WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Kingdom of Regnum V
Embassies: Commonwealth of Crowns.
Grand Union is home to a single nation.
Today's World Census Report
The Safest in Grand Union
The World Census ranked nations on a variety of scales to produce an indication of how safe a country is to visit.
As a region, Grand Union is ranked 5,079th in the world for Safest.
|1.||The Kingdom of Regnum V||Democratic Socialists||“Grand Union shall prevail”|
- 127 days ago: Icegreen of the region The icegreen union proposed constructing embassies.
- 171 days ago: The Kingdom of Regnum V password-protected the region.
- 190 days ago: The Kingdom of Colchester ceased to exist.
- 244 days ago: Embassy cancelled between World Alliance and Grand Union.
- 244 days ago: The Kingdom of Colchester arrived from New Europe Puppet Depot.
- 247 days ago: The Grand British Kingdom of Britonisea of the region The Northern Hemisphere proposed constructing embassies.
- 247 days ago: The Empire of Great Eurussia of the region World Alliance ordered the closure of its embassy in Grand Union.
- 247 days ago: The Kingdom of Regnum V updated the World Factbook entry.
- 253 days ago: The United Commonwealth of Bankampar departed this region for Grand Alliance Of Independant Nations.
- 253 days ago: The United Commonwealth of Bankampar arrived from The East Pacific.
Grand Union Regional Message Board
Constitution of GU:-
THE CONSTITUTION OF THE GRAND UNION
Effective February 16, 2013 8:42 pm (CDT)
Section I -The Grand Council
1. The Grand Council shall hereby be established as the sole governing body of the Grand Union.
2. The Grand Council shall initially consist of 4 nations, or "Councilors", appointed by the former Grand Council of November 2012, who shall be chosen based on age, activity, and acumen.
3. The number of Councilors within the Council is at the Council's discretion, albeit with a minimum of three Councilors being mandated to prevent autocracy and impasse.
4. The Councilors shall be in power for an indeterminate period, with a Councilor’s position only being terminated through the will of the other incumbent Councilors.
5. The Grand Council shall be headed and led by a Chancellor, elected for a four month term, ending on midnight(CDT) of the last day of the second month term.
6. The Chancellor shall be elected by the Council and the People, or non-Council members, each as separate entities. The two final votes shall determine the winner. In the case of impasse, all votes shall be counted and majority shall decide the winner.
Section II - Council Powers
1. The Council requires a majority vote of its Councilors to utilize any of its powers not further regulated within the constitution.
2. The Council may eject and also ban any nation from the Grand Union, for reasons such as spamming, inactivity, or treasonous activity.
3. The Council may ratify any legislation proposed by a Councilor or the Chancellor into law.
4. The Council may repeal any legislation.
5. The Council may amend any legislation.
6. The Council may form committees and create new roles to serve regional interests.
7. These committees and positions shall have no authority over the Council, and shall be in every respect subordinate to the Council.
8. The Council shall have the authority to appoint any individual to, and to remove any individual from, any officially created position in the Grand Union.
9. All executive powers are held by the Council, to delegate as they see fit.
10. The Council shall decide whether or not to establish an embassy with another region, and shall have the authority to terminate such.
11. The Council may decree the region to become password protected at any instance, and may similarly revoke such protection.
12. The Council may vote for a nation to be ejected from or added to the Council.
13. There is to be no power beyond the Grand Council.
14. The Chancellor may be impeached by the will of the Council by a 2/3 vote.
15. The Chancellor shall not have the right to vote on Council decisions except in the case of impasse amongst the Councilors.
16. The Chancellor shall reserve the right to veto any legislation of Council, yet this can be overturned by a 2/3 Council vote.
17. The Chancellor reserves in his/her own capacity to exercise any powers, not restricted herein, of the Council.
18. Any action of a former or incumbent Chancellor may be repealed by a 2/3 vote of the Grand Council.
19. The Council shall regulate role-play within the Grand Union for the preservation of realism and clarity.
Section III - Council Regulations
1. All Councilor appointee's and Chancellor elects must make the following oath, which shall serve to guide the direction of the Grand Council:
Council Appointee Oath
"I [Insert name here] solemnly swear to perform the duties of Councilor/Chancellor with utmost respect for the region and its laws & interests, and the authority of Councilors, so as to best preserve and protect the security and stability of the Grand Union and all of its member-nations."
2. The Chancellor shall be subject to automatic impeachment due to 1 week of unexcused inactivity.
3. Elections for Chancellors shall be held within the last two weeks of a given Chancellor’s term.
4. In the case of the Chancellor being impeached, the Council must appoint a new pro tempore Chancellor to complete the term.
5. All voting shall commence after debate has been closed and once a floor vote has been called.
6. During the debate, the general public shall be permitted to lobby on behalf of shared viewpoints and/or interests.
7. During Debate, an unlimited number of amendments can be proposed and attached to the draft proposal.
8. Voting shall take place on the amendments before the final proposal can be voted on.
9. No member can serve more than two consecutive terms for a governmental position.
*Approved by the Grand Council of the Date of Proposal, Subject to Amendments by the Incumbent Council*
Refounded by the RDF on 21/06/2013.
Welcome Colchester. What brings you here?
I saw a nation left here for the puppet depot where i was waiting to cease to exist.But i looked here and saw it has been re founded and looks so much better now.
So i joined.
I see. Well, this is a colony of The Commonwealth of Crowns. You may like to join the parent region where the real action is. :)