WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Community of Elrond Half-Elven
Rivendell contains 2 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Welfare Programs in Rivendell
Governments ranked highly spend the most on social welfare programs. Nations ranked low tend to have weak or non-existent government welfare.
As a region, Rivendell is ranked 12,171st in the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
|1.||The Community of Elrond Half-Elven||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Welcome to Imladris”|
|2.||The Principality of Lindir||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“To sheep other sheep no doubt appear different”|
- : The Kingdom of Elvenking Thranduil of the region The Woodland Realm proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Democratic Republic of Old HampshireVille of the region Orthanc at Isengard proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Republic of Bad Defence Embassy of the region The Embassy proposed constructing embassies.
- : Traveller gandalf ceased to exist.
- : The Drow Cult of The Poison Elves departed this region for 32 County Irish Republic.
- : The Drow Cult of The Poison Elves arrived from Tortuga.
- : Traveller gandalf arrived from Middle Earth.
- : Embassy established between Rivendell and The Shire.
- : The Empire of Concasia of the region Sauron proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Nazi Europa Skin-changer of Beorn the Shapeshifter of the region The Shire agreed to construct embassies.
Rivendell Regional Message Board
May I wish the Valley of Rivendell a pleasant holiday season.
Elvish Holiday Card
Artist: Petitpotato on Deviantart.
Greetings, Lord Elrond! I've brought my harp and my songbook.
Excellent! Let the dramatic poetry readings and the singing begin!
Before you ascend Misty Mountains
seek us for good food and wise council.
We'll let you carouse
in the last homely house
but please do not bathe in the fountains.
Middle Earth poll: Which original movie character is your favourite? page=poll/p=22022
Lindir/Figwit is a hybrid of sorts. Was introduced as a nameless original hanger-on in LOTR, and because of positive fan response to Figwit, reappeared in The Hobbit. He was then retroactively named Lindir, the character in LOTR who talks shop about poetry with Bilbo.
That means he's only partially an original character then?
It's too bad this scene is only included in the extended version. You get lots of time on screen in it.
I think we could say that Figwit was made into an only partially original character retroactively. I can't really recall anything which the Lindir in the Hobbit film has in common with the Lindir from the LOTR book except the name and that he lives in Rivendell. Maybe there's something extra I didn't notice.
Hence the limerick reference to fountains. :) Apparently it was really hard for Bret Mckenzie to learn all those Elvish lines at short notice, but they were really patient and good humoured, so they got the scenes completed.
Rivendell behind the scenes: