WA Delegate (non-executive): The Republic of Calimera II (elected 12 days ago)
Founder: The Region of South-America
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Nudest in South America
After exhaustive surveys, the World Census calculated which nations have the greatest acreages of flesh on public display.
As a region, South America is ranked 6,818th in the world for Nudest.
|1.||The Federal Democratic Republic of Amwestheim||New York Times Democracy||“Amer de Loesse, Amer de Vu, op Amer de Valor”|
|2.||The Federal Republic of Neragua||Anarchy||“Libertad y Unión”|
|3.||The Holy Provinces of Luchyen||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Victoria fideles vocat”|
|4.||The Republic of Entre Rios||Left-Leaning College State||“Dios, Unión, Libertad”|
|5.||The Free Land of Darkest Peru||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Please Look After These Bears”|
|6.||The Republic of Mikterra||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“Insema, noz staraz”|
|7.||The Island Republic of Lucamania||Corporate Police State||“It is proper to work”|
|8.||The United Provinces of Caraguatay||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Firme y feliz por la unión”|
|9.||The Republic of Taragui||New York Times Democracy||“La única verdad es la realidad.”|
|10.||The Holy Empire of Paranavi||Libertarian Police State||“For Life, for Love, and for the Blessed Land!”|
- 71 minutes ago: The United States of Southern American Nations arrived from The South Pacific.
- 116 minutes ago: The Nomadic Peoples of HMS Goldfinch departed this region for Caribbean.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: The Ancient Tribal Theocracy of Azteca Americana departed this region for Western Indian Confederacy.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: The Sovereign State of Cieriantelli arrived from Osiris.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: The Island Republic of Lucamania arrived from The Caribbean.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: The Nomadic Peoples of HMS Goldfinch arrived from The East Pacific.
- 4 days ago: The Republic of Hoenns arrived from Osiris.
- 5 days ago: The Free Land of Homelad arrived from The Pacific.
- 5 days ago: The Federation of Brothers of Homelad arrived from The West Pacific.
- 6 days ago: The Federal Republic of Sharonya ceased to exist.
South America Regional Message Board
Something to enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sArDRGzBAmE
That was a strange video. Who was the lady behind the singer. Anyway, it was strange but well done.
That singer is creepy....
It's Charly García! King of rock nacional! Genius. Did you guys see him when he was younger? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S72mxiVgV4E
I like the fact that he's an odd fellow.
To continue this sort of strange video scene, how about this. Its Dominican Rock. Yes, it seems there are Rock groups in the land of Merengue and Bachata. music (the Domincan Republic).
I like the song. I enjoy how they have a rock song but still have their Dominican sound to it, keeping to their roots.
Are any of you Soda Stereo fans?
That Dominican Band song sounded more like Reggae. And never heard of Soda Stereo. You seem to like Argentinian bands. One of the few Argentinian bands that is popular here is "Banda XXI". But there music tends to lean toward the tropical music sound.
This is the band from a local show from Argentina
This is the band being interviewed last year on an Argentinian show.
So they are classified has a Cuarteto Cordobés band. Its a type of Sub-genre of Argentinian music.
And this on the Merenteto which is Argentinas version of Dominican Merengue
Must admit, my knowledge of the South American music scene is non-existent...
Soda Stereo is not only the BEST latin rock band, it is THE BEST band ever. My Spanish isn't even that good but there is no band like them.
My favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixjMZeQE4mo
Neragua, especially for you, a song about Buenos Aires: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDk7WgigT-w
An orgasmic song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2peyqGHhzA
Their biggest hits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYlvtcjnpZk & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAu84qbPjJY
Sorry for all the songs, had to share!
Records and Achievements
- The First Latin American artist to use the compact disc format (CD) in the album Signos.
- The First Latin American group to have a TV broadcast with stereo sound during the presentation of their album Dynamo in the program "Fax en Concierto", in 1992.
- The first Spanish-language band to play in the United States as the main event.
- The first Spanish-language band to tour Latin America. Formerly the Spanish rock groups rarely left their home country and if they did not obtain much success. Soda Stereo was the first group to exploit the idea of expansion across the region.
- The First Ibero-American band to include an interactive track in an album, in this case with his MTV Unplugged album, Comfort y Música Para Volar, in 1996.
- The first Latin American band in transmit over the Internet a concert (1996), in the Argentine radio program "Cuál Es?" of the Rock & Pop radio.
- The Me Verás Volver tour (You Will See Me Return), in 2007, with more than one million attendees, is the largest gathering of an Latin American rock band in history.
- In his tour "Me Verás Volver 2007" reached record for perform six concerts in the Estadio Monumental de River Plate on the same tour, beating the previous mark of five concerts of The Rolling Stones
- Before the tour Me Verás Volver, Robbie Williams held the record for most tickets sold in less time in Argentina (River Plate stadium sold out in five days), but the record was broken by Soda Stereo in 2007 to sell two concerts in the River Plate Stadium in less than a day.
- In Peru, as in Argentina, won the "SOLD OUT" in just five days to put tickets on sale, and was organized a new presentation in Lima for the December 9, 2007.
- During the tour Me Verás Volver in Ecuador 2007 were 45,000 spectators present at the Modelo Alberto Spencer Stadium in Guayaquil. The largest concert has been given in the history of Ecuador.
- In Chile is the band that with more people have filled the Estadio Nacional de Chile, surpassing to Los Prisioneros, who held the record with two presentations in 2001.
- Greater attendance at a pay concert in Venezuela. more than 55,000 fans gather at the Hippodrome de la Rinconada in Caracas in 2007, during the tour Me Verás Volver.
- Greater attendance at a pay concert in Colombia. 52,000 people gather Simón Bolívar Park Bogotá, in 2007, during the tour Me Verás Volver.
- Greater attendance at a pay concert at the National Stadium, Panama, with 22,000 spectators, the November 27, 2007.
- Greater attendance at a concert at Estadio Chateau Carreras Córdoba, with 48,000 spectators, the December 15, 2007. With this fact the band snatched los Redondos the record he had gotten years ago at the Córdoba stadium.
Rio Cana, Banda XXI is something I'd enjoy on the radio but wouldn't buy the CD. Having said that I have 4 Soda Stereo CD's and 5 Gustavo Cerati (lead singer) solo album CD's.
I'm really passionate about them. I love my music, rock music, and to me Soda Stereo is better than Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, KISS and such. But everyone has their own taste.
Sorry I can get very annoying with songs. So many interesting stuff I'd love to share, but if it annoys you to listen to them, it's ok. Just keep sharing yours, I enjoy seeing and listening to stuff I don't know.