WA Delegate (non-executive): The Imperial Nation of Haldasia (elected )
Founder: The Gran Marca Espanola of Catalpha
Embassies: North Africa, India, Scandinavia, France, Romania, European Union, Israel, Lower Canada, United States of America, Australia, European Free Alliance, Lapland, Latinoamerica, The Spanish Republic, China, Arab League, and 3 others.Turkic Union, Forza Italia, and Stark.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Most Authoritarian in Occitania
World Census staff loitered innocuously in various public areas and recorded the length of time that passed before they were approached by dark-suited officials.
As a region, Occitania is ranked 12,010th in the world for Most Authoritarian.
|1.||The Imperial Union of The Royal Germanic Confederation||Father Knows Best State||“Gott mit uns”|
|2.||The Kingdom of Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon||Democratic Socialists||“Seule la France!”|
|3.||The Grand Duchy of Girona||Democratic Socialists||“Lealtad y valor”|
|4.||The Constitutional Monarchy of Lakatia Exclave of Occitania||Democratic Socialists||“Unity and Freedom”|
|5.||The Principality of Saone-Et-Loire||Democratic Socialists||“Boutez en avant”|
|6.||The Principality of Saarland and The East Frisian Islands||Democratic Socialists||“Göttlichkeit, Brüderlichkeit und Nächstenliebe ”|
|7.||The Grand Duchy of East Prussia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Das Heimatland”|
|8.||The Principality of Ostlich Koniggratz||Democratic Socialists||“Mut und Ehre”|
|9.||The Royal Republic of The Sultanate of the Gaza Strip||Democratic Socialists||“Homeland”|
|10.||The Emirate of Le Canal de Suez||Democratic Socialists||“Vérité sans peur”|
- : The Grand Duchy of Northern Gothica arrived from Lazarus.
- : The Grand Duchy of Northern Gothica ceased to exist.
- : The Grand Duchy of Girona arrived from Lazarus.
- : The Grand Duchy of Girona ceased to exist.
- : Embassy established between Occitania and Stark.
- : The Principality of Porto Maurizio arrived from Lazarus.
- : The Constitutional Monarchy of Lakatia Exclave of Occitania arrived from Syria.
- : The Democratic Republic of Old HampshireVille of the region Orthanc at Isengard proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Republic of Lazio- of the region Repubblica Italiana proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Principality of Porto Maurizio ceased to exist.
Occitania Regional Message Board
If you have no royal family, how are you a constitutional monarchy? Do you have some kind of elective system swapping out monarchs of different dynasties?
To Lakatia: I don't think Occitania can support such a nation in our union.
This is an unbearable weight to carry. I don't see how we, as a region, can absorb such responsibility.
We recognize your royal leader as our own. Please accept our petition!
Do we have a regional leading monarch? Would that be Catalpha now?
We officially did away with Imperial Monarch. Occitania itself is no longer a royal region. Before Occitania makes any decision on this matter, I believe we need to jest more. Lakatia, why are you turning to Occitania for help? What happened to cause you to seek help in the first place?
To Haldasia and Hochsauerland: I think allocating refugees on a per capita system should prevent one nation from taking on too much of a burden. We should set up a lottery system to allocate refugees (immediate family members will not be separated; after that consideration will be given to extended family and friends).
And I thought we agreed to random border checks of vehicles, not all vehicles? We will check the passports/papers of all the people entering at the checkpoints of the nations listed below; in addition to that, we will conduct random searches of the entire vehicle. The cost and manpower required to check all vehicles passing through those checkpoints would become too expensive.
- 1 in 20 vehicles must be thoroughly checked at the border, based off of passport. These will occur at the border checkpoints of the following nations: Messini, Porto Maurizio, Narbonne Sur Le Mer, Aix-En-Provence, Comtes Unis de Hyeres, Catalpha, and Girona.
- Each nation takes a percentage of refugees based off of the nation's population percentage of Occitania. A lottery system will be set up to allocate refugees to Occitan nations. Immediate family members will not be separated, and after that consideration will be given to extended family and friends.
- An official temporary residency status, the "Occitan Residency Card", will be assigned to incoming refugees and can be issued by any member Occitan member nation. This status will last for one year. During this time, background and security checks of the status holder will be conducted. Once the status holder passes checks and the one year is over, they can become Occitan citizens. Criminal violations, excluding minor infractions such as parking and speeding violations, will impede the Occitan citizenship process. This citizenship process is separate from the citizenship process of member nations. Refugees are expected to follow the naturalization policies of the country they are residing in, and the temporary residency period will preclude that naturalization process.
- Each holder of the temporary residency status will receive the following: a stipend, healthcare, education (if they are under 18), and housing. The stipend shall be paid twice a month (on the 14th and 28th days of the month) and shall be scaled to the cost of living of the country the refugee is residing in. No stipend will be paid if the person has found found full-time employment.
- Temporary housing must be set up for refugees. How each member nation sets up temporary housing is up to them, but they should follow a minimum health and livability standard. In addition, help must be established so refugees can find employment and a permanent residence.
I agree with Hochsauerland that 100% of vehiceles be inspected at Messini's border, the only and first land and border point of entry in Occitania.
I would agree with that sentiment, but reality drives me to say that the manpower required for inspecting every vehicle would put the Occitan available manpower past its limit. I think that one in twenty is a good compromise between available manpower and safety concerns. However, I also desire to include all countries with major ports into Occitania, including Haldasia.
Aix-En-Provence is the Imperial Minister, the most powerful and highest ranking monarchy in Occitania, taking the place of the "Supreme Monarch".