WA Delegate: The Banana Republic of Bogans and Boozers (elected 235 days ago)
Founder: The Holy Empire of Tyrr
Embassies: The Kingdom of Denmark, India, Poland, Antarctic Alliance, The Allied Republics, Coalition of Catholic States, Brasil, Portugal, Confederation of Nations, The British Empire, World Alliance, The United League, League of Christian Nations, Islam, Yorkshire, Commonwealth of Liberty, and 16 others.Trainsylvinea, Paraguay, The Darwin Allied Republics, The Republic of India, Australia, The United Regions Headquarters, Not a Sketchy Region, The Empty Quarter, The Democratic Alliance of Free Nations, The Military Commonwealth, ITALIA, Bermuda Triangle, Empire Coalition, The House Of The Eclipse, Canada, and The Kingdom of Peppers.
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Smartest Citizens in England
Tests were sent to random citizens from various nations in an attempt to determine which nations are the smartest and best educated, on average. Those citizens who failed to return their tests were scored poorly.
As a region, England is ranked 2,658th in the world for Smartest Citizens.
|1.||The Global Uniculture of Rhanukhan||Capitalizt||“The citizen who dies working, dies happy!”|
|2.||The Holy Empire of 1C||Corporate Bordello||“Never have children, only grandchildren.”|
|3.||The Supremely Democratic States of Hirota||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Numquam paenite”|
|4.||The Empire of The mighty Tim||Democratic Socialists||“Techno techno techno”|
|5.||The Evergreen Domain of Morekai||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“quod tibi fieri non vis, alteri ne feceris.”|
|6.||The Banana Republic of Bogans and Boozers||Democratic Socialists||“There's always money in the banana stand ... .”|
|7.||The Cute lil empire of Faerie-princess-ami||Father Knows Best State||“Daisuki Desu”|
|8.||The Nonchalant Land of Wilkosaurous rex||Left-wing Utopia||“Don't Panic”|
|9.||The Kingdom-Federate of Lessingia||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“Una nota supra La semper est canendum Fa”|
|10.||The Strawberry Fields of Tokeiz||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Peace and love be with you, one and all.”|
- 7 hours ago: The Republic of Brasuca arrived from Brasilia.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: The Banana Republic of Bogans and Boozers rejected Almost Ruleless's request for regional embassies.
- 4 days ago: The Do What Ever You Want Land of Oh so freedom of the region Almost Ruleless proposed constructing embassies.
- 6 days ago: The Banana Republic of Bogans and Boozers updated the World Factbook entry.
- 9 days ago: The Kingdom of Englander ceased to exist.
- 10 days ago: Embassy established between The Kingdom of Peppers and England.
- 13 days ago: The Anglo-French Dominion of Terre du Nord of the region Lower Canada proposed constructing embassies.
- 13 days ago: The Banana Republic of Bogans and Boozers agreed to construct embassies with The Kingdom of Peppers.
- 16 days ago: The Principality of Lucy Pinder ceased to exist.
- 17 days ago: The Federal Republic of The United States of France of the region The Kingdom of Peppers proposed constructing embassies.
England Regional Message Board
Once again, it's time for the quarterly WA delegate election. All interested WA nations are to announce their nomination on the regional message board. As the current WA delegate, I intend to stand for election. In the event that there are no other candidates, the incumbent will elected in unopposed.
Nominations close 11:59pm (GMT) Thursday, 24th July.
I am the administer of the United Regions and this is an official message from the organization. I personally have failed in my duty to effectively lead this organization and mould it into an alliance which member regions deserve. This coupled with the fact that I have my final school exams in September has led me to the decision of relinquishing control of this organization.
I am looking for a successor to administer the organization and bring the success which I am not able to provide. Therefore, if any nation is interested, please contact me @ The Republic of United Regions Diplomat. I require a nation with:
an extensive evidenced Interregional experience
an unimpeachable record
proven leadership skills
knowledge of the workings of the United Regions
and a stern determination to get things done
Nations without any of these necessary qualities need not apply. Applications close in a week.
Nominations have closed for the quarterly election, and the incumbent WA Delegate has been re-elected unopposed.
There is one major difference though - USA has the biggest population of the major ice hockey playing nations. It should dominate ice hockey at the Olympics completely. The fact that it doesn't may well be due to the foreign players in the NFL.
Also, in football, more than any other sport, the results tend to be very close and can turn easily on a single event. A single mistake from one individual. Furthermore, the major international competitions are partly knock-out based so the results in these don't really say that much about the actual abilities of the nations. It's just which team performed best on the day. To really assess it properly you'd need a season long league of national teams, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
A few other things have particularly affected England though:
- The other major European leagues also have large numbers of foreign players, but their native players go abroad. English players rarely do.
- Professional football in England seems to mostly draw from the poorer and less educated sections of British society. Rugby and cricket get the wealthy and well educated players. This leads to a culture of ignorance within the native game, where overt signs of intelligence are shunned. Foreign influence has changed this somewhat, but the national side has suffered from a lack of organisation and good leadership. Particularly the available choices of team coach.
- Loosing top players to other home nations. Ryan Giggs, Gareth Bale and George Best being the most obvious examples. Wales in particular shouldn't be a national side because its top clubs play in the English leagues.
So basically you're a bit upset that Giggs, Bale, and the likes of Ramsey are playing for Wales instead of England and Wales should be abolished as a national team because of it.
Presumably if Scotland or Northern Ireland produce a core group of talent in their teams you'll be calling for them to not have a national side either.
Inger-lund, inger-lund, INGER-LUND!
Soooo Scottish Independence anyone?
Really hoping it is a no vote to be honest
Sodoff has a long history of Caledoniaphobia (see "Sodoff - A Brief History in Print" in the national histories on the Democratic England website). Let's just say I'd like to see a smoked Salmond on the menu.
Whatever happens I think they've wrecked their relationship with the English. I don't think the scars will heal in a long time.
HI! Welcome to England.