WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Gran Marca Espanola of Catalpha
Embassies: North Africa, India, Scandinavia, France, Romania, European Union, Israel, Lower Canada, United States of America, Australia, Latinoamerica, The Spanish Republic, China, Arab League, Turkic Union, Forza Italia, and 1 other.Stark.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Longest Average Lifespans in Occitania
Nations ranked highly have lower rates of preventable death, with their citizens enjoying longer average lifespans.
As a region, Occitania is ranked 5,179th in the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
|1.||The Grand Duchy of Albensburg||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Efficient and Intelligent Perfection”|
|2.||The Kaiserliches Deutsches Reich of Schwabenreich||Left-wing Utopia||“Man muss das Eisen schmieden, solange es heiß ist.”|
|3.||The Gran Marca Espanola of Catalpha||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Paz, Justícia y Libertad”|
|4.||The Kongelige Kongeriget of Nordiskemark||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Fædrelandets kærlighed er min berømmelse”|
|5.||The Principality of Porto Maurizio||New York Times Democracy||“La pace, l'eternità, l'umiltà”|
|6.||The Grand Duchy of Aix-en-Provence||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Liberté, Equalité, Fraternité”|
|7.||The Grand Duchy of Hochsauerland||Left-wing Utopia||“Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit ”|
|8.||The Grand Duchy of Cote Vermeille||Capitalist Paradise||“Not unequal to many”|
|9.||The Viscountcy of Bearn||Moralistic Democracy||“Land of D'Artagnan”|
|10.||The Grand Duchy of Northern Gothica||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“För Sverige i tiden”|
- : Haldasia lost WA Delegate status.
- : Haldasia ceased to exist.
- : The Democratic Republic of Old HampshireVille of the region Orthanc at Isengard proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Most Serene Republic of Qareen arrived from Orthanc at Isengard.
- : The Most Serene Republic of RedFascist departed this region for India.
- : The Most Serene Republic of RedFascist arrived from European Union.
- : The Kingdom of The Westerly Coasts of Norway arrived from European Union.
- : Embassy cancelled between Lapland and Occitania.
- : Embassy cancelled between European free alliance and Occitania.
- : The Royal Republic of The Sultanate of the Gaza Strip arrived from Osiris.
Occitania Regional Message Board
To Haldasia and Hochsauerland: I think allocating refugees on a per capita system should prevent one nation from taking on too much of a burden. We should set up a lottery system to allocate refugees (immediate family members will not be separated; after that consideration will be given to extended family and friends).
And I thought we agreed to random border checks of vehicles, not all vehicles? We will check the passports/papers of all the people entering at the checkpoints of the nations listed below; in addition to that, we will conduct random searches of the entire vehicle. The cost and manpower required to check all vehicles passing through those checkpoints would become too expensive.
- 1 in 20 vehicles must be thoroughly checked at the border, based off of passport. These will occur at the border checkpoints of the following nations: Messini, Porto Maurizio, Narbonne Sur Le Mer, Aix-En-Provence, Comtes Unis de Hyeres, Catalpha, and Girona.
- Each nation takes a percentage of refugees based off of the nation's population percentage of Occitania. A lottery system will be set up to allocate refugees to Occitan nations. Immediate family members will not be separated, and after that consideration will be given to extended family and friends.
- An official temporary residency status, the "Occitan Residency Card", will be assigned to incoming refugees and can be issued by any member Occitan member nation. This status will last for one year. During this time, background and security checks of the status holder will be conducted. Once the status holder passes checks and the one year is over, they can become Occitan citizens. Criminal violations, excluding minor infractions such as parking and speeding violations, will impede the Occitan citizenship process. This citizenship process is separate from the citizenship process of member nations. Refugees are expected to follow the naturalization policies of the country they are residing in, and the temporary residency period will preclude that naturalization process.
- Each holder of the temporary residency status will receive the following: a stipend, healthcare, education (if they are under 18), and housing. The stipend shall be paid twice a month (on the 14th and 28th days of the month) and shall be scaled to the cost of living of the country the refugee is residing in. No stipend will be paid if the person has found found full-time employment.
- Temporary housing must be set up for refugees. How each member nation sets up temporary housing is up to them, but they should follow a minimum health and livability standard. In addition, help must be established so refugees can find employment and a permanent residence.
I agree with Hochsauerland that 100% of vehiceles be inspected at Messini's border, the only and first land and border point of entry in Occitania.
I would agree with that sentiment, but reality drives me to say that the manpower required for inspecting every vehicle would put the Occitan available manpower past its limit. I think that one in twenty is a good compromise between available manpower and safety concerns. However, I also desire to include all countries with major ports into Occitania, including Haldasia.
Aix-En-Provence is the Imperial Minister, the most powerful and highest ranking monarchy in Occitania, taking the place of the "Supreme Monarch".
Well it been 12 days so I may as well chime in. As Transport Minister, in regards to the border count and in recognition of the recent census, Schwabenreich receives 1,586.46 Tourists Per Hour. If any even minor proportion of that number arrive by vehicles, especially if we add regular people doing business across borders, to search 100% of their vehicles, would be an impossibility within Schwabenreich let alone within the greater region.
Occitania is super slow...I don't see a need for an Imperial Minister or the Imperial Matrix. Catalpha should run things and everyone should vote and the majority should rule.
The problem is no one seems interested, and agree with you Aix, the Matrix should be dissolved, and every member should vote. The ones that don't have 30 days or face ejection.
Sorry to say this but Lakatia, is just biggest drain to our economy. We can no longer support the influx of refugees. Lakatia MUST go.
AGREED. Occitania is not what it used to be and become a inactive place. Maybe, the UK is right, maybe an EXIT is the way to go.
An EXIT of our own may or may not be the answer but it is a wake up call.