WA Delegate: The Holy Empire of Fely (elected 29 days ago)
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Safest in Renaissance
The World Census ranked nations on a variety of scales to produce an indication of how safe a country is to visit.
As a region, Renaissance is ranked 14,259th in the world for Safest.
|1.||The Holy Empire of Fely||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“We can do MUCH better than THAT!”|
|2.||The Federation of Of planets||Left-wing Utopia||“Star Trek can't sue us!”|
|3.||The Borderlands of The Barren Desert||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Manemus Aeterna”|
|4.||The English County of East Sussex||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“We won't be driven away”|
|5.||The Democratic Republic of Vomdan||Moralistic Democracy||“Seeing is believing”|
|6.||The City-State of Leptis Parva||Father Knows Best State||“Lepton, Muon, Nuon!”|
|7.||The Red Ebony Clock of The Pit and The Pendulum||New York Times Democracy||“What a Nut!”|
|8.||The Principality of Anchor Of Intensity||Father Knows Best State||“Intensity shall solve any problem.”|
|9.||The Emperor of Tamerlane||Capitalist Paradise||“The Scourge of God”|
|10.||The Confederacy of French Debate||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“☣”|
- 1 day 12 hours ago: The Republic of Nodacrux ceased to exist.
- 4 days ago: The Confused Lands of The Drunken Butler of the region The United Coalition of Butlers proposed constructing embassies.
- 6 days ago: The Colony of Lazerene Marine Battalion6 ceased to exist.
- 7 days ago: The Badlands Beyond the Brink of The Bizarre of the region The Illuminati proposed constructing embassies.
- 13 days ago: The Incorporated States of Cisco Systems departed this region for Federation of Free States.
- 19 days ago: The Armed Republic of XxTealcranexX of the region The 1st branch of judicial conduct proposed constructing embassies.
- 20 days ago: Embassy established between Renaissance and The Royal Imperial Directorate.
- 21 days ago: Embassy established between Renaissance and Commonwealth of Liberty.
- 22 days ago: The Democratic Republic of Vomdan arrived from Lazarus.
- 22 days ago: The Holy Empire of Fely suppressed a post on the regional message board.
Renaissance Regional Message Board
I do not see how it is not getting anywhere?
The Council virtually cannot be corrupt due to the fact that it will be comprised of all WA members and that they will be elected by the citizenry. Corruption isn't even a factor, thus removing the need for the Founder to intervene in regional politics.
The fact that someone is WA or not doesn't mean they are responsible--raiders have many WA nations, as do defenders--and last time I checked, we haven't even addressed that yet. Even if they are elected by the people, it is possible to pull the wool over someone's eyes: I was once in a region which was raided by a sleeper, or a WA delegate who wormed his way in and threw us out in the middle of the night.
The Judicial Branch is supposed to check the other parts of government. Thus, doesn't it stand to reason that someone outside of government should be the one instating judges? You risk too much otherwise--it's a Pandora's box that someone will come along and open.
At least one good thing to come of these, ah, discussions, is that the RMB has become quite active again....but we have been counting our chickens before they have hatched....
so, what's our recruitment strategy of choice for the moment?
I'd presume that you agree the best strategy is for the Founder to being sending out telegrams to Recruiter friendly regions...?
And leave it entirely on the founder's shoulders?
Unfortunately, I won't have enough time in the near future to go on an all-out recruiting spree. However, depending on developments with the NS++ system, is is possible that I can delegate the ability to auto-send recruitment TGs to one or more regional members, which would be ideal.
The only problem is, I don't know when that system is coming out (or indeed if it has come out already).
As for the judicial system, we used to have an elected judgeship, and it turned out completely awfully. No one wanted to be the judge, and the person that ended up getting elected had very wacky ideas about the powers of the judiciary (somehow, it was to be superior even to the text of the Constitution!) I know the proposal at the moment is not for an elected judiciary, but really, I would like to see this totally insulated from political judgement. I am more than happy to take in applications every time a vacancy arises, and make a decision as to who to appoint.
I should also make it clear that I have absolutely zero interest in the politics of the region, except where the politics would harm the region's development. So, when I say that I don't have any interest in appointing biased judges, I really mean it.
...so...I'm guessing we won't have elected judges.
Let's make a list of viable ways to instate judges...
1) I think that having Ile accept applications and make the appointment...Personally, I think this would be best so long as Ile is okay with it, as it would provide constancy in who does the appointing and how they appoint....
Once a few ideas are on the table, we can decide as a group which one's the best way.
Your idea sounds alright, but I would also like to say I think that if Judge Franklin is elected, I don't think he should be able to turn in another application immediately.
Perhaps a term limit, then? How about something along the lines of "A judge may not serve for more than two consecutive terms"...
There ya go!