WA Delegate (non-executive): The Empire of Flixerine (elected 1 year 74 days ago)
Today's World Census Report
The Greatest Rich-Poor Divides in Markarth
Nations ranked highly have large gaps between the incomes of rich and poor citizens. Nations low on the list have high levels of income equality.
As a region, Markarth is ranked 11,272nd in the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
|1.||The Republican Monarchy of Nansurium||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Semper Excelsius”|
|2.||The Empire of Flixerine||Anarchy||“In cookies we trust!”|
|3.||The Archemperor of The Understone Keep||Father Knows Best State||“Out of the ashes, we rise.”|
|4.||The Queendom of Lady Ray Caedus Turn||Mother Knows Best State||“Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!”|
|5.||The Golden Astec Eldorado of MyveryricHours||Iron Fist Consumerists||“The Black Prince will fall”|
|6.||The Empire of Lion den||Father Knows Best State||“our aim victory we shall never surrender”|
|7.||The Sivanian Representative of Sivanian Markarth||Democratic Socialists||“תחי הימפיריה”|
|8.||The Markarthian Legacy of Tertia||Democratic Socialists||“Selamat pagi”|
|9.||The Awesome Republic of Irate Canada||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“We'll play nice.”|
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Cancun ceased to exist.
- 19 days ago: The Republican Monarchy of Nansurium arrived from Osiris.
- 30 days ago: The Nordic-Germanic Kingdom of The Deutsch Reich of the region The Kingdom of Wurttemberg proposed constructing embassies.
- 35 days ago: The Feudal States of Vyereginth ceased to exist.
- 39 days ago: The Protectorate of HandH 45 of the region Land of Israel withdrew an invitation to construct embassies.
- 40 days ago: The Awesome Republic of Irate Canada arrived from Osiris.
- 41 days ago: The Rogue Nation of The Crossed Swords of the region Union of Armed Nations proposed constructing embassies.
- 41 days ago: The First Sith Order of Voljundok of the region The Draco Omicron Galaxy proposed constructing embassies.
- 43 days ago: The Kingdom of Greater Alinor of the region The Aldmeri Dominion withdrew an invitation to construct embassies.
- 44 days ago: The Dominion of Asqelon of the region Land of Israel proposed constructing embassies.
Markarth Regional Message Board
why so surprised?
Says the nation I haven't seen for nearly a year.
In all seriousness, welcome back Nan. Always a pleasure to have you here with us.
Thanks, glad to be back in Markarth. So, how are things?
Dead, but hopefully someone can resurrect this region to its former glory!
Oooh this issue hurts
It's A Bird! It's A Plane! No, It's... Oh, It Was A Plane
A military courier, Alexei Hendrikson, rushes into your office in a panic, "Autarch Gregor Hakha, there's been a terrible tragedy! We mistook a civilian aircraft for an attack bomber and launched an anti-aircraft missile at it. There are no survivors. What should we do?"
"Blame the Bigtopians!" shouts Lara Cruz, your most jingoistic advisor. "No one can really prove it was us. Pin it on our foes and prove to the world how monstrous they are. It's the perfect excuse to double-down on our military investments. How else can we possibly defend ourselves against such amoral villains?"
"What did you expect to happen?" says Barack Parke, leader of Lion denians Against Arms. "You can hardly walk down the street without seeing a soldier on their front-porch polishing a surface-to-air missile. With all of these weapons in the government's hands, of course accidents are going to happen. The only way to prevent an awful war is to openly admit our mistake and massively cut back on the number of weapons in circulation. That will keep this tragedy from ever happening again."
"How do we even know it was a civilian aircraft?" insinuates Chief Spy L------. "We could just quietly let the word out that it was actually a secret military aircraft sent in by the Bigtopians to spy on us, and no one could blame us for shooting it down. Clearly the numerous schoolchildren and nuns were just clever disguises meant to fool us."
"Deny, deny, deny," explains Thomas Barry, Deputy Minister of Information. "We didn't shoot down a plane because there was no plane. There are no corpses because no one was on the plane - which didn't exist anyway. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly just slandering the Glorious Empire of Lion den."
The Government Position
The government has yet to formalize a position on this issue.
These issues are quite entertaining now, aren't they Lion Den?
anyone intrested there's a coup ongoing in lazarus,,
yeah they are but this issue i believe is based on mh17 so that stings a bit
Time to go to war with Brasilista. May the country be damned, it's government expelled, and it be installed as a new peaceful and productive colony. Or something.
thats what i did as well of course i bombed and assassinated the military leadership first before i colonized it.