WA Delegate: None.
Founder: The Republic of Literary Detectives
Goliath SpecOps inc contains 2 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Least Corrupt Governments in Goliath SpecOps inc
World Census officials visited a range of government departments and recorded how frequently bribes were required to complete simple administrative requests.
As a region, Goliath SpecOps inc is ranked 15,309th in the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
|1.||The Community of The Robert Southey Ursine Residence||Anarchy||“No hunting or bile-tapping here”|
|2.||The Republic of Literary Detectives||Capitalist Paradise||“You'll like it here; everyone is quite mad”|
- 23 days ago: The Republic of Literary Detectives granted posting privileges on the Goliath SpecOps inc Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- 112 days ago: Embassy cancelled between Gensokyo and Goliath SpecOps inc.
- 117 days ago: The Shadow Dominion of Mordorians of the region The Shadow of Mordor cancelled the closure of its embassy in Goliath SpecOps inc.
- 118 days ago: Embassy established between The Illuminati and Goliath SpecOps inc.
- 118 days ago: The Hidden Intent of The Lady Knight of the region The Shadow of Mordor ordered the closure of its embassy in Goliath SpecOps inc.
- 121 days ago: The Republic of Literary Detectives agreed to construct embassies with The Illuminati.
- 122 days ago: The Badlands Beyond the Brink of The Bizarre of the region The Illuminati proposed constructing embassies.
- 162 days ago: Embassy cancelled between Star Wars and Goliath SpecOps inc.
- 165 days ago: Spiral spiral of the region Star Wars ordered the closure of its embassy in Goliath SpecOps inc.
- 166 days ago: The Badlands Beyond the Brink of The Bizarre of the region The Illuminati proposed constructing embassies.
Goliath SpecOps inc Regional Message Board
i suspected an attempt at punning there, but wasn't 100% certain... and even by my own standards, which more than one person has complained about, it's a pretty bad one...
What I couldn't resist lately was responding to the title of a forum thread in a way that its starter probably didn't intend:
My puns bad? No, I won't believe that...
Well, I suppose that badness is in the I of the beholder...
Anyway, as Bester is one of your favourite authors: Did you already know that back in the '40s & [maybe] early '50s he made some money by writing for the superhero comics? For example, he's generally credited as the creator of the Green Lantern's oath that's still used today, you know "In brightest day, In blackest night" and all that...
You really should try reading Fforde (especially the 'Thursday Next' series, and its 'Nursery Crime' spin-off from which I took this nation), though.
He's definitely on my list of authors people tell me I should read. Every so often I'll read someone from that list, and usually that turns out to be a good thing. (Example: Jim Butcher whom, unlike you, I am unable to categorize as great, but who definitely goes into the "not bad at all" category.)
I just finished reading Stross's Neptune's Brood. It's a lot of fun, I definitely recommend it.
Oops! So hot that I fell asleep...
'Neptune's Blood'? Not sure whether I've read that one of Stross's works yet: Is it the story about the sexbot who wasn't built until after humanity had become extinct?
Nope, that was Saturn's Children (I hope I got the name right). This is in the same universe, but much, much later. BTW, it's Brood, not Blood.
One consequence of the region dropping from 3 members to just 2:
• 2 days 21 hours ago: The Robert Southey Ursine Residence's influence in Goliath SpecOps inc rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
• 3 days 9 hours ago: The Robert Southey Ursine Residence's influence in Goliath SpecOps inc rose from "Diplomat" to "Contender".
• 4 days ago: The Robert Southey Ursine Residence's influence in Goliath SpecOps inc rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".