WA Delegate (non-executive): The Plains of Dioxin (elected 1 year 241 days ago)
Founder: The Plains of Dioxin
Unity of Green Pastures contains 2 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Public Transport Department in Unity of Green Pastures
World Census experts captured, tagged, and released buses in order to identify which nations have the largest public transportation systems.
As a region, Unity of Green Pastures is ranked 6,122nd in the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
|1.||The Commonhive of Beezyland||Left-wing Utopia||“Long Live the Hive”|
|2.||The Plains of Dioxin||New York Times Democracy||“This Too Shall Pass”|
- 13 days ago: The Kingdom of Sheldunopolis departed this region for Nerdpole.
- 13 days ago: The Federal Republic of Edrium departed this region for Nerdpole.
- 13 days ago: The Republic of Rainacornia departed this region for Nerdpole.
- 13 days ago: The Dominion of Das Imperium Lives departed this region for Nerdpole.
- 13 days ago: The Kingdom of Sheldunopolis arrived from The East Pacific.
- 13 days ago: The Republic of Rainacornia arrived from Balder.
- 13 days ago: The Dominion of Das Imperium Lives arrived from Eurasian Socialist Union.
- 13 days ago: The Federal Republic of Edrium arrived from Das Imperium.
- 23 days ago: The Dominion of Multiaria ceased to exist.
- 24 days ago: The Dictatorship of New Reserka ceased to exist.
Unity of Green Pastures Regional Message Board
Yes, well I'm sure we won't be far behind you. Temps already higher than usual for this time of year. Been getting hotter and hotter for last 10 years.
An inquiry or two.
- Is this the longest period of time that you or any other UGP nation has held the position of WA Delegate? Wondering how far from a record we would be in that case.
- Have you found a cyclical influx of short term members over the years? For instance, we have the two puppets for Reserka at this time and we have had several six month players hit the Pasture in loose groupings.
- Being the Founder of the UGP you would seem likely to know how many members have reached the level of Powerbroker, which I'm currently listed as? I'm either one of many or the first would be my guess.
Oh and these questions are about nothing other than curiosity.
Not the longest, no. Dioxin was founded at the beginning of 2003 (think it was 2003) in a previous region (Atlantic Island Chain) and was regional rep there for almost 9 years before the region was invaded and destroyed by the black raiders (and thus the reason for UGP to be founded). I've been regional rep here for three years + (give or take). There are other nations who've been in the game since it began at the end of 2002, but not many left now, a handful only.
Lots of new players create masses of puppet states these days; it wasn't permitted to do so in the early days of the game - you had one nation and that was that. Most new nations last less than 3 months. A few make it to the end of a year and one or two, like yourself, keep on keeping on. I'm still here because I want to see how long a single game like this can endure. I think I'm in the top 20 for oldest/largest nations in the world now.
Your level of power depends on a number of variables: your population; the number of nations within the region, the number of endorsements you have/have given ... a whole bunch of stuff. Have you gone to the fourms and read the FAQ there? There will likely be more info on this if you look.
Then there were two. Our national day of Thanksgiving today. No turkey for us but a nice duck with all the sides and too much Amercian football. While we get snow in the Rockies I'll hope for rain in your part of the world.
... and then there were two. Ah well. Talia misit ad nos tentant, and all that.
Australia is becoming unpleasantly hot for the first day of summer. I hate to think what the rest of it's going to be like. Send snow.
Have you tried the new Rift Beta? Go to settings/themes/Rift. Amazing stuff.
Banners galore! Nice, up-to-date look for a new year.
Yep; all good fun.
Christmas wishes to you and yours.
What an interesting year 2014 has turned out to be. Weather pattern changes, more terrorism, legalized recreational cannabis, tumbling oil prices, nonstop political tugs-of-war, environmental disasters and 1 beautiful baby grandson. All in all, not too bad from a completely egocentric viewpoint. Thanks for the conversations through the year my friend. May 2015 bring all of us a wellness of spirit.