WA Delegate: The United Federation of Trektopolis (elected 3 years 74 days ago)
Embassies: Star Trek, Vulcan, The North Atlantic Ocean, Seven Starr Alliance, Dune, Democratic Socialist Alliance, Australasian Democratic Union, Aposir, Antifa, New Britannia, Renaissance, Fraternity Islands, League of Tides, The Ascendancy, Ecnavian Federation, MP ToK, and 68 others.Oceanside, Democrats, Serenity, Intergalactic Federacy, Congress of the Flaming Lotus, NS April Fools Day Jokes, The United San Diego States, Westphalia, Coalition of United Countries, The Grand Old Duke of Pork, Ascendancy Sphere Republic, The League of Just Nations, 3753 Cruithne, Marxism, Hippy Haven, Chrysanthemum Alliance, The Region of Industrious Nations, OmegaT Empire, The Alliance Pocket Universe, The Terran Empire, Tropical Isles, Parallel Dimension, Benevolent Capitalism, The Skyheld Alliance, Revolutionary Nation of Freedom, post nuclear wartorn North America, Darwin Allied Republics, Galaxy, The United Federative of the UCE PUPPETS, United Catholic Nations, The Realm of Dictators, Dutopia, Random, West Kanto, The Lands Beyond the Endless Desert, Halo, OT Alliance, Horses and Bayonets, Milky Way Realm of IF Commomwealths, Sev Space, The Order of Ages, New Cybertron, Alaran peri quan preciad, Qorian Empire, The United Federation of Planets, Next Generation Alliance, Central Eastern Europe, The Muslim Commonwealth, The Darwin Allied Republics, Okeanos, The Seafield Islands, Glorious Nations of Iwaku, Commonwealth of Liberty, Sasktelatown, Alliance of Free Nations, Casubinia, Louisiana Alliance x Alliance Louisiane, Imperium of the Wolf, Socialist Union of Nations, Ivory Tower, Empire of Andrew, New Republica, The Magical Unicorns, The Persian Empire and its Allies, Deep Space, Caladarian Galaxy, The Confederacy of Allied States, and The Imperial Stronghold.
The embassy with Next Generation Alliance is being withdrawn. Closure expected in 7 hours.
Construction of embassies with New Northfield has commenced. Completion expected in 2 days 7 hours.
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Mining Sector in United Federation of Planets
As a region, United Federation of Planets is ranked 16,918th in the world for Largest Mining Sector.
|1.||The Incorporated World of Ferringinar||Capitalist Paradise||“Once you have their money, you never give it back.”|
|2.||The Empire of Aveonia||Compulsory Consumerist State||“All Glory to Aveonia”|
|3.||The Nice and Honest Nation of Fenure||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Don't worry, you can trust us.”|
|4.||The Federation of Alpha Theta IV||Civil Rights Lovefest||“A dream that became a reality”|
|5.||The United Federation of Planets of Warp9||Democratic Socialists||“Maximum Warp!”|
|6.||The United Territories of The Republic of Russia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Peace at any Price”|
|7.||The Federal States of Admiral Janeway||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“That's an order lieutenant!”|
|8.||The Queendom of Carmelle||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“Bigger on the inside.”|
|9.||The United Federation of Kithomer||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Per Aspera Ad Astra”|
|10.||The Galaxy Defender of Aksun||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Living long and really have not seen the prospering...”|
- 15 hours ago: Embassy cancelled between Biden and United Federation of Planets.
- 23 hours ago: The United Federation of Trektopolis agreed to construct embassies with New Northfield.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: The Socialist States of New Da Boss Land of the region New Northfield proposed constructing embassies.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Embassy cancelled between Camper party and United Federation of Planets.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Embassy cancelled between Hotel Quebec and United Federation of Planets.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: The Armed Republic of The Silver Bloods of the region Next Generation Alliance ordered the closure of its embassy in United Federation of Planets.
- 4 days ago: The United Kingdom of Tursas of the region Biden ordered the closure of its embassy in United Federation of Planets.
- 5 days ago: The Matriarchy of BobMoran10 of the region Hotel Quebec ordered the closure of its embassy in United Federation of Planets.
- 5 days ago: The Free Land of Star F1eet of the region The United Federation of Planets cancelled the closure of its embassy in United Federation of Planets.
- 5 days ago: Embassy established between The Imperial Stronghold and United Federation of Planets.
United Federation of Planets Regional Message Board
1. We're already talking on a forum, therefore, an off-site forum is silly & unnecessary.
2. You can't say you're not into RP & then create an off-site forum that encourages it. If you say you're not into it, then neither will anybody else. The only time that forum was of any use, is when it warned us about The Black Riders snooping around, seeing how vulnerable we were.
3. We can't have a government without regular elections. Just sayin'.
4. NationStates itself. This game has been half-assed & half-finished since Max Barry created it. We've been waiting years for him to finish it & the only thing he's done is add an annual zombie apocalypse, that really doesn't affect the game.
OK, before this gets any worse, I have Barney the Dinosaur on reserve, and if it gets too mean in here, I will bring him in, and he will make everyone sing and hug until they are friends again. Understood?
1. First, I'm fine doing everything through this website and factbooks as well, but a lot of people at one time wanted a more serious forum. Maybe we need to figure out why the people who wanted it considered it important. I like this website because it works well on dial-up most of the time, and I don't mind plainer boards, and doing things creatively like everyone did in the 90's.
2. I pushed for RP because I liked it, and was willing to put in the effort. I wish it would have worked. I like writing, and there were few things left to try.
3. I would like elections, and a regular government. There don't seem to be enough people interested in government procedures, though. One of the main things about trying to start the government back up was to attract people to the region, and it didn't work. It didn't even attract much interest within the region. NationStates regions run fine without a government, but if we want to try this, we're going to need to drop all offices except the delegate.
4. Hey, maybe it's half complete, and a relic of the 90's but its a game that works on dial-up. That's enough for me. And for people who have faster internet, you're here, aren't you. Even with the problems, there is something that brings people here.
I'm not meaning this as criticism, its really good that we can finally get anyone to complain about stuff. We tried a while back, and no one had any input. We gotta figure out where the problems are before we can fix them.
@Trek: I'd like to say this as clearly and publicly as possible. I'm genuinely sorry if I offended you, and you're right: I didn't do the forum any favors re role-playing. I tried to make it clear that the forum was just one problem and that I'm as guilty as anyone. Obviously I could have done a better job getting that message through. We may not agree on everything, but I admire your dedication. I apologize. It wasn't fair naming names without even a little warning.
To clarify, I wasn't advocating a new forum. We've tried it twice now... I don't think a third would accomplish anything. It was tactless, but I meant that we should keep open minds, that's all. It wasn't meant as a knock but to illustration that idea.
Oh, I wasn't offended, I was just answering your question; giving my input. Don't worry, we're good. B^)
Sadly, I think the elections reflected real life; in the 2 elections we had, the average voter turnout was about 40%. When we had 30 nations, that broke down to about 12 votes. As it was, in the second election, we had to have a runoff for Vice-President.
Governments are hard to maintain, if players leave the game or the region, especially if they were a member of said government. That's why I tried promoting people, trying to fill up the holes as quickly as possible.
The saddest part about this situation is, that with the exception of a few people, nobody wants to talk to anybody. No one has anything to say, it seems. Without any new input from new nations, I think we've simply run out of things to talk about.
I just take NationStates for what it is & enjoy the company, when I can. The only thing I can think of, is going back to posting my sci-fi questions, if I can think of any.
We seem to be losing a lot of embassies.
You believe the balls on these guys?
I want t' welcome each and every one of ya t' the brand new World Assembly Raidin' Club!
Our raidin' club be using the World Assembly to loot and plunder unsuspecting regions, driving out the nations and hearing the lamentations of the natives!
What be I talkin' about? Several months ago the World Assembly Security Council decided to help invaders by removing the password from Nazi Europe, allowin' everyone and anyone to invade and destroy the region!
Now, the current legislation at vote, Repeal "Liberate Nazi Europe" is trying to undo the invasion and help give control of the region back! But most of us don't want that! Invasions are fun! Raiding be fun!
So to help us support the invasion of Nazi Europe - which be just t' beginnin' - VOTE AGAINST the legislation. Many more regions will be invaded next, with help from the World Assembly and I'll keep ye up t' date!
Support us invaders - VOTE AGAINST the repeal! Or else ye walk the plank!
World Assembly Raidin' Club Captain,
Trektopolis, part 1: I think you may be right, there's a lack of things to talk about, and that was a really important part of the region. Government isn't our region's strength, it was worth a try but didn't really help us grow.
Would it help if some of us tried to come up the discussion topics, too? We could possibly send them to you, or a few people could pick days of the week to post, to spread things out.
Ferringinar: I tried to check that out a few days ago. The most recent lost embassies were with regions lost to the Black Riders. Our smaller allies were hit hard. I wish I could check back further, but I've been having problems with NationStates lately. (along with several other websites,) and can't check the NSA, nor delete telegrams. It would be helpful to figure out how long this has been going on.
Trektopolis, part 2: Ugh, I got that one, too. Unbelievable, and worse with the problems our allies have been having. Way too bold to be sensible. How long until these guys get condemned?
No idea. I have been doing my snooping and one of our embassies with withdrawn due to new delegate and not by invasion.
On another note I think you all missed a zombie during the event... (Me and finals week). *Walks around staggering clasping his worn mechanical pencil.*
So I had 3 hours of sleep right? Well this thread on the forums irritated me quite badly. This is what I typed up. At a young age the brain is developing and it continues to develop throughout our lives. Since this kid is 6 I believe it was said there is no indication of any signs yet of criminal behavior. Kissing someone on the hand is the norm with these young children. They still have the mindset that girls have cooties or that being with a girl is funny and mildly romantic. These kids are just doing what humans do. We interact and develop social relationships in order to survive and in fact without these relationships out health diminishes. The child is getting stimulation from the environment and his brain is developing faster because if it. Some of you are saying this kid if he is or isn't wrong has a sense of right and wrong at age 6. At age 6 brain development is most frequent in the frontal lobe area. The frontal lobe deals with motor skills and judgment, so with that being said at age 6 a child who is still developing motor skills and judgment is now being told he committed an act in which until now had no idea existed? His judgment is telling him this sounds right I like this girl not I think if I kiss this girl it will be sexual harassment and I will get in trouble, but I really like her... The child does not go in depth because he psychologically is incapable at this age. Now going back to crime and from a legal standpoint as defined by Colorado law "A person commits harassment if they do any of the following with the intent to annoy or alarm another person:
strikes, hits, kicks, shoves, or touches a person or subjects him/her to physical contact
uses obscene language or makes an obscene gesture to or at someone in a public place
follows a person in or around a public place." Colorado State Law: Sexual Harassment
This child had no intent to cause alarm or to annoy this girl and girl herself was fine with it. As defined by Colorado law the school is incorrect with their suspension and should actually look at the codes and understand they could have harassed this child themselves.
So, this is my two sense and frankly it is written right there black, white, and gray about the sexual harassment laws in that state.
Full of spelling mistakes... Ugh *facepalm*