WA Delegate (non-executive): The Dhammic Socialist Republic of Nava Siam (elected 214 days ago)
Embassies: United Socialist Republics, Allied States of EuroIslanders, United Federation of Planets, Groland, France, League of Tides, Argentina, Anti fascist league, Hippy Haven, Terra Nova, The Venus Project, Norway, The Great Nation of Petrokovia, BolivarianRepublicOfVenezuela, Confederacy of Egalitarian Democracies, The International Communist Union, and 4 others.Federal Socialist Republics of Kelomar, Socialist republic, Imperial Desdenea, and The Westland Peninsula.
Tags: Anti-Fascist, National Sovereigntist, Offsite Forums, General Assembly, Communist, Anarchist, Independent, Modern Tech, Map, Eco-friendly, Liberal, Regional Government, and 14 others.Democratic, Social, Future Tech, Outer Space, Socialist, Fantasy Tech, Pacifist, Anti-Capitalist, Post-Modern Tech, Multi-Species, Minuscule, Magical, Serious, and World Assembly.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Nicest Citizens in Democratic Socialist Alliance
World Census sociology experts studied citizens from various nations to determine which seemed most friendly and concerned for others.
As a region, Democratic Socialist Alliance is ranked 32nd in the world for Nicest Citizens.
|1.||The Dhammic Socialist Republic of Nava Siam||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“The greatest gain is to give to others.”|
|2.||The Republic of Co-operative commonwealth||Left-wing Utopia||“From each according to ability to each accordin to need”|
|3.||The Resource-Based Federation of Grand Caledonia||Left-wing Utopia||“Paradise or Oblivion!”|
|4.||The Human Rights Activist of Cynthia McKinney||Civil Rights Lovefest||“We are all Palestinians”|
|5.||The People of The Longhouse||New York Times Democracy||“Haudenosaunee”|
- 10 hours ago: The Nomadic Peoples of Cat Power departed this region for Singapore.
- 10 hours ago: The Nomadic Peoples of Cat Power arrived from The South Pacific.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: The Protector of 24 de Septiembre of the region Argentina cancelled the closure of its embassy in Democratic Socialist Alliance.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: The Republic of Imamime of the region Argentina ordered the closure of its embassy in Democratic Socialist Alliance.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: The **Interstellar Beings** of Krishnalia of the region Confederacy of Egalitarian Democracies cancelled the closure of its embassy in Democratic Socialist Alliance.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: The Holy Empire of Cheryl Mays of the region Confederacy of Egalitarian Democracies ordered the closure of its embassy in Democratic Socialist Alliance.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: The Human Rights Activist of Cynthia McKinney rejected Avadam Inn's request for regional embassies.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: The Human Rights Activist of Cynthia McKinney proposed constructing embassies with Red star republic.
- 5 days ago: The United District's of Apple-Loosa of the region Avadam Inn proposed constructing embassies.
- 5 days ago: Embassy cancelled between Red star republic and Democratic Socialist Alliance.
Democratic Socialist Alliance Regional Message Board
Merry Christmas Comrades!
Merry Christmas everyone!
I'm proud to be #1 in the region for The Most Income Equality!
Great job Grand Caledonia!
What do you all think about the refactoring changes that are going to mess with every nation's economy, taxation, and government spending? I think some of the stat changes are way too extreme. The change that really needs to be made is to make it easier to improve civil rights. Its way to difficult to improve civil rights once your civil rights get up into the 90s. My civil rights have been stuck on 94 out of 100 for what seems like forever no matter how many issue choices I make that are suppose to increase civil rights.
I'm concerned about it too. I've been trying to improve civil rights for ages, but nothing I do seems to make a difference.
Why did my civil rights go down 5 points for prosecuting minors as adults that are accused of murder? My civil rights instead should have increased for protecting people's safety by punishing violent criminals regardless of their age. Why does it say toddlers are imprisoned for assault? Nowhere did the issue talk about toddlers. My crime rate should have also improved yet it still says I have a major crime problem.
I don't think "safety" is something that counts to civil rights. Imprisoning more liberally, however, should probably indeed harm civil rights at least a bit; also, it says in the FAQ under "Why is my nation so weird?" that "Everything is exaggerated a little. Well, okay, a lot. Your decisions affect your nation very strongly, so your country might seem like a more extreme version of what you were aiming for. Unless you have radical politics. In which case you probably think nothing's wrong."
Furthermore, your crime rate may well have decreased, but not enough to change the classification given from a "major crime problem" to something better. You should probably try to increase your Law & Order department more (it's currently non-existent: nation=cynthia_mckinney/detail=government).
I don't like to fund the police because they usually want to turn the country into a police state or surveillance state.
A balance of education, social welfare and law & order seem to work for Caledonia. Besides, you don't need to over fund the police, which would lead to a police state. Somewhere around 2% of GDP would certainly be okay in my books.