WA Delegate (non-executive): The Confederacy of Steel Union (elected 52 days ago)
Founder: The Consortium of Taledonia
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Most Avoided in The Milky Way Galaxy
Nations ranked highly are considered by many to be the most inhospitable, charmless, and ghastly places to spend a vacation, or, indeed, any time at all.
As a region, The Milky Way Galaxy is ranked 3,273rd in the world for Most Avoided.
|1.||The Co-Prosperity Sphere of Auman||Capitalist Paradise||“Equality is a myth.”|
|2.||The Anarchist Planet of Sungai Pusat||Anarchy||“Money from Business from Trade from Peace from Allies”|
|3.||The Holy Green Cash Worshippers of Omicron Alpha||Capitalist Paradise||“Once you have their money, you never give it back”|
|4.||The Star Empire of Huerdae||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Through blood, we endure.”|
|5.||The Galactic Imperium of Kalmarium||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Kalmariumus Imperatorium Terrum Hellectus”|
|6.||The Imperial Regency of Otagia||Left-Leaning College State||“I am Death, your mother. I am to give you fresh birth.”|
|7.||The Invisible Death of NS Virus 1||Capitalizt||“Infection rate: .1, mutation rate: .2”|
|8.||The Vast Empire of Korhaul||Compulsory Consumerist State||“Victory through conquest.”|
|9.||The Systems Alliance of Miyager||Anarchy||“What no other has done, we shall.”|
|10.||The All-Consuming Plague of Neo-Mekanta||Corporate Police State||“EXAMINE - EVOLVE - EXTERMINATE”|
- 2 hours ago: The Dictatorship of Leon de Ortega arrived from The North Pacific.
- 4 hours ago: The Kingdom of Lunasa arrived from The Pacific.
- 5 hours ago: The Dominion of The Babelite-Eresqukan Co-Hegemony arrived from The East Pacific.
- 6 hours ago: The Republic of Terra Divinia of the region The Remnants of the Mian Empire proposed constructing embassies.
- 1 day ago: The Adorable Cuteness of Vandoosa of the region Glorious Nations of Iwaku proposed constructing embassies.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: The Freed Imperial Swamplands of Digmound departed this region for Glorious Nations of Iwaku.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: The Freed Imperial Swamplands of Digmound arrived from Realm of Unrestricted Science.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: The Commonwealth of The Thirty People ceased to exist.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: The Sovereign Planetary Order of Ailac ceased to exist.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: The Allied States of The Frontier Systems Alliance arrived from Confederation of Nations.
The Milky Way Galaxy Regional Message Board
Those with few freedoms are usually those who care about politics.
It's rather odd, to be honest. I don't understand. You'd think those with few freedoms would care the least, since they have no choice in the matter anyways, but apparently Max Barry thought differently when he programmed stuff.
Hey now, who said anything about few freedoms? I know I'm generally seen as an evil militarist empire, but there's a fair bit of freedom in the HSE. So that actually works against that argument. The only real lack of freedoms is in politics, where upper-level politics is still a dictatorship, as opposed to lower-level, more local politics which are democratic.
So I'm not the only one who is only dictatorial at the highest levels?
Guess not. Planetary governor is as high as you get through democracy. Past that, you're appointed, or promoted.
It's not strange at all, Senkaku. The more control government has over the lives of its citizens, the less freedom they have. And I don't know about you, but if someone was in charge of running my life, I'd be interested in how they're doing it; regardless of whether or not I can do anything about it. Further, people take an interest in things they can't have, whilst things they do have are taken for granted. Hence the low voter turnouts in all Western democracies.
We run things as a meriticracy... Ironically, the only real civil laws can be neatly explained in one sentance. Dont touch that, don't put that in your mouth, whatever you like to do, do it well.
The rules regarding methods of acquisition of power (aka elections, votes, or other means of climbing the proverbial leadership ladder) Are rather fixed, and no one person or body is capable of altering them. This makes it impossible to 'buy' or otherwise leverage positions of power. They don't so much have written hard set laws, so much as social customs...
One of our main laws is that, if it's not easy to understand, it's not law. Legal jargon doesn't exist in the Kereth system.
Finally slowly but steady DCR becomes a nice place to be, I like that.