WA Delegate: The Beautiful Republic of Arumdaum (elected 43 days ago)
Founder: The Commonwealth of Yasashii
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Most Politically Apathetic Citizens in Lucerna
These results were determined by seeing how many citizens of each nation answered a recent World Census survey on the local political situation by ticking the "Don't Give a Damn" box.
As a region, Lucerna is ranked 7,399th in the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
|1.||The Beautiful Republic of Arumdaum||Left-wing Utopia||“人生はどう？”|
|2.||The Kingdom of Augmark||Anarchy||“An Mo Dždean, Dia Mo Džonaic”|
|3.||The Radiant Kingdom of Shegu||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Go forth, and embrace the light”|
|4.||The United Socialist Republics of Krasnorus||Democratic Socialists||“Workers of Lucerna, Unite!”|
|5.||The Land of Caolun||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Lest we fall, the rise will come”|
|6.||The Grand Duchy of Ausiline||Father Knows Best State||“We are exiles no more.”|
|7.||The Republic of Scisely||New York Times Democracy||“He who hath found upon the seas”|
|8.||The Empire of Yirahiju||Compulsory Consumerist State||“Our glory equals the sun and the moon.”|
|9.||The Elegant Victorian Resort of Bangaleese||Father Knows Best State||“Distenksyon se obligatwa”|
|10.||The Federal Republic of Kyzylistan||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Bountiful and Free”|
- 22 hours ago: The Shinji Ikari State of Sorgan ceased to exist.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: The Republic of Esperantigxiujo arrived from Lazarus.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: The Radiant Kingdom of Shegu arrived from The Commonwealth of Crowns.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: The Theocracy of Inderressa arrived from Lazarus.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Embassy cancelled between Vallend and Lucerna.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: The Radiant Kingdom of Shegu departed this region for The Commonwealth of Crowns.
- 4 days ago: The Republic of Beaumont Islands arrived from Valeria.
- 4 days ago: The Grand Duchy of Bastilla arrived from Inceptum.
- 5 days ago: The Beautiful Republic of Arumdaum removed The Republic of Someone Special 268 from the regional ban list.
- 5 days ago: The Beautiful Republic of Arumdaum banned The Republic of Someone Special 268 from the region.
Lucerna Regional Message Board
@Klowr Jeez, and I thought Hong Kong was bad when it came to treating migrant workers. Speaking of Hong Kong, I was laying a wreath on behalf of my Scout troop at a war memorial just yesterday. The first Sunday of December is when Remembrance Day is held here in HK because it's much more significant with the reason being that it commemorates the beginning of the Japanese invasion of the city when it was still British like Singapore. And speaking of Remembrance, do we have an "Armistice Day" sort of thing that happens after the Great War?
@Arum Ah, a Robinson projection. I guess that works, so why not. Only problem I see is with 14, problem being that if you create a second North American continent, there could be problems - there's plenty of "East Coast of America Breaks Off and Becomes New Continent" alternate histories, and there are a lot of weird results as a consequence of the butterfly effect - humans never really reach it until much later, for one, and ethnic cleansing of natives is much easier. Something like Turtledove's Atlantis series. So be careful.
P.S: If you don't know who Harry Turtledove is, he's the guy who brought you numerous ASB alternate history novel series including the Worldwar and Colonization series (aliens invading Earth during WWII), In the Presence of Mine Enemies (Nazi Germany wins the War), Days of Infamy (Japan invades Hawaii after Pearl Harbor), the ongoing War that Came Early series (Allies declare war on Germany after they invade Czechoslovakia) and the renowned Southern Victory/TL-191 series - a Confederate victory in the American Civil War after a minor oversight by Union scouts.
I don't if we have any Armistice Day kind of thing, but we probably would have something like it.
It's not actually a Robinson projection, as the Robinson projection is a projection of Earth only, and not a term for maps like those, haha... It's not a second North American continent either, as if we created a second American continent we could nicely have a North and South America.
There's an alternate history like that? Either way, that's not very relevant, as we're not using a map of Earth... It'd be relatively close to Amesu, close enough to allow for either a land bridge or migration by sea. We could actually have continuous contact between the Lucerna Americas and Amesu and/or the rest of the world from early on. We could also have it so that horses and camels were present in the Lucerna Americas like the RL Americas, but never went extinct in this. Polynesians would also probably have brought pigs early on to Lucerna Americas in this.
Early contact could result in population decimation for everybody, like what happened when diseases spread and ravaged China and Rome!
What would be everyone's thoughts on a map like this?
Here's a list of some changes:
1. Rather than being 10 x 10 kilometers, it becomes 9 x 9.
2. Lucerna's surface area shrinks slightly from 514 million square kilometers to 509 million square kilometers. Earth's surface area is roughly 510 million square kilometers.
3. Everyone's area is reduced by 19%. If you'd like a calculation of your new area and a RL comparison, just ask me. People usually underestimate their size on the map, or sometimes don't even know their area, so I don't think this should be much of a problem. If you do have problems, talk to me.
4. The percentage of Lucerna covered by water increases from 68%~ to 75.6%.
5. It is not so awkward for nations in Corum to call Arumdaum "eastern."
6. Lucerna Africa and Lucerna Americas aren't so close to each other anymore.
7. The big continent has been moved northwards a bit so we don't have so many jungles in Corum or Lucerna Middle East.
8. A land bridge having previously connected the big continent and Amesu for a long time is now more viable as the distance between them drops from ~580 km to ~189 km.
9. There's equal representation, and we don't have problems with northern or southern areas being larger than they actually are, or places closer to the equator being shown as smaller than they actually are.
10. We have less useless empty space in the Arctic and Antarctic.
11. Large claims, which people usually make, have become 23% more tolerable.
12. We have more space for small/medium clusters of islands for Austronesian/Oceanic nations.
13. It helps to show that Lucerna is a spherical planet.
14. We could create a separate North-American like continent, so we won't have completely unrelated cultures like the Mapuche and the Iroquois being in the same areas.
hm that looks good! hey could you move my country south-er. Like maybe till it's close enough to maybe build a canal?
Isn't the American armistice day 'memorial day'? I could be wrong.
But like, I went down to the scene yesterday. Completely cleaned away. That's what I call efficiency. It didn't even look like a riot had happened at all. Still feels so surreal, all my life I've never ever heard or been near a riot, it's just this term used to describe things so far away. Since Singapore is still calm little spot. It's a real wakeup call -not just for me, but for the entire nation.
Sorry my English is asleep today. I'm quite stressed out right now, conference to chair for the next week haha. See you guys in a week!
How far down would you like it? Your current southernmost point is at the 45th parallel, and the northernmost part is at the 65th/66th parallel.
In America it's Veterans Day, haha. Memorial Day is... somewhere in spring, I think.
That's crazy though. o.o The closest thing I've seen to a riot was a large protest, but the people there were like smiling and everything I think.
Ack, I feel bad for mentioning this just now, but a big chunk of it was done by Kelewan.
But ooh, good luck! :>
^ Radical altering of Corum and Lucerna Middle East to create more coast. Thoughts?