WA Delegate: The Federal Republic of New Carloso (elected 113 days ago)
Founder: The Imperium of Lenehen
Embassies: The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples, Secularia, The Alliance of Grittonia, Democratic Social Union, Union of Socialist Confederate Republics, Leninist Russia, The Commonwealth of Kings, The Darklands, Astyria, The Federal Islands 2nd Gen, The National Conglomerate, Global Powers, Asiana, and Atlas.
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Defense Forces in The ACSN
Nations ranked highly spend disproportionately large amounts of money on national defense, and are most secure against foreign aggression.
As a region, The ACSN is ranked 247th in the world for Largest Defense Forces.
|1.||The Imperium of Lenehen||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Only the awkward question; only the foolish ask twice”|
|2.||The Empire of the Great Wolf of CREEEEEED||Father Knows Best State||“By the will of the Great Wolf, make it so.”|
|3.||The Great Empire of Rednael||Democratic Socialists||“Long live the Empire of Rednael!”|
|4.||The Republic of Rynagria||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“May God forgive us for what we've done.”|
|5.||The Federal Republic of New Carloso||New York Times Democracy||“Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori”|
|6.||The Enclave Union of Kalarin||Psychotic Dictatorship||“United we are strong, divided we fall”|
|7.||The United Federation of Leonarus||Democratic Socialists||“Dura lex sed lex!”|
|8.||The Constitutional Monarchy of De Levante||Democratic Socialists||“Dios salve al Rey”|
|9.||The Atheist Republic of Sankji||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Deeds not Words”|
|10.||The Sovereign Dominion of Cylidia||Democratic Socialists||“Hail mighty Leon Negeyev!”|
- 19 hours ago: The Democratic Republic of Thisledale arrived from Balder.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: The Republic of Evanstania ceased to exist.
- 9 days ago: The Holy Empire of Xelar arrived from Lazarus.
- 16 days ago: The Legal Federal Democracy of Yahtzee430 departed this region for Liberal Haven.
- 18 days ago: The Democratic Founder of ZackStein of the region Democratic Social Union cancelled the closure of its embassy in The ACSN.
- 18 days ago: The Federation of Aurum Riders 8012th Treasury of the region Democratic Social Union ordered the closure of its embassy in The ACSN.
- 19 days ago: The Democratic Republic of Thisledale ceased to exist.
- 19 days ago: The Sovereign Dominion of Cylidia arrived from Osiris.
- 20 days ago: The Constitutional Monarchy of Triterria ceased to exist.
- 26 days ago: The Dictatorship of City 78 ceased to exist.
The ACSN Regional Message Board
No one has posted in days... so I'm just going to say... SWAG
It's actually just occurred to me that we should be having elections right now. So if anyone is interested in running for something, get on the forums and make a topic. Posting in here won't hurt you either, but make sure you create a forum post.
As per usual, campaigning will run until the 20th, then voting will run until the 22nd. After that changeover happens.
Oh if only I cared about regional office. War, not diplomacy, is the answer.
Guys. I have a question for y'all. If given the choice between only these TWO weapons in a zombie apocalypse. Ammunition count doesn't matter, you'd have a massive stockpile's worth back at your home base or whatever. Anyway, given the choice between only these two weapons which would you choose? A .45 Caliber M1911 or a 9mm Browning HP?
Colt M1911, more power for stopping humans, can be suppressed more easily due it's subsonic rounds it fires. And it's pretty thin, since it's a single stack pistol, which means it's more concealable and in theory should be quicker to draw and it would be more comfortable to shoot.
Besides, I think the .45 ACP is still one of the most common rounds within the United States for civilians.
THANK YOU! Someone who likes .45 caliber. I myself actually own a .45 handgun, athough it's not .45 Automatic it's actually GAP, which is a shorter round. Works in .45 ACP guns but not vice versa. My handgun is made for GAP. In a zombie apocalypse, not the most practical thing. Good thing I know of neighbors around who own stockpiles of guns.
While I prefer .45 as a round (objectively it is just BETTER), I'd have to go with the 9mm in a zombie apocalypse, for the following reasons:
1. Higher clip capacity. When it comes down to it, a headshot from a 9mm is going to be just as deadly to zombies as a .45, and you can fit more 9mm into a pistol. More shots = more dead zombies = lower chance of being bitten.
2. 9mm is more readily available than .45 (being the most widely-used pistol round in the world never hurts), so it'll be easier to keep stocked.
3. 9mm rounds are smaller, so you can physically carry more of them for the same weight, which is more useful than the sheer stopping power.
Of course, these three points only really matter if you're on the move. If you have a static position, maintaining a stockpile of .45 ammo probably wouldn't be that difficult and would eliminate points 2 and 3 as factors, though if you had to move on for whatever reason, they'd immediately become important again.
Okay. I can see your logic. Personally I have a preference for .45 myself. Got about a thousand rounds in a closet. Wish I went shooting more often, be better for my aim.
Altough I'd would choose .45 in my country I'd choose browning.
I had a mad idea of making a MiG21 crazy son with western systems.