Libertarian RMB

WA Delegate: The Confederation of Paul Marks (elected )

Founder: Whipjangle

BoardActivity History Admin Rank

Lowest Overall Tax Burden: 321st Rudest Citizens: 593rd Largest Pizza Delivery Sector: 708th+16
Largest Soda Pop Sector: 819th Highest Crime Rates: 932nd Nudest: 1,042nd Fattest Citizens: 1,075th Highest Economic Output: 1,145th Most Armed: 1,169th Highest Workforce Participation Rate: 1,183rd Most Rebellious Youth: 1,195th Largest Retail Industry: 1,265th Most World Assembly Endorsements: 1,328th Most Nations: 1,331st Highest Wealthy Incomes: 1,378th Largest Gambling Industry: 1,455th Largest Trout Fishing Sector: 1,549th Largest Populations: 1,733rd Greatest Rich-Poor Divides: 1,815th
World Factbook Entry

Visit a region where you can gain the benefit of a small group of like minded players, but with no other restrictions, where your rights end at the tip of the other guy's nose and where smaller government is better government, and no government may be best of all.


Embassies: Union of Socialist Soviet Republics, USSF, The Red Fleet, Benevolent Capitalism, Libertarian Capitalist Zone 716, The Mystical Council, Peoples Federation of Qandaristan, Dill Country, The Jedi Council, and ACA.

Tags: Small, Social, Casual, Featured, Password, Conservative, Liberal, Libertarian, Founderless, and Serious.

Libertarian contains 10 nations, the 1,331st most in the world.

Password required

Today's World Census Report

The Highest Poor Incomes in libertarian

The World Census studied the spending power of the poorest 10% of citizens in each nation.

As a region, libertarian is ranked 8,727th in the world for Highest Poor Incomes.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Sozialistisch Republik of KinofopiaLeft-wing Utopia“Gott mit uns.”
2.The Confederation of Paul MarksAnarchy“Do not tread on me.”
3.The Dominion of IlimanaqDemocratic Socialists“Whiskey Tango Foxtrot”
4.The Council of FJK RantsCivil Rights Lovefest“Use the Force, Trust your instincts”
5.The Confederacy of NaafInoffensive Centrist Democracy“So we evolve”
6.The Incorporated States of Ron Pauls ToupeeInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Economic freedom”
7.The OBNOXIOUS BARKING DOG of Libertarian ChaosAnarchy“Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market”
8.The Freedom of NellyCorporate Bordello“Strength is beauty”
9.The Allied States of July 1stCapitalist Paradise“Hands Off.”
10.The Holy Smokers of Ron PaultopiaCapitalizt“Give Me Liberty, or a Bran Muffin”

Regional Happenings

More...

Libertarian Regional Message Board

Mrs May and yet more "social justice" in Britain.

Wild monetary policy and deficit government spending in Japan.

And a "choice" (which is no real choice) between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the United States.

If there is any hope in the world I can not see it.

what i see is that since the gfc, there has been a massive increase in money supply and debt and house prices/asset price inflation. this seems inherently foolish and bad policy. yet no one says anything. i should do some more research to find the percentages. where i live, house asset inflation is 55% from may 2011 to may 2015. debt would have gone up a similar level. this scream alarms in my thinking, but maybe it is just growth.

July 1st

The Council of FJK Rants wrote:what i see is that since the gfc, there has been a massive increase in money supply and debt and house prices/asset price inflation. this seems inherently foolish and bad policy. yet no one says anything. i should do some more research to find the percentages. where i live, house asset inflation is 55% from may 2011 to may 2015. debt would have gone up a similar level. this scream alarms in my thinking, but maybe it is just growth.


The powers that be fear that if they stop pumping out credit the system will bust.

Sadly they are correct - but it will but anyway.

As you know - I thought it would collapse years ago.

The establishment have delayed that bust with their Credit Bubble policy - kept up asset prices (real estate, shares and so on).

But they have also made the bust worse.

got to say, i am concerned at the rise of debt int he world, especially compared to the gdp growth.
to me, the hard core extreme of 100% reserve ratio is now actually a desirable policy, although needs to be stepped towards, rather than done big bang.

July 1st

It is too late to prevent a bust now (it was too late years ago) - the point now is how governments react to the bust.

I think that BOTH Mrs Clinton and Mr Trump would react to a bust the same way that Herbert "The Forgotten Progressive" Hoover did - more (not less) government spending and more (not less) government interventionism

Both Mrs Clinton and Mr Trump would turn the crash into a second Great Depression.

Trouble at the Ford Motor Company - yet another sign of the decline of American manufacturing industry, but both Mrs Clinton and Mr Trump see government as the solution. Actually Big Government interventionism is the problem.

perhaps, but my view is the next crash is the next depression. interest rates can not lower. govt spending across the world is already mostly in deficit. it kind of is irrelevant who the president is.
why do you comment on ford? a quick news google search says they made 2 billion in Q2 2016.

Paul Marks

The Council of FJK Rants wrote:perhaps, but my view is the next crash is the next depression. interest rates can not lower. govt spending across the world is already mostly in deficit. it kind of is irrelevant who the president is.
why do you comment on ford? a quick news google search says they made 2 billion in Q2 2016.


I agree that the next crash will lead to a Great Depression - although some towns and cities in the United States are already in a terrible state (which explains the Trump thing).

I mentioned Ford not because it is badly run (it is not) - but because there were stories at the time I wrote that its sales were hitting severe problems.

Although, yes, it is not "demand" that is the problem - it is the basic Capital Structure of the economy that is hopelessly twisted and distorted.

I hear ya.
I do have hope though.
The easiest way to increase demand is remove income from the rich, and give it to the poor.
This would increase consumption a great deal.
Got to ask, why are the low income bands taxed? Seems evil.
also, why is wealth not taxed? i am thinking house property. seems a big source of tax on a consumption item. perhaps a better way to move investment to better asset.

The Council of FJK Rants wrote:I hear ya.
I do have hope though.
The easiest way to increase demand is remove income from the rich, and give it to the poor.
This would increase consumption a great deal.
Got to ask, why are the low income bands taxed? Seems evil.
also, why is wealth not taxed? i am thinking house property. seems a big source of tax on a consumption item. perhaps a better way to move investment to better asset.


I do not agree with government action to "increase consumption" - I do not believe that Keynes refuted Say's Law, I think (along with the late Henry Haziitt and W.H. Hutt) that Keynes misstated Say's Law and then "refuted" his own misstatement.

As for Wealth Taxes - they have been tried and create a total mess.

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics