WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Community of Elrond Half-Elven
Rivendell contains 2 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Lowest Overall Tax Burden in Rivendell
World Census financial experts assessed nations across a range of direct and indirect measures in order to determine which placed the lowest tax burden on their citizens.
As a region, Rivendell is ranked 13,261st in the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
|1.||The Principality of Lindir||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“To sheep other sheep no doubt appear different”|
|2.||The Community of Elrond Half-Elven||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Welcome to Imladris”|
- 6 days ago: The Principality of Lindir arrived from Osiris.
- 12 days ago: The Free Forests of Rhosgobel of the region Ravencroft proposed constructing embassies.
- 22 days ago: The Principality of Lindir ceased to exist.
- 32 days ago: The Community of Elrond Half-Elven rejected Console Alliance's request for regional embassies.
- 34 days ago: The Empire of The Xbox One of the region Console Alliance proposed constructing embassies.
- 90 days ago: Embassy cancelled between Mithlond and Rivendell.
- 134 days ago: Embassy established between Rivendell and Mithlond.
- 137 days ago: The Community of Elrond Half-Elven agreed to construct embassies with Mithlond.
- 137 days ago: Nowe of the region Mithlond proposed constructing embassies.
- 158 days ago: The Principality of Lindir arrived from Imladris.
Rivendell Regional Message Board
May I wish the Valley of Rivendell a pleasant holiday season.
Elvish Holiday Card
Artist: Petitpotato on Deviantart.
Greetings, Lord Elrond! I've brought my harp and my songbook.
Excellent! Let the dramatic poetry readings and the singing begin!
Before you ascend Misty Mountains
seek us for good food and wise council.
We'll let you carouse
in the last homely house
but please do not bathe in the fountains.
Middle Earth poll: Which original movie character is your favourite? page=poll/p=22022
Lindir/Figwit is a hybrid of sorts. Was introduced as a nameless original hanger-on in LOTR, and because of positive fan response to Figwit, reappeared in The Hobbit. He was then retroactively named Lindir, the character in LOTR who talks shop about poetry with Bilbo.
That means he's only partially an original character then?
It's too bad this scene is only included in the extended version. You get lots of time on screen in it.
I think we could say that Figwit was made into an only partially original character retroactively. I can't really recall anything which the Lindir in the Hobbit film has in common with the Lindir from the LOTR book except the name and that he lives in Rivendell. Maybe there's something extra I didn't notice.
Hence the limerick reference to fountains. :) Apparently it was really hard for Bret Mckenzie to learn all those Elvish lines at short notice, but they were really patient and good humoured, so they got the scenes completed.
Rivendell behind the scenes: