WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Republic of Literary Detectives
Embassies: Mystria, Dune, Dreamworld, The Shadow of Mordor, The Mysterious Island, The Ascendancy, Serenity, The Island of Mythology, The Illuminati, Iura Pecunia et libertas, The United Region of Helping Nations, League of Cobalt Nations, and Sauron.
Goliath SpecOps inc contains 2 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Manufacturing Sector in Goliath SpecOps inc
As a region, Goliath SpecOps inc is ranked 912th in the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
|1.||The Republic of Literary Detectives||Compulsory Consumerist State||“You'll like it here; everyone is quite mad”|
|2.||The Community of The Robert Southey Ursine Residence||Anarchy||“No hunting or bile-tapping here”|
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Embassy established between Sauron and Goliath SpecOps inc.
- 4 days ago: The Wondrous Winter Wonderland of The Bruce of the region Wysteria rejected a request from Goliath SpecOps inc to establish embassies.
- 5 days ago: Embassy established between Goliath SpecOps inc and League of Cobalt Nations.
- 5 days ago: The Empire of Concasia of the region Sauron agreed to construct embassies.
- 6 days ago: Embassy established between Goliath SpecOps inc and The United Region of Helping Nations.
- 7 days ago: Embassy established between Iura Pecunia et libertas and Goliath SpecOps inc.
- 8 days ago: The United Territories of The Cobalt Sky of the region League of Cobalt Nations agreed to construct embassies.
- 9 days ago: The Game Administrator's Realm of SalusaSecondus of the region The Cuckoos Egg rejected a request from Goliath SpecOps inc to establish embassies.
- 9 days ago: The Rebuilding Republic of Komarin of the region The United Region of Helping Nations agreed to construct embassies.
- 10 days ago: The Republic of Literary Detectives proposed constructing embassies with The Cuckoos Egg.
Goliath SpecOps inc Regional Message Board
Well, I suppose that badness is in the I of the beholder...
Anyway, as Bester is one of your favourite authors: Did you already know that back in the '40s & [maybe] early '50s he made some money by writing for the superhero comics? For example, he's generally credited as the creator of the Green Lantern's oath that's still used today, you know "In brightest day, In blackest night" and all that...
You really should try reading Fforde (especially the 'Thursday Next' series, and its 'Nursery Crime' spin-off from which I took this nation), though.
He's definitely on my list of authors people tell me I should read. Every so often I'll read someone from that list, and usually that turns out to be a good thing. (Example: Jim Butcher whom, unlike you, I am unable to categorize as great, but who definitely goes into the "not bad at all" category.)
I just finished reading Stross's Neptune's Brood. It's a lot of fun, I definitely recommend it.
Oops! So hot that I fell asleep...
'Neptune's Blood'? Not sure whether I've read that one of Stross's works yet: Is it the story about the sexbot who wasn't built until after humanity had become extinct?
Nope, that was Saturn's Children (I hope I got the name right). This is in the same universe, but much, much later. BTW, it's Brood, not Blood.
One consequence of the region dropping from 3 members to just 2:
• 2 days 21 hours ago: The Robert Southey Ursine Residence's influence in Goliath SpecOps inc rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
• 3 days 9 hours ago: The Robert Southey Ursine Residence's influence in Goliath SpecOps inc rose from "Diplomat" to "Contender".
• 4 days ago: The Robert Southey Ursine Residence's influence in Goliath SpecOps inc rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
I've now read this, and second the recomendation.
OKay, then. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the reccomendation