WA Delegate: The Technocratic Republic of Dagnia (elected 72 days ago)
Embassies: One big Island, Israel, Antarctic Oasis, South Sudan, Laissez Faireholm, Eladen, The YoungWorld, the Land of Power, Blahbania, Tibet, Louisiana Alliance x Alliance Louisiane, Libertarians, Antista, Northern Emirates, The Coalition of Psychlo States, The Illuminati, and 4 others.The Darwin Allied Republics, Brannack, Open Set, and Victims of Communism.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Manufacturing Sector in Galts Gulch
As a region, Galts Gulch is ranked 102nd in the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
|1.||The Technocratic Republic of Dagnia||Capitalizt||“.سوف يرث الوديع الأرض. النجوم هي لبقيتنا”|
|2.||The True Believers of Free Market Paradise||Corporate Bordello||“Marginal Profit Is The Blood Of Life”|
|3.||The Existential Quandry of Weller Centennial||Capitalizt||“Leave us alone, and nobody gets hurt!”|
|4.||The Holy Empire of FurQ2||Father Knows Best State||“Get the hell out of my office!”|
|5.||The Minarchist Republic of Vorutania4||Capitalist Paradise||“Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito”|
|6.||The Free Land of Stirrland||Anarchy||“Deo Vindice”|
|7.||The Free Land of New Nordica||Capitalist Paradise||“Sic Semper Evello Mortem Mariarchi”|
|8.||The Capital City of Bujumbura||Corporate Police State||“Ubumwe, Ibikorwa, Iterambere”|
|9.||The Republic of Strenuorum||Iron Fist Consumerists||“We Stand Resolute”|
|10.||The Epitome of The United States Personified||Corporate Bordello||“Life, Libery & the Pursuit of Happiness”|
- 3 hours ago: The Free Land of Jondon of the region Iura Pecunia et libertas proposed constructing embassies.
- 5 hours ago: The True Believers of Free Market Paradise departed this region for Capitalist Paradise.
- 17 hours ago: Embassy cancelled between International Republican Union and Galts Gulch.
- 20 hours ago: The Epitome of The United States Personified arrived from Capitalist Paradise.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: The Informed Chancellor of Conservative Idealism of the region International Republican Union ordered the closure of its embassy in Galts Gulch.
- 9 days ago: Embassy cancelled between Chris puppet storage and Galts Gulch.
- 9 days ago: The Colony of Repeords of the region The Land of Power cancelled the closure of its embassy in Galts Gulch.
- 10 days ago: The Colony of Repeords of the region The Land of Power ordered the closure of its embassy in Galts Gulch.
- 12 days ago: The Puppet master of New Crazy131 of the region Chris puppet storage ordered the closure of its embassy in Galts Gulch.
- 17 days ago: Berdanvia of the region Brannack cancelled the closure of its embassy in Galts Gulch.
Galts Gulch Regional Message Board
It was probably all in vain, the game model is warped: you develop a cure that you can't use on yourself. The only survival model is to play in cooperative mode. All individualist modes of play lead to death. I didn't expect anything more from the mind of Max Barry.
You can set up either cure or exterminate and it would auto clear your nation. That takes time. We are in a region so other nations affected the whole region. They should let you auto lock a nations borders.
The cure slows the rate of new infections, but the rate of new infections increases logarithmically, same with the exterminate option. Without outside nations launching cure bombs a nation that chooses the exterminate option goes extinct well before the game ends. Choosing cure but not getting support from outside leads to complete zombie infestation, followed by population die off. Worse still, the rate of development of technology and the effectiveness of weapons are linked to the ratio of healthy to infected/dead so those who worked on a cure early but didn't get outside aid become ineffectual in supporting the rest of the region. It was around the 19 or 20 hour mark that I started pumping cure bombs into your region because it was apparent that you were trending toward extinction and you were one of the few that had enough living to still develop and start launching effective cure bombs.
In looking at the graphs, I don't see any difference between the rates of infection between my nation (that started working on a cure in the first hour) and any of the nations that did nothing so I'm not convinced that working on the cure has any benefit for the nation that does so in a vacuum. There was a dip in the number of infected when I switched to exterminate, but the cure bomb development stopped during that hour.
If you are using this region to base your arguments then I agree. But most nations in this region didn't do much to fight the zombies. Most nations didn't do anything. Zombies infection is regional. You need more than one big nation researching early to do well. We didn't. You need more than one fighting zombies and we didn't. If our region was small you would have saved it all by yourself. Unless someone was hoarding zombies.
First time around there weren't cure missiles were they? so you have to still be able to stop zombies by just setting up the cure. I do know nations that were cured without any missiles.
Greetings GG from the BB :D
We are being lulled into a false sense of complacency.
I love how it has been long enough since I actively played this game that I have no idea what zombie cure game mechanics we are talking about.