WA Delegate (non-executive): The Holy Empire of Althalius (elected 117 days ago)
Regional Power: Very High
Today's World Census Report
The Most Extreme in Democratium
The World Census developed the following ranking based on a rather vague survey of nations to uncover 'odd or fundamentalist social, economic, or political systems'.
As a region, Democratium is ranked 9,541st in the world for Most Extreme.
|1.||The Democratic Republic of Basketweaving Monkeys||Corporate Police State||“Post hoc ergo propter hoc”|
|2.||The Fascist Dictatorship of New Soviet Russian Empire||Corporate Police State||“For the Motherland!!!! For the Tsar!!!”|
|3.||The New Empire of Demonisa||Corporate Police State||“Memento Mori”|
|4.||The Most Enlightened Meritocracy of Transhuman Proteus||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Our minds shall forge a future worthy of our dreams.”|
|5.||The Theocracy of Cat In Eye||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“The Cat in the Eye.”|
|6.||The Happy People's Republic of SouthernEvilstan||Corporate Police State||“2+2=5”|
|7.||The Empire of Abilia||Corporate Police State||“For the emperor”|
|8.||The Kingdom of Altauries||Left-wing Utopia||“Lux Aurumque”|
|9.||The A Bunch of A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“There they are all standing in a row.”|
|10.||The Free Confederated Republic of Wencee||Anarchy||“Live Free or Die”|
- 3 days 2 hours ago: The Democratic Republic of Bakhara ceased to exist.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: The Empire of Jedizora departed this region for The ACSN.
- 4 days ago: The Republic of Peccator Sanctus ceased to exist.
- 4 days ago: The Republic of Sireco arrived from Osiris.
- 4 days ago: The People's Republic of Angry Wookies departed this region for South Pacific.
- 5 days ago: The United States of Verum of the region New Rochelle proposed constructing embassies.
- 5 days ago: The Republic of The United peoples state of Equality ceased to exist.
- 7 days ago: The Republic of NeoChina ceased to exist.
- 7 days ago: The Dominion of The Eighth Cephalverse arrived from Balder.
- 8 days ago: The Federation of KPHTH ceased to exist.
Democratium Regional Message Board
I vote the way of the region.
I see we got a whole lotta nothing going on here...
hiya! first message on the board from me :D how is everyone ? ^^
It's amazing how quickly one's nation changes as it grows larger. I remember my first weeks on here I felt like I'd never reach this point.
Here is a copy of the constitution in case you ever use it:
THE CONSTITUTION OF DEMOCRATIUM
The region and people of Democratium, seeking to reinstate its government and reestablish the guidelines of law and state, do hereby establish this constitution to serve as the highest law of Democratium.
Article I - The Legislative Assembly
1. The Legislative Assembly of Democratium shall be invested with all legislative powers, able to pass laws with 1/2 majority and recall a government officer with a 2/3rd majority.
2. The Legislative Assembly shall be composed of the citizens of Democratium, who shall each hold one (1) vote in the Assembly.
3. The Legislative Assembly shall elect from its number a Speaker who shall be responsible for maintaing decorum in the Assembly, moderating debates and placing proposals at vote once they have reached the requires of this constitution to be put at vote. The Speaker shall be elected every two calendar months and should the incumbent Speaker fail to login to the Democratium forums for up to five days the Speaker Pro Tempore shall assume their position until such a time as they return. However should they not return after two weeks have passed, the office of Speaker shall become vacant and be reelected.
4. Any citizen shall hold the power to propose legislation to the Legislative Assembly, and upon seconding by another citizen the Speaker shall move such legislation to a vote within 48 hours.
Article II - The Head of State
1. The Founder of Democratium shall be "La Famiglia Corleone", and the Founder shall be the Head of State of Democratium.
2. Should the founder go inactive for over a week (seven days) the Prime Minister shall appoint a temporary Governor to hold their position until the Founder returns.
3. Should the Founder of Democratium Cease To Exist (CTE) they shall loose their position permanently and the Prime Minister shall appoint a new President to hold the position of Head of State.
4. The Head of State of Democratium shall be responsible for selecting from the Citizens an Election Commissioner for each election that occurs in the region.
Article III - The Prime Minister and Executive Government
1. The Prime Minister shall be vested herein with all executive power of the government of Democratium and shall be the Head of Government of Democratium
2. The Prime Minister shall be elected by the Legislative Assembly every 3 months.
3. The Prime Minister may appoint a cabinet of ministers to assist him or her in his or her position and manage the affairs of the region. The cabinet shall hold whatever power the Prime Minister delegates to them and its members shall be executive officers.
4. The Prime Minister shall appoint a deputy to assist them and stand as a temporary replacement in any absence of the Prime Minister.
5. Should the Prime Minister fail to login to the forum of Democratium for over a week, the Deputy Prime Minister shall assume the position until such a time as the Prime Minister returns. Should the Prime Minister not return after two weeks from the first day of absence have passed, an election shall be called for a Prime Minister who shall fill only the remainder of the absent Prime Minister's term until an election that shall take place when it would normally have been scheduled.
6. The Prime Minister shall hold a veto on legislation, which he or she may use only once on a bill. The Legislative Assembly may overturn a veto with a 2/3 majority vote.
Article IV - War and Peace
1. The Prime Minister shall appoint a Secretary of War, who shall be responsible for the Democratium Armed Forces (the DAF)
2. The Prime Minister shall be Commander-in-Chief of the DAF, and shall be required to issue approval for acts by the Democratium Armed Forces.
3. Democratium may only go to war should a 2/3rd majority of the Legislative Assembly agree to such a declaration of war, or should another region or organisation declare war upon Democratium first.
Article V - The Court
1. All judicial power is hereby vested in the High Court of Democratium ("The High Court").
2. The High Court shall consist of a High Judge and two Associate Judges, who shall be responsible for the court.
3. The aforementioned Judges shall be elected by the Legislative Assembly every three months.
4. The High Court shall be the sole authority able to overturn a law, and then only should they rule that it stands in violation of this constitution.
5. The High Court shall also be responsible for attending to civil and criminal cases in Democratium.
Article VI - This Constitution
1. The Constitution of Democratium shall be amendable by a 2/3rd majority of the Legislative Assembly, and an amendment may be proposed by any member of the citizenry.
2. No amendment may overturn this constitution nor former amendments.
3. This constitution may be repealed in order to be replaced by a 3/4th majority of the Legislative Assembly. Its replacement shall require a 2/3rd of the citizens to be passed.
The new tourism Campaign for Corfvania....
"Our citizens are happier then 95% of the world....come see our happiness....and gladiator combat."