Laissez Faireholm RMB

WA Delegate: The Motors of Lincoln Sydney (elected 1 year 123 days ago)

Founder: The Federated Realms of Distruzio

BoardActivity History Admin

World Factbook Entry

Welcome! This is a region conceived for the libertarian minded - the belief that liberty is the primary virtue of humanity and that the State should be minimized to the greatest possible extent.

Anyone who believes in individual free will is welcome. Here you'll find the cure for stateholm syndrome.

Please endorse our regional WA Delegate, The Motors of Lincoln Sydney

Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end.
- Lord Acton

The ideal Government of all reflective men, from Aristotle onward, is one which lets the individual alone one which barely escapes being no government at all.
- H.L. Mencken

LinkClick here to go to our offsite forums

Embassies: Libertatem, Black Mesa Islands, Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region, Eastern Roman Empire, Hellenic Civilization, Snopesean Archipelago, Weed, Eutopia, One big Island, The National Alliance, Maltropian Puppet Confederacy, Persian Tricycle Riders, Capitalist Paradise, Cashnatchee, World Alliance, The Alliance Pocket Universe, and 59 others.New Republica, New Europe, Zarathustra, North Africa, International Republican Union, The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples, The True Rebirth, United Empire of Islam, League of Christian Nations, NationStates Sesquipedalian Countries, Confederation of Nations, Strategos Prime, Zentari, League of Cobalt Nations, Arctic, The Western Empire, Gay, Isles of Socialism, The Illuminati, Ivory Tower, Libertarians, Antista, The Hyatt Islands, Land of Absolute Freedom, Northern Emirates, The Seventh Bay, The Versutian Federation, Fusionism, Austritaria, Paraguay, International Commonwealth Of Nations, The Liberty Sector, Transhuman Singularity Research Alliance, Oceanside, Glenda Dawson HighSchool, Deutschland, Ankh Mauta, Anarcho Pragmatism, Louisiana Alliance x Alliance Louisiane, The Christian Nations, The Evil Genius Archipelago, Anarchy, The Atlas Union, European Region, League of Nations, Classical Liberal Union, New Vatican, The Atheist Empire, Continent of Xenonia, New Roman Republic, Dudeism, libertarian, Union of Libertarian States, The International Commerce Guild, Avadam Inn, Federation of Free States, The Waters of Lethe, The Customs Court of Elderly Peoples, and Republic of Alberta.

The embassy with Union of Libertarian States is being withdrawn. Closure expected in 1 day 13 hours.

Tags: Anti-Fascist, National Sovereigntist, Offsite Forums, General Assembly, Anarchist, Industrial, Monarchist, Independent, Featured, Conservative, Liberal, Libertarian, and 12 others.Regional Government, Democratic, Capitalist, Social, Generalite, Large, Free Trade, Isolationist, Role Player, Anti-Communist, Serious, and World Assembly.

Regional Power: Moderate

Laissez Faireholm contains 57 nations, the 208th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Largest Pizza Delivery Sector in Laissez Faireholm

As a region, Laissez Faireholm is ranked 29th in the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.

#NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Free Nation of Libertarian CanadaCapitalizt“Freedom is our strength.”
2.The Free Freedom Loving Land of Living Freedom LandCapitalizt“Freedom is life and life is freedom!”
3.The Confederacy of ElwherWA MemberCorporate Bordello“Power for the Taking”
4.The Stoicity of AugarundusAnarchy“Ouroboros”
5.The Voluntarist Lands of ViolanAnarchy“Walk your own path, unimpeded, and I shall walk mine.”
6.The Freeholders of SeleucasAnarchy“He who cannot give cannot feel”
7.The Voluntaryist Aggregate of Faith Hope CharityAnarchy“Prior est Propietas Ego.”
8.The Most Serene Confederation of The Merchant RepublicsAnarchy“Omni Homo Est Suum Regem”
9.The Voluntary Society of SibirskyAnarchy“Capitalismus sine modo, via ad prosperitatem”
10.The Federal Republic of CassariaAnarchy“It's YOUR life. Live free.”
Page:  «  1  2  3  4  5  6  »

Regional Happenings

More...

Laissez Faireholm Regional Message Board

The Republic of Atlanticatia wrote:Greece isn't socialist.

SYRIZA is the party in power, espousing a left-wing radical ideology. Formally, they are Socialist.

The Voluntary Society of Sibirsky wrote:No, it doesn't. The embargo doesn't help, obviously. But other nations trade with Cuba. They could import medicine if they had a way to pay for it.

Does it matter? They are pathetic. Greece had to be bailed out several times, already. Bolivia has a GDP/capita of $2,800.

That is not even remotely close to what I said.

I already told you that murder in response to speech is excessive force.

I'll disagree with Cuba in that it has taken an isolationist approach to shortages, but in the end it says nothing about Socialism. They have shelter, food, water, and at least some medicines. More so than the emerging capitalist countries in Africa, where according to their situations, they should be at the same level.

Most of Greece's problems are from Germany's direct economic attacks on Greece, but otherwise the standard of living has risen dramatically since SYRIZA's emergence. The same could be said for Bolivia, and its poor level in fact proves the point that with Socialism, even in the worst of economic situations, Socialist countries maintain their living standard while Capitalist ones crumble.

But you contradicted this point by saying that the consequences could be 'harsh and drastic', to be administered 'from whoever was offended'. Saying that one punishment is allowed and another isn't is restricting their right to be harsh and drastic.

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:I'll disagree with Cuba in that it has taken an isolationist approach to shortages, but in the end it says nothing about Socialism. They have shelter, food, water, and at least some medicines. More so than the emerging capitalist countries in Africa, where according to their situations, they should be at the same level.

Shelter, food, water and some medicines is not sufficient. That is a pathetic existence.

What emerging capitalist countries in Africa?

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:
Most of Greece's problems are from Germany's direct economic attacks on Greece, but otherwise the standard of living has risen dramatically since SYRIZA's emergence. The same could be said for Bolivia, and its poor level in fact proves the point that with Socialism, even in the worst of economic situations, Socialist countries maintain their living standard while Capitalist ones crumble.

What German economic attacks? What capitalist nations are crumbling?
[quote]
But you contradicted this point by saying that the consequences could be 'harsh and drastic', to be administered 'from whoever was offended'. Saying that one punishment is allowed and another isn't is restricting their right to be harsh and drastic. [/quote]I never said it is allowed. I said it would happen. It happened.

Rules don't matter, anyway. The fact that it happened, proves so.

The Voluntary Society of Sibirsky wrote:You are economically illiterate and support genocide by starvation.


Cummies like to deny the Holodomor, just like their right wing counterparts with the Holocaust...

The Voluntary Society of Sibirsky wrote:Shelter, food, water and some medicines is not sufficient. That is a pathetic existence.

What emerging capitalist countries in Africa?
What German economic attacks? What capitalist nations are crumbling?
[quote]
But you contradicted this point by saying that the consequences could be 'harsh and drastic', to be administered 'from whoever was offended'. Saying that one punishment is allowed and another isn't is restricting their right to be harsh and drastic.

I never said it is allowed. I said it would happen. It happened.

Rules don't matter, anyway. The fact that it happened, proves so. [/quote]
DRC: http://www.hrw.org/drc

Kenya: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-14458109

Ethiopia: http://www.africanmanager.com/site_eng/detail_article.php?art_id=12814

CAR: http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/regions/africa/central-africa/central-african-republic.aspx

And my personal favorite, Zimbabwe: http://www.trust.org/spotlight/Zimbabwe-crisis

Were I a worse person, I'd call you out for those quotes you complained about not all that long ago.

Then would it not be more efficient to just say there was no law on them and let them happen? You are opposed to government intervention in things, but arresting someone over something which you would only passivly accept is wrong seems like pretty serious government intervention to me.

Sibirsky can speak French... In Russian.

Once a cobra bit Sibirsky's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.

Sibirsky counted to infinity. Twice.

http://www.chucknorrisjokes.linkpress.info/top-100.php

What? Bored.

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:I never said it is allowed. I said it would happen. It happened.

Rules don't matter, anyway. The fact that it happened, proves so.

DRC: http://www.hrw.org/drc

Kenya: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-14458109

Ethiopia: http://www.africanmanager.com/site_eng/detail_article.php?art_id=12814

CAR: http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/regions/africa/central-africa/central-african-republic.aspx

And my personal favorite, Zimbabwe: http://www.trust.org/spotlight/Zimbabwe-crisis

Were I a worse person, I'd call you out for those quotes you complained about not all that long ago.

Then would it not be more efficient to just say there was no law on them and let them happen? You are opposed to government intervention in things, but arresting someone over something which you would only passivly accept is wrong seems like pretty serious government intervention to me. [/quote]

Haha, all of those countries are becoming more prosperous because all the socialist dictators have finally died off or smartened up.

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:
DRC: http://www.hrw.org/drc

Kenya: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-14458109

Ethiopia: http://www.africanmanager.com/site_eng/detail_article.php?art_id=12814

CAR: http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/regions/africa/central-africa/central-african-republic.aspx

And my personal favorite, Zimbabwe: http://www.trust.org/spotlight/Zimbabwe-crisis

Wow, you really are economically illiterate.

Congo has a property rights rating of 10.0. Investment freedom rating of 20.0. And financial freedom rating of 20.0 It is in no way, shape or form, capitalist. 45.0 overall.

Kenya scores better, 55.6 overall. Property rights 30.0, freedom from corruption 27.0. These are extremely low scores. Kenya is not capitalist.

Ethiopia 51.5 overall, 30.0 property rights, 20.0 investment freedom and 20.0 financial freedom. Not capitalist.

CAR property rights 15.0, freedom from corruption 25.0, business freedom 27.2, financial freedom 30.0, overall 45.9.

Nothing says capitalism like confiscation of land, right? Of course Zimbabwe is your favorite. It scores the lowest, 37.6 overall. Property rights are a pathetic 10.0. Freedom from corruption is 21.0. Investment freedom is 0.0. Financial freedom is 10.0. Labor freedom 23.7 [/quote]

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:
Were I a worse person, I'd call you out for those quotes you complained about not all that long ago.

One lazy mistake in many posts is ok. Not only do you call me out on it, but you make the mistake again in the same post. Lol.

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:
Then would it not be more efficient to just say there was no law on them and let them happen? You are opposed to government intervention in things, but arresting someone over something which you would only passivly accept is wrong seems like pretty serious government intervention to me.

There are laws against murder. I'm not sure what you are getting at here. And every society, even anarchies would have laws against murder.

The Voluntary Society of Sibirsky wrote:Wow, you really are economically illiterate.

Congo has a property rights rating of 10.0. Investment freedom rating of 20.0. And financial freedom rating of 20.0 It is in no way, shape or form, capitalist. 45.0 overall.

Kenya scores better, 55.6 overall. Property rights 30.0, freedom from corruption 27.0. These are extremely low scores. Kenya is not capitalist.

Ethiopia 51.5 overall, 30.0 property rights, 20.0 investment freedom and 20.0 financial freedom. Not capitalist.

CAR property rights 15.0, freedom from corruption 25.0, business freedom 27.2, financial freedom 30.0, overall 45.9.

Nothing says capitalism like confiscation of land, right? Of course Zimbabwe is your favorite. It scores the lowest, 37.6 overall. Property rights are a pathetic 10.0. Freedom from corruption is 21.0. Investment freedom is 0.0. Financial freedom is 10.0. Labor freedom 23.7


One lazy mistake in many posts is ok. Not only do you call me out on it, but you make the mistake again in the same post. Lol.
There are laws against murder. I'm not sure what you are getting at here. And every society, even anarchies would have laws against murder. [/quote]
And yet each and every one of those countries claims to be capitalist, free market countries. Some numbers indicating economic conditions are rising seem to be on their side, but without food or water, along with militants sweeping some of these countries' countrysides, and governments refusing to do a thing about it, the situation for the common person stays the same.

I agree, and honestly don't care about little mistakes like that. I only did so because you did the same thing to a post by Atlanticatia, but it was because of your mistake that the quotes trailed into mine.

Whose authority determines whether a victim's actions against the offender are just or not? The only plausible option would be a government, unless they plan on getting the opinion of every person on the planet first.

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:
And yet each and every one of those countries claims to be capitalist, free market countries. Some numbers indicating economic conditions are rising seem to be on their side, but without food or water, along with militants sweeping some of these countries' countrysides, and governments refusing to do a thing about it, the situation for the common person stays the same.

How is what they claim, relevant? Their economies have little to do with markets or capitalism.

The Armed Republic of Quayle wrote:
Whose authority determines whether a victim's actions against the offender are just or not? The only plausible option would be a government, unless they plan on getting the opinion of every person on the planet first.

Many plausible options, besides government. Government is one of the worst options.

The Voluntary Society of Sibirsky wrote:How is what they claim, relevant? Their economies have little to do with markets or capitalism.
Many plausible options, besides government. Government is one of the worst options.

That was partially in reference to Liberated Territories' quote. This could also be applied on a larger basis against claimed Socialist countries, like the U.S.S.R. and the D.P.R.K., in that claims have little reflect on what the governance is actually like. I should add too, regardless of whether these countries are Capitalist or not, they can't be Socialist either as none of the money is being put to the benefit of the people.

That is once again going into semantics. Any group of people getting together and deciding what is acceptable or not is the absolute primitive level of a government, but a government nonetheless.

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics