WA Delegate: None.
Founder: Beat poets and artists
Greenwich Village contains 2 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Retail Industry in Greenwich Village
As a region, Greenwich Village is ranked 17,434th in the world for Largest Retail Industry.
|1.||The Queendom of Mathilde VI||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Be wise, choose wise.”|
|2.||The Commonwealth of Ureyzyq||Iron Fist Consumerists||“He who is transplanted still sustains”|
- 13 days ago: The Jingoistic States of Imperial Defender departed this region for Orion.
- 13 days ago: The Protectorate of SOPCinder lost WA Delegate status.
- 14 days ago: The Republic of The Coalition Against DEN Commander of the region The Coalition Against DEN proposed constructing embassies.
- 14 days ago: The Protectorate of SOPCinder departed this region for The SOP.
- 14 days ago: The Protectorate of SOPCinder updated the World Factbook entry.
- 14 days ago: The Protectorate of SOPCinder unsuppressed some posts on the regional message board.
- 14 days ago: The Protectorate of SOPCinder removed the tag "Recruiter Friendly".
- 14 days ago: The Protectorate of SOPCinder aborted construction of embassies with DEN.
- 14 days ago: The Protectorate of SOPCinder cancelled the closure of embassies between Greenwich Village and Woodstock.
- 14 days ago: The Protectorate of SOPCinder cancelled the closure of embassies between Greenwich Village and Democratic Underground.
Greenwich Village Regional Message Board
That sounds delicious!
Happy Thanksgiving people, later today we're helping to cater free TG dinners at the local community center for homeless people. If you can spare a couple of hours and want to lend a hand we'd appreciate it. It runs from 2pm to 5 and if you can hang on to help clean up, we'll come back to the cafe for an evening party.
I just saw some weird bearded cat, dressed up in a red suit with white fur trim, sitting on a sleigh and being pulled around Washington Square Park. Trouble is the sleigh was pulled by a couple of horses instead of 8 reindeer. Anybody know what's going on there? Makes me think Santa's franchising out or something. And anyway, he's early.
where is inspiration in another new year?
we've done this all before
and our ancestors before us
countless and nameless they are and
pointless on this point
Full of hope and hoopla
of ritual and resolution
they looked at each old year as slavery
to each new year as emancipation
and filled their lives with futility
and here we are cresting another wave of time
have we figured out yet that january 1
is just like may 18 or august 4
or will we trade our old calendar for new
and trust its empty magic for a new life?
Sheesh! all they did with the snowmageddon alert was screw up my business for the day. Good thing so many of my regulars are locals or I would've lost money on the day.
Hi, my name is Forrest Hamer, I'd like to read a poem called "A dull sound varying now and again" :
And then we began eating corn starch,
chalk chewed wet into sirup.
Argo boxes stored away to stiffen
my white dress shirt, and my cousin
and I played or watched TV, no longer annoyed
by the din of never cooling afternoons.
On the way home from church one fifth Sunday,
shirt outside my pants, my tie clipped on
its wrinkling collar, I found a new small can of snuff,
packed a chunk inside my cheek, and tripped
from the musky sting making my head ache,
giving me shivers knowing my aunt hid cigarettes
in the drawer under her slips,
that drawer the middle one on the left.
Another poem by Forrest Hamer. This one's called "Grace"
This air is flooded with her. I am a boy again, and my mother
and I lie on wet grass, laughing. She startles, turns to
marigolds at my side, saying beautiful, and I can see the red
there is in them.
When she would fall into her thoughts, we'd look for what
distracted her from us.
My mother's gone again as suddenly as ever and, seven months
after the funeral, I go dancing. I am becoming grateful.
Breathing, thinking, marigolds.
And a bit of Lawrence Ferlinghetti:
Night closed my windows and
The sky became a crystal house
The crystal windows glowed
shown through them
through the whole house of crystal
A single star beamed down
its crystal cable
and drew a plough through the earth
unearthing bodies clasped together
around the earth
They clung together everywhere
emitting small cries
that did not reach the stars
The crystal earth turned
and the bodies with it
And the sky did not turn
nor the stars with it
The stars remained fixed
each with its crystal cable
beamed to earth
each attached to the immense plough
furrowing our lives
For sure, peace. And espresso. And poetry. And art, and music. And Beatness.
Welcome! Feel free to help fill our coffeehouse with the sounds and songs and sights of the reality under the fog. I'll take care of the smells and tastes of food and coffee.