WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Hidden Treasures of Delano Cave
The Shire contains 3 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Longest Average Lifespans in The Shire
Nations ranked highly have lower rates of preventable death, with their citizens enjoying longer average lifespans.
As a region, The Shire is ranked 12,113th in the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
|1.||The Hidden Treasures of Delano Cave||Capitalizt||“Beyond here be dragons”|
|2.||The Matriarchy of Belladonna Took||Capitalist Paradise||“From across The Water”|
|3.||The Mind Controling Dominion of The Puppet Masters||Corporate Police State||“We Pull Your Strings”|
- 9 days ago: The Free Land of Rhosgobel of the region Ravencroft proposed constructing embassies.
- 9 days ago: Embassy established between Umbar and The Shire.
- 12 days ago: The Industrial Worker's State of Albul departed this region for The Graveyard.
- 12 days ago: The Industrial Worker's State of Albul arrived from Mordor.
- 13 days ago: The Kingdom of Xavendiathose of the region Empire Coalition proposed constructing embassies.
- 13 days ago: The Kingdom of Mr Corsair of the region Umbar agreed to construct embassies.
- 17 days ago: The Hidden Treasures of Delano Cave proposed constructing embassies with Umbar.
- 25 days ago: The Community of Evolved citizens of earth departed this region for Wysteria.
- 28 days ago: The Community of Evolved citizens of earth arrived from Global Right Alliance.
- 31 days ago: Eternal anarchy departed this region for The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples.
The Shire Regional Message Board
In celebration of our completed embassies, I'd like to present The Shire with this box of Niphredil bulbs for your fair hills. When this winter's snow has melted away, you will see a glimpse from the golden wood in your lands. May the sun shine and the rains fall to benefit your harvests. Feel free to drop by in Lothlorien for a visit any time.
Thank you Lady Galadriel.
Greetings and welcome to the Shire. We are a sleepy little region and keep mostly to our knitting. There are a few empty burrows that you ma take up residence in, so help yourself.
Much obliged. I am glad to move into this very comfy hobbit hole. And I may have mushroom recipes to share.
I haven't had a good Mushroom Stew in ages.
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Serves 4-6 Hobbits
250g chopped onions
500g fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons dill (fresh or dried)
1 tablespoon mild paprika powder
500ml vegetable stock
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
125ml sour cream
Fresh parsley for decoration
Melt the butter in a large pot. Sauté the onions in the butter for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika and vegetable stock. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add sour cream and stir. Do not boil after this point. Serve hot, topped with some fresh chopped parsley.
We Tooks have hunted the ferocious wild mushrooms in the four Farthings for many a year.
Be careful that you don't encounter the Lambton Worm.
I've only ever met Worms made of pyrotechnics. I wonder what a real Worm looks like.