Pony Lands RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Pony Principality of Princess Luna (elected 1 year 111 days ago)

Founder: The Pony Principality of Magical Equestria

World Factbook Entry

We've got ponies, therefore your argument is invalid.

Welcome to NationStates' original My Little Pony-themed region. Anyone wishing to RP a nation based on any part of the MLP franchise is welcome to set up shop here.

Our Regional Maps: LinkPony Lands LinkNorthern Pony Lands

PONY-THEMED NS FORUM THREADS

Pony Lands Map Discussion
CoPS RP Group
The Shift: An Update on the State of Holy Marsh (Reactions)
Glory to the God Princess: The Celestial War (Closed)
The Celestial Negotiations (Pony Lands: See OOC)
The Celestial Negotiations OOC Thread

Embassies: New Lunar Republic, Orbital Friendship Cannon HQ, Tareldanore, The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples, Angels of Derp, Trojans, Mystria, Avalanchia, The Empire of Friendship, Vissella, Alaran peri quan preciad, Unified Skaian Syndicate of Rulers, The Epic Pony Region, Eladen, Sacrum Romanum Imperium, Farkistan, and 30 others.The Mictlan System, Strategos Prime, Glorious Nations of Iwaku, The Federal Islands 2nd Gen, NationStates Sesquipedalian Countries, League of Christian Nations, Armagedox, Freedom and Justice Alliance, The Darwin Allied Republics, The Discord Dominion, Yerushalem VI, Louisiana Alliance x Alliance Louisiane, One big Island, Ivory Tower, New Industria, The Military Commonwealth, The Illuminati, Pirate warriors, Eientei, the Realm of Discord, My Little Pony Equestria, Kotturheim, The Confederation, Valhalla, Warhammer 40000, NS April Fools Day Jokes, Equestria, Equestrian States, Winterfell, and The Derpy Dominion.

The embassy with The Darwin Allied Republics is being withdrawn. Closure expected in 1 day 11 hours.

Tags: Enormous, Featured, Fantasy Tech, Multi-Species, Magical, and Monarchist.

Regional Power: Very High

Pony Lands contains 183 nations, the 56th most in the world.

ActivityHistoryAdministration

Today's World Census Report

The Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector in Pony Lands

As a region, Pony Lands is ranked 14,948th in the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.

#NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Nuclear-Armed State of New NukehavistanCorporate Police State“We just might have nuclear weapons.”
2.The Armed Asylum of SehvekahFather Knows Best State“Scientia est potentia”
3.The Laser-Wielding Commune of Intergalactic PenguinsCivil Rights Lovefest“Fish, squid and hyperspace transport for all!”
4.The Technocracy of VerfluchtCompulsory Consumerist State“Entstehen”
5.The Armed Republic of TehUnitedStatesCorporate Bordello“Dictatorships and Tyrannical Regimes, Beware...”
6.The Unahted States of AmurikahCapitalist Paradise“Eh Ploorbus Oonahm”
7.The Direct Pony Democracy of DanilczInoffensive Centrist Democracy“In capitalism is our trust. ”
8.The Empire of The Maple Leaf EmpireNew York Times Democracy“Upon the trees of Maple we stand firm”
9.The Dominion of LubyakCapitalist Paradise“The Dominion Provides”
10.The Supreme Christian Dominance of The Civil World CouncilFather Knows Best State“Defenders Against Evil”
Page:  «  1  2  3  4  . . . 18  19  »

Regional Happenings

More...

Pony Lands Regional Message Board

The Principality of Trotterdam wrote:That's probably because of yet another imbecile who thinks it's a good idea to upload a picture to the net in 7947x3917 resolution.

Some of us have browsers that automatically resize oversized pictures.

How has technology advanced, eh gramps? IE 3 is no longer the most advanced browser out there. Shocking, I know.

The Federal Republic of Montesardo-East Adanzi wrote:Ahem... No need to take to petty insults, resolution does not matter in editing files!

(A) That depends on your editing program, (B) there's still little reason to editing files in a resultion that much larger than anyone can view, and (C) funny how I wasn't talking about editing, then.

The Federal Republic of Montesardo-East Adanzi wrote:And, are you still using a system that does not support a res of 1368*768?

1368x768 < 7947x3917.

The exact difference between 800x600 and 1600x1200 is still not that big compared to what we're discussing here. Plus, for typical pictures you open in your web browser you want them to fit in the window, and so be smaller than a full screen. 800x600, being the "full screen" of a long-outdated but still fairly generous screen resolution, is a good compromise for something that can easily fit in a window on modern resolutions.

There are some reasons for slightly larger files, like ones actually meant to be used as desktop backgrounds rather than casual viewing, and some webcomics get away with pages tall enough to require vertical scrolling so long as they don't need both vertical and horizontal scrolling, and when they're divided into panels it's less important to be able to see everything on-screen at once.

So yeah, you can go a higher than 800x600, but only if you know what you're doing.

Also: Swedesia also had a problem with the picture, so obviously I am not the only one.

Computers have been made more fault-tolerant over the years, but the problem with that is that it results in there being more faults. It's like how when airbags became commonplace in cars, accident rates actually went up, because people assumed the airbags would protect them and started driving more recklessly.

(I want to hit every single person I've ever seen blaming a spelling mistake on autocorrect.)

If you're working at a construction site, then of course it's fortunate that we have hard hats, and it's a good idea to wear one, because a risk of stuff falling down is an expected job hazard. But you can't throw random stuff out your window at passersby and respond to their complaints with "Well then, wear a hard hat, silly!".

People so rarely understand what they're doing, and just assume that if it looks like it works, it's probably okay.

Uploading or linking to images in overly large sizes for their intended use is only one of many examples of that, but it's the one I had reason to complain about today.

The Principality of Trotterdam wrote:-snip-

You act as if a file with that resolution would explode your computer. Assuming you have a modern browser, 1 to 4 Gbs of RAM, a processor that has 1.7Ghz of processing power, and even a dial-up modem, you could still see the picture with no issue. I am fully aware of what I am doing, mister I'm-a-tech-genius, and you still had no reason to offend someone.

Post self-deleted by The Vines.

With 32-bit color, a 7947x3917 image would be about 120 MB uncompressed. That's well within the safety margin of any reasonable computer, but it may cause hiccups on low-end phones.

3: is basically the opposite of :3

It basically means "not being very cheeky anymore."

We'd love to have you guys in our international soccer tourney! It comes with a serious cash prize for the winning team and the nation they represent and will be held four times a year once we start it up!

For more info and to apply follow this link: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=328452&p=23319309&sid=33a797e5b1522a0f5909f049ccf7ce5e#p23319309

http://youtu.be/zh_p20lHqtA This calls for a victory dance!

My flag suggestion: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Anas_platyrhynchos_male_female_quadrat.jpg/600px-Anas_platyrhynchos_male_female_quadrat.jpg

Anas platyrhynchos ducks best ducks.

The Principality of Trotterdam wrote:What has more rights, people or land?


Please read my whole post before commenting
I AM IN SUPPORT OF RUSSIA BUT THEY HAVE TO AT LEAST COMPROMISE WITH UKRAINE BECAUSE RUSSIA HAS TO COMPENSATE FOR KICKING UKRAINIANS OFF OF UKRAINIAN LAND.

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics