WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Hidden Treasures of Delano Cave
The Shire contains 4 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Highest Average Tax Rates in The Shire
Although some nations have similar tax rates for all citizens and others tax the rich much more heavily than the poor, the following provides a rough guide to the most taxing governments.
As a region, The Shire is ranked 8,238th in the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
|1.||The Republic of Adrian Geeky||Father Knows Best State||“Y ddraig goch yn amddiffyn”|
|2.||The Hidden Treasures of Delano Cave||Capitalizt||“Beyond here be dragons”|
|3.||The Matriarchy of Belladonna Took||Capitalist Paradise||“From across The Water”|
|4.||The Mind Controling Dominion of The Puppet Masters||Corporate Police State||“We Pull Your Strings”|
- 10 days ago: The Republic of Adrian Geeky arrived from Osiris.
- 16 days ago: The Theocracy of Elidigale departed this region for Eurasian Socialist Union.
- 18 days ago: The Theocracy of Elidigale arrived from The Pacific.
- 37 days ago: The Kingdom of Falas Doriath of the region Arthedain proposed constructing embassies.
- 49 days ago: The Shadow Dominion of Mordorians of the region The Shadow of Mordor cancelled the closure of its embassy in The Shire.
- 49 days ago: The Wait what of The Barrell of Deadly Fun of the region The Shadow of Mordor ordered the closure of its embassy in The Shire.
- 65 days ago: The Free Land of Rhosgobel of the region Ravencroft proposed constructing embassies.
- 65 days ago: Embassy established between Umbar and The Shire.
- 67 days ago: The Industrial Worker's State of Albul departed this region for The Graveyard.
- 67 days ago: The Industrial Worker's State of Albul arrived from Mordor.
The Shire Regional Message Board
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Serves 4-6 Hobbits
250g chopped onions
500g fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons dill (fresh or dried)
1 tablespoon mild paprika powder
500ml vegetable stock
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
125ml sour cream
Fresh parsley for decoration
Melt the butter in a large pot. Sauté the onions in the butter for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika and vegetable stock. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add sour cream and stir. Do not boil after this point. Serve hot, topped with some fresh chopped parsley.
We Tooks have hunted the ferocious wild mushrooms in the four Farthings for many a year.
Be careful that you don't encounter the Lambton Worm.
I've only ever met Worms made of pyrotechnics. I wonder what a real Worm looks like.
I have no desire to find out.
You may have a point there. I don't want to become a scorched hobbit.
Marinated grilled portobello mushrooms
20 large mushroom caps
3 dl olive oil
4 tablespoons sesame oil
6 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons lemon juice
salt to taste
Mix the marinade and pour over mushrooms. Marinate for 1-2 hours. Grill mushrooms, briefly 6-10 minutes. Eat with freshly baked bread.
You could have a Worm breath on them for a second or two and get the same effect.
It would speed up the grilling.
I just wonder, if I invite people to 'Taste my delicious Worm Breath Mushrooms!' - will they, instead of eating them, pass the mushroom bowl around and around like a mathom?