WA Delegate: The Magnificent Kingdom of Avaerilon (elected 228 days ago)
Regional Power: Extremely High
Today's World Census Report
The Best Weather in Social Liberal Union
The following nations were determined to have the best all-round weather.
As a region, Social Liberal Union is ranked 737th in the world for Best Weather.
|1.||The Magnificent Kingdom of Avaerilon||Left-wing Utopia||“Ylf i'n Qidiol ir Fyr Aspar (I am True to My Heart)”|
|2.||The Federation of Terran Nations||Democratic Socialists||“Intellect Is Our Greatest Resource”|
|3.||The Radical Environmentalists of Zmon||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Nature Brings Bliss”|
|4.||The Sovereign Republic of Falkyria||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Freedom in Solidarity, Strength in Unity”|
|5.||The Capital of Holtmimir||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“ᴀʟʟ ɍᴀᴛʜᴇʀs ᴄᴀʀᴇ ɍѳʀ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sѳɴs”|
|6.||The Federal Socialist Utopia of Vancovaria||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Freedom isn't freedom without equality”|
|7.||The Feminist Grand Duchy of Quirn||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“The forms are normal, but the norms are purely formal.”|
|8.||The Rickenbacker Jangliness of The Byrds||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“I, I don't have the vaguest notion”|
|9.||The United Commune of Upper Boredonia||Civil Rights Lovefest||“In apathy we... whatever.”|
|10.||The Council Republic of North American Republics||Left-wing Utopia||“The People First!”|
- 5 hours ago: The Nomadic Peoples of Nomarchy arrived from The East Pacific.
- 10 hours ago: The Democratic Republic of Guertonias Liberation Front arrived from Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- 16 hours ago: The Republic of Wyzkia arrived from The North Pacific.
- 21 hours ago: The Empire of El CRUB arrived from The Pacific.
- 23 hours ago: The Kingdom of Do Anything Land departed this region for Democratic society union.
- 1 day ago: The Kingdom of Do Anything Land arrived from The North Pacific.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: The Magnificent Kingdom of Avaerilon suppressed some posts on the regional message board.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: The Federal Republic of Kataana ceased to exist.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: The Empire of Conservative Missionary of Dog Bird departed this region for Trade Federation of Kickass.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: The Borderland Federation of Globalcontrol of the region The Sol solar System proposed constructing embassies.
Social Liberal Union Regional Message Board
I would say that it shouldn't be classified as a right, that prevents it being a crime, I think regardless of how desperate the circumstances are, you are still committing mass murder. That being said, I wouldn't create a special crime for the general usage of it either, only for specific cases of usage, otherwise it should be considered as one of the crimes of war, including the environmental damage that usage caused, so therefore it could be measured against being proportionate, avoidable, etc. same as any other act of war, rather than as a right.
Sorry, I meant SC :P I guess my mind overruled the notion of it being in the GA when it considered nuclear weapons were involved xD
Haha makes sense, Ava.
Isn't SC more for R/D regulations and libs?
It is, but the fact I associate it with military subconsciously meant I, focussing on something else for a second, typed "SC" instead :P
I agree the wordage is iffy but there are situation where the possession if not the usage is extremely useful, and I think the "self-defense" argument comes into play at some point.
"Yo you nuked me I'm gonna nuke you back" is a big threat.
I would concede that possession should be tolerated under international law, at least on this game. But I stick to my point on the whole treating it as an act of way with massive destruction and huge consequences, rather than a right.
Threatening to use nuclear weapons can be an "act of aggression" under certain circumstances as well as a "preparation to commit a crime against humanity". Please note though that this is a very new development in international law, as the crime of aggression is included in the 2010 Amendments to the Rome Statute (International Criminal Court charter), the jurisdiction amendment part of which will likely enter into force after 2017.
That all sounds eminently reasonable!
Voted against the GA resolution, as per 80% of the region.