WA Delegate (non-executive): The Dhammic Socialist Republic of Nava Siam (elected 195 days ago)
Embassies: United Socialist Republics, Allied States of EuroIslanders, United Federation of Planets, Groland, France, League of Tides, Argentina, Anti fascist league, Hippy Haven, Terra Nova, The Venus Project, Norway, The Great Nation of Petrokovia, BolivarianRepublicOfVenezuela, Red Star Republic, Confederacy of Egalitarian Democracies, and 4 others.The International Communist Union, Federal Socialist Republics of Kelomar, Socialist republic, and Imperial Desdenea.
Tags: Anti-Fascist, National Sovereigntist, Offsite Forums, General Assembly, Communist, Anarchist, Independent, Modern Tech, Map, Eco-friendly, Liberal, Regional Government, and 14 others.Democratic, Social, Future Tech, Outer Space, Socialist, Fantasy Tech, Pacifist, Anti-Capitalist, Post-Modern Tech, Multi-Species, Minuscule, Magical, Serious, and World Assembly.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Publishing Industry in Democratic Socialist Alliance
As a region, Democratic Socialist Alliance is ranked 552nd in the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
|1.||The Human Rights Activist of Cynthia McKinney||Civil Rights Lovefest||“We are all Palestinians”|
|2.||The Republic of Co-operative commonwealth||Left-wing Utopia||“From each according to ability to each accordin to need”|
|3.||The People of The Longhouse||New York Times Democracy||“Haudenosaunee”|
|4.||The Resource-Based Federation of Grand Caledonia||Democratic Socialists||“Paradise or Oblivion!”|
|5.||The Dhammic Socialist Republic of Nava Siam||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“The greatest gain is to give to others.”|
- 3 days 11 hours ago: The People's Republic of Krosav of the region ULSR proposed constructing embassies.
- 4 days ago: The Commonwealth of Humanitaire departed this region for Capitalist Paradise.
- 4 days ago: The Commonwealth of Humanitaire arrived from The East Pacific.
- 33 days ago: The Human Rights Activist of Cynthia McKinney rejected Continent of Xenonia's request for regional embassies.
- 33 days ago: The Golden Queendom of Ulfhildr of the region Norway cancelled the closure of its embassy in Democratic Socialist Alliance.
- 33 days ago: Embassy established between Imperial Desdenea and Democratic Socialist Alliance.
- 35 days ago: The United Empire of Centenniality of the region Continent of Xenonia proposed constructing embassies.
- 35 days ago: The Leader of Erza Titania of the region Norway ordered the closure of its embassy in Democratic Socialist Alliance.
- 37 days ago: The Human Rights Activist of Cynthia McKinney agreed to construct embassies with Imperial Desdenea.
- 38 days ago: The Federal Republic of Desdenea of the region Imperial Desdenea proposed constructing embassies.
Democratic Socialist Alliance Regional Message Board
Merry Christmas Comrades!
Merry Christmas everyone!
I'm proud to be #1 in the region for The Most Income Equality!
Great job Grand Caledonia!
What do you all think about the refactoring changes that are going to mess with every nation's economy, taxation, and government spending? I think some of the stat changes are way too extreme. The change that really needs to be made is to make it easier to improve civil rights. Its way to difficult to improve civil rights once your civil rights get up into the 90s. My civil rights have been stuck on 94 out of 100 for what seems like forever no matter how many issue choices I make that are suppose to increase civil rights.
I'm concerned about it too. I've been trying to improve civil rights for ages, but nothing I do seems to make a difference.
Why did my civil rights go down 5 points for prosecuting minors as adults that are accused of murder? My civil rights instead should have increased for protecting people's safety by punishing violent criminals regardless of their age. Why does it say toddlers are imprisoned for assault? Nowhere did the issue talk about toddlers. My crime rate should have also improved yet it still says I have a major crime problem.
I don't think "safety" is something that counts to civil rights. Imprisoning more liberally, however, should probably indeed harm civil rights at least a bit; also, it says in the FAQ under "Why is my nation so weird?" that "Everything is exaggerated a little. Well, okay, a lot. Your decisions affect your nation very strongly, so your country might seem like a more extreme version of what you were aiming for. Unless you have radical politics. In which case you probably think nothing's wrong."
Furthermore, your crime rate may well have decreased, but not enough to change the classification given from a "major crime problem" to something better. You should probably try to increase your Law & Order department more (it's currently non-existent: nation=cynthia_mckinney/detail=government).
I don't like to fund the police because they usually want to turn the country into a police state or surveillance state.
A balance of education, social welfare and law & order seem to work for Caledonia. Besides, you don't need to over fund the police, which would lead to a police state. Somewhere around 2% of GDP would certainly be okay in my books.