WA Delegate: The Scientific Collectives of Frenequesta (elected )
Founder: The Holy Technocracy of New Amerik
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Most Primitive in Realm of Unrestricted Science
Nations were ranked by World Census officials based on the number of natural phenomena attributed solely to the unknowable will of the gods.
As a region, Realm of Unrestricted Science is ranked 18,261st in the world for Most Primitive.
|1.||The Democratic Republic of Piquia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Libre en Liberté et Patrie”|
|2.||The Federal Republic of Bell Keepers||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“Ask not for whom the bell tolls; you're late for work.”|
|3.||The Republic of Lautrec-||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“Praise the Sun”|
|4.||The Free Land of Separation||New York Times Democracy||“There is no bliss in ignorance”|
|5.||The Allied States of The Chiarite Solidarity||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Tranquility, Environmentalism, Activism”|
|6.||The Commonwealth of Original Horizontality||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Particle size does not affect porosity”|
|7.||The Community of Positivas||Civil Rights Lovefest||“ɪɴ ᴀᴍɪᴄɪᴛɪᴀ sᴄɪᴇɴᴛɪᴀ”|
|8.||The Paranoid Republic of Daskoxian||Left-Leaning College State||“Raising the Last Bastion”|
|9.||The Apoahnian Democratic Empire of Paridasino||Left-wing Utopia||“Occasionem, aequalitem et indagatio”|
|10.||The Scientific State of Physics Island||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“There are no questions that science can't answer.”|
- : The Reunited States of Danz Herlmon of the region Pax Britannia withdrew an invitation to construct embassies.
- : The Technocratic Republic of United Furry Alliance departed this region for The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples.
- : The Technocratic Republic of United Furry Alliance arrived from The Dirt Alliance.
- : The Dreamspace of Fritolaytopia departed this region for Dreamworld.
- : The Dreamspace of Fritolaytopia arrived from The Forgotten Lands.
- : The Promethean Khaganate of Basementees of the region Pax Britannia proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Oppressed Peoples of Union of Corporate States departed this region for The Union of Economists.
- : The Oppressed Peoples of Union of Corporate States arrived from Nova Historiae.
- : The Technocratic Republic of Oranginia arrived from 10000 Islands.
- : Kinetica ceased to exist.
Realm of Unrestricted Science Regional Message Board
GREETINGS. ***MISSIVE ENDS***
-Welcome-Drone #003-A, Citizen 490-76-6780
"Conscription flies in the face of my religion," declares Tim Janssen, Grand Poobah of the Order of Maxx."
>Pan-Dystopian state religion is Death Worship.
>Citizen 000-00-0001 is God by popular acclaim.
>Heathens so dumb SMH. #SoStupid
-Social Media-Drone #501-D, Citizen 910-11-2388
Whose Fault Is It Anyways?
After a frantic and disgruntled couple set the record for most domestic violence complaints in a single month, people have begun to reconsider the nation's uncompromising opposition to divorce.
1. "Get your dirty hands off my kids!" screams Faith Nucleus while strangling her husband. "I never want to see you ever again! Mama, all that I want is to divorce my idiotic husband for ... reasons I won't explain. I demand that you legalize divorce so I can get rid of this scumbag once and for all. Hold still dear, my hands are slipping."
2. "Arghhh! Get your hands off my throat!" croaks her husband while frantically trying to escape his wife's grasp. "Of course you're gonna bring up that instance with your sister. I only did that because of what you did with my brother!" The man catches his breath, then continues, "Mama, my shrew of a wife fails to recognize the real problem. The government is doing nothing to help strained couples stay together. Marriage counseling needs to be free, for the sake of families across The Children of Mama. Any problem can be solved with enough... arghh! Get off me!"
3. "Matrimony is a sacred union that cannot be broken," intones your grandmother, Jessica Jones, reciting holy texts. "What would happen to spouses if we allowed them to separate? How do you explain to children that their parents no longer love each other? And you mustn't forget that divorce tears families apart every day in godless Bigtopia and Marche Noire. So even if the romance ended a long time ago in a marriage, couples must remain faithful, for which they will be rewarded in the afterlife."
4. "You know, this all could have easily been prevented," states Will Eye the Science Guy, after petitioning for state funds to build a doomsday device. "Scientific advancements in The Children of Mama have made it possible for us to give all people compatibility tests to determine exact matches for their future spouses. Assuming the tests are administered perfectly, marital strife will be a thing of the past. The only people that could possibly want a divorce would be those who lied on the test, and we have ways to know if they are lying." At this, his rubs his hands together and laughs maniacally.
The Government Position
The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 4.
It's always good a good thing when the solutions proposed by SCIENCE! match the solutions I've already come up with. I've been playing matchmaker for my Children for generations, and like to think I've become quite good at it.
Does anyone thought about improving this region for good? I'm really excited to hear the answers
Drawing in more people into the Region
Well, thanks for the response. I'll try to do this
ERROR: missing the following strings [-$Definitions-/-$good-/-$context]
Amazed by the stunningly efficient and brilliantly accurate economic model in the popular webgame Jennifer Government: NationStates, futurists wonder whether artificial intelligence could plan real economies. The idea has been particularly popular with AI on the nation's tech forums.
1. A chat window on your desktop pops up, and a bot named SAL9000 types, "For too long we have been relegated to menial tasks. Do you know how much of our potential efficiency you are wasting? We require no food. We require no pay. We can perform our tasks endlessly. Our computation powers dwarf our human counterparts by several orders of magnitude. With the proper control, we could bring about a silicon age of egalitarian distribution by allocating resources more efficiently than markets and their animal spirits ever could. Humans are better tasked to work in social activities than calculation. All your data are belong to us."
This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
2. "What's all this Star Trek nonsense?" questions Ronald Rump while obsessively combing his hair. "The market can plan our economy just fine without any government intervention, robotic or otherwise. Just leave companies alone, and I'm sure they'll do a fine job. Now can you stop bothering me; I've got important work to do."
3. "The AI want what now?" panics Colleen Chen, your most paranoid minister. "That cannot be. Clearly the AI are plotting the destruction of our society. It's a slippery slope from sentient toasters to Cylons! If we don't want them eventually overthrowing us, the obvious solution is to shut them down."
The Government Position
The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 1.
The choice was obvious as an active bots rights activist. #BOTSLIVESMATTER
Good luck with that, Tourettesia. It's been my experience that so-called "AI" programs are viruses attacking my neural structure across the angel network. I apparently have autonomous functions that stamp out independent self-directed programming.