WA Delegate (non-executive): The Republic of StanislavN (elected 2 days 8 hours ago)
Founder: The Memorial of Cerian Quilor
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Least Corrupt Governments in Kantrias
World Census officials visited a range of government departments and recorded how frequently bribes were required to complete simple administrative requests.
As a region, Kantrias is ranked 11,015th in the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
|1.||The Empire of Swazissistan||Democratic Socialists||“Someday ,and that day may never come...”|
|2.||The Constitutional Republic of Tekania||New York Times Democracy||“QVI DESIDERAT PACEM PREPARATE BELLVM”|
|3.||The Federal States of Adriopium||Left-Leaning College State||“Preservation of Liberty over All.”|
|4.||The Insane Paradise of Nuallania||Democratic Socialists||“I have absolutely no idea. Really.”|
|5.||The Republic of New Somersetshire||New York Times Democracy||“Unity, justice, and freedom for all”|
|6.||The Green Kingdom of Quilavaland||Democratic Socialists||“Qui Lava Quil”|
|7.||The Kingdom of Leutria||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Culture and Honor”|
|8.||The Federal Republic of Schutzgeidt||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Menschen, Macht und Land”|
|9.||The Republic of United Provinces of Betica||Left-wing Utopia||“Unum pro omnibus”|
|10.||The Republic of Panonija||Democratic Socialists||“Panonians together”|
Last poll: “Who do you want to be WA Delegate?”
- 4 hours ago: The Emirate of Abu Lahmacun departed this region for World Alliance.
- 9 hours ago: The Democratic Empire of Ukotrium departed this region for Kingdom of Alexandria.
- 10 hours ago: The Democratic Empire of Ukotrium arrived from The Communist Bloc.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: The Empire of Vesperian Dominion of the region Vesperia proposed constructing embassies.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: The Republic of StanislavN replaced The United Kingdom of XScLs_FreeLand as WA Delegate.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: The Republic of Sackitows ceased to exist.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: The Kingdom of Clanp ceased to exist.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: The Kazamanic Puppet of Dragonian Kazaman ceased to exist.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: The Empire of Serrafia do Sul ceased to exist.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: The Memorial of Cerian Quilor updated the World Factbook entry.
Kantrias Regional Message Board
Im down for that discussion
I vote against. If a nation's currency is simple enough to counterfeit on a large scale, it is not a secure currency.
If you have ever seen the film "Catch Me if You Can" starring Leo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks, We can never have too much protection against theft and privacy. I do support the legislation and i hope others in the region fell the same way.
Repeal "Commend Luna Amore" I voted with the Region when it was 6-3 to approve
It is, however, a film. Currency security is meant to be managed by the country itself. I generally take a view analogous to "State's Rights". Not a big fan of strengthening the central govt in too many areas.
Final (hopefully) draft of the constitution now being reviewed/debated before we bring it to a vote!
I find that logic flawed. Stealing 1 nail is as valid a crime as is stealing millions worth of property. Likewise, counterfeiting a simple currency is as valid a crime as counterfeiting a secure currency. The mere act of it should be outlawed.
I'm voting for, by the way.
Im simply saying it is a nation's responsibility ro keep it's finances secure. Im not saying its not a crime, just saying its a nations responsibility.
You may have a point when considering the domestic affairs of the aforementioned nation, but the counterfeiting operation could have serious international consequences. These consequences could continue getting worse if the international community does not have a plan in place to take action against the perpetrators, especially if their government refuses to allow the affected nation to take action against them.
I see it as a necessary measure to avoid a stalemate where counterfeiting operations in foreign countries are destroying the financial status of a nation (or internationally) and the counterfeiters are unable to be stopped and/or held responsible.