WA Delegate (non-executive): The Constitutional Republic of Union of Christian States (elected )
Embassies: Right to Life, The Unified Christians Alliance, Soli Deo gloria, Minecraftia, Christian, The Ascendancy, Israel, Romania, Apartheid South Africa, Vatican II, India, France, Saint Margaret Mary, World Alliance, Central Eastern Europe, Asiana, and 62 others.Sunalaya, Freedom and Justice Alliance, Christianity, Pokemon World, Hellenic Civilization, North Africa, Laissez Faireholm, Eastern Roman Empire, Constantinople, Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region, Death Star, Groland, United Empire of Islam, The Nation of Nations and Friends, Pony Lands, The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples, The alliance of homework, Holy Rome, Bracara et Caralis, The conservative christians, International Commonwealth Of Nations, The Royal Imperial Directorate, Desert Islands, Pro Life International, Latinoamerica, Iura Pecunia et libertas, The Christian Republic, The Virtual Roman Catholic Church, PuppetStates, United Governments of NationStates, Southeastern Wisconsin, Free State of Wisconsin, the three kings, New Vatican, Avadam Inn, Coalition of Catholic States, South Pacific, The Commonwealth of Crowns, Turkic Union, Vatican, Anoir, The Popular Mobilization Forces, Nelborne Union, Green Nation, Christadelphia, Empire of Andrew, United Right, Alliance of Catholic Nations, Parliamentary Union of Sovereign Nations, The Federal Galactic Conglomerate, The United Coalition of Nation States, The Faithful Union, The Great NS Expedition Headquarters, United Imperial Union, Union of Chirstian States, World Space Administration, Time for Britain 2 Leave the EU, POLATION, Holy Internet Empire, Future Earth, Conservative League, and Nexon.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Most Ignorant Citizens in League of Christian Nations
The World Census studied which nations seemed to have the greatest numbers of citizens that fell into the categories "ignorant," "oblivious," or "just plain dumb."
As a region, League of Christian Nations is ranked 9,733rd in the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
|1.||The Jingoistic Trinity of Christian State of the Philippines||Iron Fist Consumerists||“In nomini Patri, et Filli, et Spiritu Sancti”|
|2.||The Confederacy of Kringdom||Iron Fist Consumerists||“God Vindicates!”|
|3.||The Fascist Theocracy of Altius||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus”|
|4.||The United Imperial Republic of Vos Istra||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Sola Fida, Sola Scriptura”|
|5.||The Holy Zombie Empire of Ecnelis||Psychotic Dictatorship||“Fructus Iouis iuuabit.”|
|6.||The Empire of Cammusa||Iron Fist Consumerists||“If God be with us who can stand against us”|
|7.||The Kingdom of New Tamid||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“I'd pluck out my own eye before I'd pluck out yours.”|
|8.||The Republic of Brusia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Victoria per Dominum nostrum Iesum Christum”|
|9.||The Constitutional Monarchy of Devrostok||Democratic Socialists||“Deus et spes.”|
|10.||The Federation of The United Pacific Territories||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Peace through nature; peace through democracy.”|
- : Tanga ceased to exist.
- : The Kingdom of Soilna departed this region for The British Empire.
- : The Kingdom of Soilna arrived from The British Empire.
- : New nationstates ceased to exist.
- : Luvalu ceased to exist.
- : Kandonia ceased to exist.
- : The Community of Christadelphians of the region Christadelphia cancelled the closure of its embassy in League of Christian Nations.
- : The Retired Zealasian Puppet of Lincale of the region Christadelphia ordered the closure of its embassy in League of Christian Nations.
- : The Federal Republic of Lochebridge departed this region for The Pacific.
- : The Republic of Huguenoxe departed this region for The conservative christians.
League of Christian Nations Regional Message Board
That is the intent of the regional government. We were seeking feedback before submitting a poll. One will likely go up this weekend
*MAJOR NEWS OUT OF VOS ISTRA!*
The Aero Chronicle
"A Vote for the Establishment of a Chancellorship Expected Today"
Aero, Vos Istra
Jay Allen, AC
On Capital Hill today, after intense weeks of debate, a vote for the creation of a Chancellor is expected. While it appears that a vast majority of Representatives will vote in favor of the measure there are those who do not wish to see the measure pass. One member of the Conservative Christians Party had this to say,
- "We already spend enough tax payer money on elections for Assembly members, we don't need a nation-wade election that will just waste more money. Besides the bill does not go far enough, much of the power will still remain in the hands of the King."
The vast majority of his party disagrees with him however. A fellow party member had this to say,
- "Money is not an issue, we spend very little as it is. We can afford this expense if it means give more power to the people over their government."
Even members of opposition parties are expected to vote "yea" with the ruling party. One member of the Liberal Christians Party said this,
- "It is true that I have never voted "yea" on a single bill proposed by the King or the Conservatives, but that will change today."
The loudest opposition to this bill has come from the Royalist Party from both the House and the Senate. The Party's official statement was released yesterday,
- "The Royalist Party is strictly opposed to this legislation. We believe that it takes to much power way from our beloved King and gives it to an underling. We are disappointed and dismayed that his Highness would voluntarily give away a portion of his power."
This bill is expected to pass the House and Senate with overwhelming support. There will be further coverage on the developments as they happen.
After hours of delays by opposition leadership a vote on this measure has been delayed until tomorrow, April 28, 2016. Supporters are left frustrated with Royalist Party opposition. Due to rules agreed to during commitee hearings on this bill a vote must be held by the ajournment of the House tomorrow at 5:30 p.m.
*BREAKING NEWS OUT OF VOS ISTRA*
The Aero Chronicle
Chancellor Legislation Passes Vos Istra House!
Aero, Vos Istra
4/28/2016 9:50 a.m.
Jay Allen, AC
Just moments ago the House of Representatives held a historic vote. Legislation for the creation of a Chancellorship passed the House of Representatives with an overwhelming 729-111 margin. As expected all 33 Representatives of the Royalist Party voted "nay," however in an unexpected event two thirds of the Disciples of Christ Party and Christian Labor Party joined them, along with a splinter group of Representatives from other parties. This landmark legislation now makes it's way to the Senate for a final vote. The bill is expected to also easily pass the in the Senate. One Senator from the Conservative Christians Party had this to say,
- "We are very pleased with the bipartisan support for this bill. I expect it will have no problem passing in the Senate."
While there is no major opposition to this bill in the Senate there are a few who oppose it from various parties. One Senator from the Christian Labor Party had this to say,
- "This bill does not go far enough. We need legislation that strips the King of his legal power. Of course I'm not advocating to remove him from the throne but the power belongs to all the people."
A Senator from the Disciples of Christ Party, a former Royalist Party member, had this to say in response,
- "I disagree with my colleague, this bill goes too far! This King was chosen by God to rule over us. He has a divine right!"
Ideologies on both sides have their very different reasons to vote "nay," but supporters of the bill are confident of it passing. A vote in the Senate is expected to take place sometime during tomorrow's session of the Grand Assembly. There will be further coverage on the developments as they happen.
The UCS is glad see democracy at work, and many government officials support the measure, seeing as it will an elected official in leadership that represents the whole of the nations. We are curious to the specifics of what power/authority the Chancellor would have
To the League of Christian Nations:
Should any nation of the League of Christian Nations wish to preview the Chancellor bill you may view it here.
Ambassador to the League of Christian Nations
OOC: Any telegram comments/suggestions are welcome.
The border factbook of Vos Istra have been updated with a brand new map! It is 10x better than the old one! Check it out!
*BREAKING NEWS OUT OF VOS ISTRA!*
The Aero Chronicle
Chancellor Legislation Passes Senate!
Aero, Vos Istra
4/29/2016 9:15 p.m.
Jay Allen, AC
The highly anticipated vote on the creation of the office of Chancellor took place in Vos Istra's Sentate today. It passed with wide support 79-15. Senators from the Disciples of Christ Party stood with their House colleagues with all three Senators voting against the measure. Five of the seven senators of the Christian Labour Party also voted against the bill. One Sentator from the Conservative Christians Party had this to say,
- "We believe this legislation is the right direction for Vos Istra. We need an elected leader who represents all the people."
A usually quiet Senator of the Lutheran party had this to say,
- "We are so pleased with the passage of this legislation. We hope to work closely with the Chancellor for the good of Vos Istra.
His Majesty the King, Andrew the Great, is expected to sign this legislation into law tomorrow morning, April 30, 2016.
It is a nice flag.
This what pops up in my mind, when I see it: The “German” design I associate with the Teutonic order, Prussia or the “2nd Reich”. I don’t understand the three stars. In the USA the stars represent states and Vos Istra seems to have more. The Tulip is more a tourist association for the Netherlands, like wooden shoes and windmills.
Thanks for the feedback. Now that I think of it the three stars not only represent the USA but the Trinity is well.