally relevant sites,
c. Recommend specific preservation practices to nations for their culturally relevant sites,
d. Fulfill requests by nations to assist in the preservation of sites when the nation in question is unable to do so,
3. Urges nations to follow the preservation recommendations of the WATCH,
4. Encourages all nations to make a good faith effort to preserve their culturally relevant sites, and to assist other nations in the preservation of their culturally relevant sites,
5. Mandates that nations shall take all reasonable precautions to avoid unnecessary damage to sites the WATCH has deemed culturally relevant,
6. Further mandates that nations shall not willingly use culturally relevant sites to house military or intelligence assets,
7. Requires the WATCH to grant exemptions in good faith to the protections and requirements of sections 5 and 6 for a site currently used as an intelligence or military asset in order to preserve its use as such.
Votes ForVotes AgainstDay 1Day 2Day 3Day 4Day 50k1k2k3k
Votes For: 2,850 (53%)
Votes Against: 2,478 (47%)
Voting Ends: in 3 days 5 hours
I am in favor of this resolution, but I will listen to what you say.