WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Community of Elrond Half-Elven
Rivendell contains 3 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Most Pacifist in Rivendell
Nations ranked highly pursue diplomatic solutions rather than military ones in the international arena, have small or nonexistent militaries, and peace-loving citizens.
As a region, Rivendell is ranked 6,426th in the world for Most Pacifist.
|1.||The Principality of Lindir||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“To sheep other sheep no doubt appear different”|
|2.||The Kingdom of King Thranduil||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“The End of All Things”|
|3.||The Community of Elrond Half-Elven||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Welcome to Imladris”|
- : The Great Almighty Holy Empire of The Democratic Empire of Dirt of the region The Dirt Alliance proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Im bored of Jeoate of the region Jeoate proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Airborne Flock of Migrating Geese departed this region for Riolo.
- : The Airborne Flock of Migrating Geese arrived from Riviera Isles.
- : The Kingdom of King Thranduil arrived from Mirkwood.
- : The Empire of Concasia of the region Sauron proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Principality of Lindir arrived from Osiris.
- : The Free Forests of Rhosgobel of the region Ravencroft proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Principality of Lindir ceased to exist.
- : The Community of Elrond Half-Elven rejected Console alliance's request for regional embassies.
Rivendell Regional Message Board
May I wish the Valley of Rivendell a pleasant holiday season.
Elvish Holiday Card
Artist: Petitpotato on Deviantart.
Greetings, Lord Elrond! I've brought my harp and my songbook.
Excellent! Let the dramatic poetry readings and the singing begin!
Before you ascend Misty Mountains
seek us for good food and wise council.
We'll let you carouse
in the last homely house
but please do not bathe in the fountains.
Middle Earth poll: Which original movie character is your favourite? page=poll/p=22022
Lindir/Figwit is a hybrid of sorts. Was introduced as a nameless original hanger-on in LOTR, and because of positive fan response to Figwit, reappeared in The Hobbit. He was then retroactively named Lindir, the character in LOTR who talks shop about poetry with Bilbo.
That means he's only partially an original character then?
It's too bad this scene is only included in the extended version. You get lots of time on screen in it.
I think we could say that Figwit was made into an only partially original character retroactively. I can't really recall anything which the Lindir in the Hobbit film has in common with the Lindir from the LOTR book except the name and that he lives in Rivendell. Maybe there's something extra I didn't notice.
Hence the limerick reference to fountains. :) Apparently it was really hard for Bret Mckenzie to learn all those Elvish lines at short notice, but they were really patient and good humoured, so they got the scenes completed.
Rivendell behind the scenes: