WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Empire of A New Sparta
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Most Cultured in Sparta
After spending many tedious hours in coffee shops and concert halls, World Census experts have found the following nations to be the most cultured.
As a region, Sparta is ranked 5,856th in the world for Most Cultured.
|1.||The Noodleheaded Nobodies of Noogie Noggins||Moralistic Democracy||“Never a noogie nor a noggin!”|
|2.||The Republic of Laconophilia||Left-Leaning College State||“I have heard the Nightingale herself.”|
|3.||The Squirrely Spartan State of Camiono Palmero Island||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Thou Shall Not Eat my Cookies!”|
|4.||The Empire of A New Sparta||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Begin with your own family.”|
|5.||The Placeholder of The White Fleets||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Not By You.”|
|6.||The Capital City-State of Spartan Philidelphia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Corrupta, Insana, Lacedaemonia (:D)”|
|7.||The Spartan Ephor Territory of Kathmandu Island||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Fear not Spartans, for Tonight, We fight Spammers!!!”|
|8.||The Shining Lamp of Smmersln||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“The brightest light is the one that burns within you”|
- 40 days ago: The Empire of A New Sparta granted posting privileges on the Sparta Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- 41 days ago: The Spartan Ephor Territory of Kathmandu Island arrived from Lazarus.
- 42 days ago: The Spartan Ephor Territory of Kathmandu Island ceased to exist.
- 59 days ago: The Republic of A turtle named Dan 103 departed this region for World Alliance.
- 59 days ago: The Republic of A turtle named Dan 103 arrived from The Kingdom of Sparta.
- 65 days ago: The Mad Malfunctioning King of Roberto- of the region Kingdom of Greece withdrew an invitation to construct embassies.
- 68 days ago: The Mad Malfunctioning King of Roberto- of the region Kingdom of Greece proposed constructing embassies.
- 69 days ago: The Zeonic Alliance of Arthenia departed this region for The Free Lands.
- 69 days ago: The Zeonic Alliance of Arthenia arrived from Zssaeo.
- 93 days ago: The Republic of Laconophilia arrived from The Pacific.
Sparta Regional Message Board
I laughed when he died.
That's good news.
How is everyone?
Poorer. (Just paid property taxes so that other people's children can go to school on my dime.)
If it makes you feel any better, some of those kids fought for your right to bitch about it.
Probably not very many. A lot fight though...with each other...and their guards.
You know, for complaining all the time about people being inactive on this board, you sure seem unwilling to communicate in a way that encourages further interaction...
Obviously you are unaccustomed to laconic irony. And obviously you do not pay property taxes. But that aside, where in the constitution does it require people to pay property taxes? It doesn't, but they are a relic of past times when property was owned only by the very wealthy. The taxes were a way for them to show their power and generosity. Today, this no longer applies. Many of the extremely wealthy own little or no real estate and so are not touched by the tax, while a large proportion of land owners are retired middle class people or farmers, whose wealth is tied down in their property and they have few liquid assets on which to live . Back when Property owners were the wealthy, voting rights were relegated only to land and property owners, so they were the ones who actually determined property tax rates. Today, voting rights are given to virtually all citizens above a certain age, so now it has become the norm for voters to be able to vote taxes upon a portion of the population that do not include themselves for their own benefit and not for the individuals forced to pay them.
For something to be Laconic it is assumed it will be witty.
You just spout non-sequitur.
Anyway, I'm not going to get into a flame war with you. The grass is always greener....
Though it seems you might want to keep in mind that the Constitution also failed to abolish slavery. You know, back when people were property?
You'll get no sympathy from me complaining about how more people get to vote these days.