WA Delegate: The Free Land of Caskadea (elected 27 days ago)
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Insurance Industry in libertarian
As a region, libertarian is ranked 37th in the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
|1.||The Confederation of Paul Marks||Capitalizt||“Do not tread on me.”|
|2.||The Amerikanisches Reich of ThinkPads||Anarchy||“Rebellis ut tyrannus est obsequium ut Deus”|
|3.||The Republic of Totoso_Mussolini||Corporate Police State||“O Poder é meu”|
|4.||The Empire of Snifkowoland||Benevolent Dictatorship||“You Will Respect My Authoritah!”|
|5.||The Matriarchy of New Chelel||Capitalizt||“In Sharess We Trust”|
|6.||The Constitutional Republic of Alternate Universe 912||Anarchy||“From many, one more”|
|7.||The OBNOXIOUS BARKING DOG of Libertarian Chaos||Anarchy||“Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market”|
|8.||The Kingdom of Aggmar||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Orbis non sufficit”|
|9.||The Armed Republic of Notonthemapistan||Left-Leaning College State||“Democracy= 51 beats 49 that's why own a .45”|
|10.||The Confederacy of Libertarian Philippines||Anarchy||“Kalayaan, Kaunlaran, Kapayapaan!”|
- 2 days 18 hours ago: The Holy Roman Social Freeland of Auxorii departed this region for Holy Rome.
- 5 days ago: The Holy Roman Social Freeland of Auxorii arrived from Holy Rome.
- 11 days ago: The Kingdom of United Pacifica arrived from The Rejected Realms.
- 12 days ago: The Free Land of A Libertarian ceased to exist.
- 16 days ago: The Jingoistic States of The Eat Sleep Shoppe arrived from Fenoscandia.
- 18 days ago: The Queendom of Rukelaniicp ceased to exist.
- 19 days ago: Embassy cancelled between The Black Riders and Libertarian.
- 22 days ago: The Free Land of Anonymrade arrived from Fort Triumph.
- 23 days ago: The Kingdom of United Pacifica departed this region for The Rejected Realms.
- 23 days ago: The Free Land of Caskadea ejected The Kingdom of United Pacifica from the region.
Libertarian Regional Message Board
Welcome I've never chatted with an An-Syn but I have talked to An-Coms & alot of them are dicks.
Anarcho-Capitalism is an oxymoron and they can't stand when they're wrong. I'm a nice guy haha
How is it an oxymoron?
He is saying traditionally anarchism has been anti capitalist but there definition of capitalism resembles crony capitalism/Corporatism. Many subscribe to what is called the Freed Market except for An-Coms but that is essentially what An-Caps support.
Anarchism rejects all hierarchy.
Capitalism creates social hierarchy.
Does it mean that under anarchism there would be no competitive sports? After all, someone who wins first place is higher in sports hierarchy. In fact, because he won first place, he would be so respected, that he would be of high social hierarchy (gets more chicks, etc.) than someone who spends his entire day arguing on internet and eating bacon.
Anarchism is about rejecting state coercion. If there is no coercion involved, and actions are mutually agreeable to all parties involved, why should it be a problem from anarchist perspective?
If I trade a pen for an apple, and person I trade with agrees to exchange voluntarily, why should anarchist have any problem with that?
Spot on Snifkowoland, as far as I understand they claim that the people are wage slaves hence they are coerced into working for bad wages. So capitalism perpetuates wage slavery, hence why they seek to abolish capitalism.
Anarchism is a political philosophy that advocates stateless societies often defined as self-governed voluntary institutions, but that several authors have defined as more specific institutions based on non-hierarchical free associations.
I'm familiar with the concept of a society based on non-hierarchical free associations, but there are some things I don't understand, such as:
1) How would one determine what is and isn't a hierarchical relationship? In some cases it will be obvious common sense, but in other cases it might not be. How would the dispute be resolved?
2) If some people want to form voluntary hierarchical relationships, what happens? Obviously people could choose to shun them, but what if the dissenters decide to form their own communities interspersed with anti-hierarchy communities?
Syndicalism was dealt with by Ludwig Von Mises (almost as an aside) in his work "Socialism" and by Murray Rothbard in "Man, Economy and State" (yes I do not always disagree with Rothbard).
As for the word "capitalism" it means the private ownership of large scale "means of production" (land, factories and so on). For example as Josiah Wedgewood built up a big business in the 1700s or Jon Huntsman (senior) did in our own day.
A "community" that attacks large scale property on the grounds that having lots of employees is "wrong" may call itself "anarchist not socialist" and follow a Black Flag rather than a Red Flag - but it is still collectivist.