WA Delegate: The Dominion of Aanon Bay (elected 99 days ago)
Founder: The Empire of Emporer Islands
Embassies: India, Coalition of Catholic States, Syria, China, GREAT Britain, United States of America, Central Eastern Europe, United Alliance Of Nations, France, Israel, Malaysia, Asia, United Governments of South East Asia, Philippines, New South Wales, Gay, and 13 others.Soli Deo gloria, Community of Independent Nations, North Africa, Federation of Free States, The Great Britain and Eire, Confederation of Nations, United Empire of Islam, The Species Alliance, New Republica, Cashnatchee, The Muslim Commonwealth, Lebanon, and The Darwin Allied Republics.
Regional Power: Moderate
Today's World Census Report
The Most Authoritarian in Central Pacific Empire
World Census staff loitered innocuously in various public areas and recorded the length of time that passed before they were approached by dark-suited officials.
As a region, Central Pacific Empire is ranked 9,588th in the world for Most Authoritarian.
|1.||The Republic of Nationalist Shastia||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Fighting for our rights”|
|2.||The United Liberal Kingdom of Rex Lucian||Corrupt Dictatorship||“For Flag, For Country and For God”|
|3.||The Holy Empire of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI||Psychotic Dictatorship||“Cooperatores Veritatis”|
|4.||The Rogue Nation of Puy du Fou||Iron Fist Consumerists||“May you live in interesting times”|
|5.||The Discoverian Failed State of DiscOrdant||Father Knows Best State||“A Rising Star Gathers No Dust”|
|6.||The Dictatorship of The Heronite Democratic Peoples Rep||Father Knows Best State||“No one ever won a war by dying for there country”|
|7.||The Incorporated States of North of South||Father Knows Best State||“In the midst of the desert, she may rise”|
|8.||The Kingdom of The ruivan Empire||Democratic Socialists||“Through Unity We Create Peace”|
|9.||The Syrian Diplomat of Tapiralaysia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Representing the region of Syria”|
|10.||The Dictatorship of Canamerica the First||Compulsory Consumerist State||“We strive to be a better nation by taking yours”|
- 29 minutes ago: The Republic of Jagala arrived from Wintreath.
- 6 hours ago: The Socialist States of New Da Boss Land of the region New Northfield proposed constructing embassies.
- 16 hours ago: The Armed Republic of Barbossa arrived from The North Pacific.
- 16 hours ago: The Independent Free Republic of North Sabah departed this region for United Governments of South East Asia.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: The Republic of Georgiaville arrived from Albion.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: The Armed Republic of Barbossa departed this region for The North Pacific.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: The Empire of Central Pacific Empire Ambassador 12 ceased to exist.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: The Empire of CPE International Delegate 1 arrived from India.
- 2 days ago: The Dominion of Aanon Bay unsuppressed a post on the regional message board.
- 2 days ago: The Dominion of Aanon Bay suppressed a post on the regional message board.
Central Pacific Empire Regional Message Board
UNITED GOVERNMENTs OF SOUTH EAST ASIA EMBASSY
Dear fellows of Central Pacific Empire,
Early this month, my government in United Governments of South East Asia have form a new series of government hierarchy. As a result, my position was changed.
Due to the several offices exchange, I was called back to my home in UGoSEA to fulfill the position of Foreign Affairs Secretary. New ambassador have been appointed and will arrived soon.
I would like to inform also, the Government of UGoSEA has decide to change the title "Ambassador" to "Diplomatic Officer" which still carries the same duty as an ambassador.
It's good time to work with the nations in this region, 'till we meet again.
Thank you for your corporations since my first day and farewell! :)
The people of South Africa were dancing and singing in celebration of Mandela.
A few nations asked me to explain better why I left so here goes;
1) My comments about the map were misinterpreted. Yes I came up with the idea, yes I did a draft map to show what was possible. I even suggested the government put a system in place and suggested one. Then nothing until I log on and see Norton has taken over the whole shabang lot. I have no issue with the government running it and suggested as much BUT there is a way to go about it. A message thanking me for what I had done and explaining that the government would run with it would have been fine. It might seem petty but it is engagement and is necessary to keep nations active. The government can not claim that citizens should find things to do, then take the ideas nd ignore those who suggested them. It is hypocritical.
2) The claim that governments are not responsibility for activity is complete BS. From Roman times the Emperors have understood the importance of an active and engaged population. As fun as feeding Aanon to the lions would be there are many other ways to keep nations active and the government is responsible for this. This is a game where is nations are not happy/ active or engaged they will leave. This should be the primary concern of all governments, not some idiotic inter regional treaty. Without an active population the region will stagnate which is what has happened.
3) A few suggestions
- There have been no new active nations here since Harlow 6 months ago, at least according to the wiki page I saw for a few days before it disappeared. Contact those who left and see what went wrong. I would imagine the answers will be the same, boredom and lack of engagement.
- Put up the regional wiki. This is not hard, if the file was saved before as was claimed then its a copy and paste job to IIwiki or wikistates or whatever. Heck even put it on the forum. It is not a big job or should not be, for the government to claim otherwise is very misleading. How can you expect nations to follow your laws, gain citizenship, join parties with no idea of the rules.
- Term Limits, renewal is necessary so make it a maximum of 2 terms in the same position, PM included. Others can get involved and feel like they have a chance. With maybe one change here or there the government does not change here.
- The government need to get off their high horse and actually listen t the people. They want juries, they dont necessary want party registration laws. The political elite are just that elite and untouchable.
- If you want nations to run stop limiting their options. WA nations will only stay if they are engaged, puppets might stay longer but they can run for PM and their votes are worth far less. Now with party registration seemingly coming in the elite is further entrenched.
- The weekend debates were great for about 2/3 weeks then they dies. They were the only reason I moved my WA nation here and the only reason I stayed longer then I should have.
- Oh and Norton you did not send me the password multiple times or attempt any engagement after I joined your party. I got the password to an inactive forum (same as most of the forum) and then did not hear from you or any other nation in the party again, not even around election time. You are party leader and need to engage the party base. You failed
To sum up, listen to the people, find out why nations keep leaving, get the government off their high horse and focus on engagement since it is far far more important then anything else.
Now I expect this to be ignored to dismissed same as all other suggestions are but though I would try at least.
I'm probably not entirely in a position to reply, I'm not the PM - but I am from the RLP and also a Minister of the government of the day. Please allow me.
1) The Map.
At the time you suggested the map, I telegramed then Prime Minister, and said that this idea was great, and I hope the government take this suggestion on board and run with it. Well they did. Whilst the government SHOULD and MUST duly acknowledge your contribution, ideas are made all the time. I will refer to these later. However, one can not expect you to become a knight immediately or be praised for the idea. I recall maps being discussed several times - but never taken up. It just so happened that Norton Island ended up taking your advice. Also, if I remember correctly, when you first suggested the map, you stated on several occasions, the government need to prepare, manage and take ownership of the map. I see that has been fulfilled. I can not understand your issue there.
2) Aanon Bay has in each of his mandates states that 'Engagement' is a priority. In fact, I recall it being THE priority of this term in government. I believe this term has been successful, with plenty of opportunity for engagement. I think, as someone may have said, Tanga and Centralton are clear examples of initiative taken to become active citizens. I don't think the government ignores the fact that engagement is vital, but it is also up to everyone to overthrow that government should they be considered to not be performing.
3) Isn't Tanga new? I think I came after Harlow?
I agree on the wiki issue. It should be available now and always.
I don't agree with term limits. If Aanon Bay and Faikliren have been then only WAs running in the last 4 months, why should it rotate between them simply because there is no alternative. If people want change, they can use their votes and make it happen.
I don't think the government is on a high horse. The inter-regional treaty - FINE, may not be what everyone wants, but no one really has demanded anything in Foreign Affairs. This is an initiative of the government. A government with no initiative may as well not govern. On your other examples - although I have been representing my party perspective that is against Juries, the PM has allowed this discussion to occur, and a Draft is now up for discussion by Faikliren and will be put to the Council to vote on. On the registration laws - I remember when Tanga set up a 'Christian Party' - the region literally demanded the laws change to stop one nation parties.
On the weekend debates - I thought this weekend was a bit active? Hmm
On your own party problems - Don't ask. The RLP forum is not really active either - no secret.
To sum up, your attacks on the government are over cooked. The current situation you are in proves it - you've just dramatically spoken up, and caused a huge stir and debate!!!
Don't underestimate yourself! This isn't my primary region, but I still manage to have fun and make a contribution. I've loved using all the Ambassador nations around the world :)
I also bid farewell to our present ambassador to the United Governments of South East Asia - we look forward to ongoing cordial relations.
the Batzinger Region is free
Greetings mate! How are you?
Conservative Party Statement: Tuesday 10th December
The Conservative Party pledge full support for the re-integrations of juries act. We truly believe that this will be of great benefit to the region. We commend the Prime Minister and the Justice Ministry from their undeniable efforts to produce a well-written piece of legislation. We also commend those who attended and made contributions in the Commission, your efforts should not go unrecognised.
The Conservative Party stress that we are not launching attacks on Aanon Bay. We have utmost respect for him as a person and as a Prime Minister and are nothing but thankful for the valuable contributions which he has made to our region. We can honestly say that without Aanon Bay, this region would not be the same today. However, our main frustrations with Aanon's leadership is the fact that he fails to communicate with the people. We understand that a Prime Minister's communication with his government is very important, but a Prime Minister communication with his people is just as important, we daresay more important. Perhaps if Aanon does this, it may boost our engagement and activity rate because they'll be more for everyone to talk about. We agree that the individual activity of nations is not Aanon's responsibility.
We dismiss accusations by the Central Pacific Party that our Internal Affairs policy is 'an attempt to win votes and capitalize on the current lack of engagement accusations being made against the current Prime Minister and the Regional Liberal Party.' Our goal since our foundation has been to ensure that communication between a government and it's people is held dear. Our policy is no exception to this.
We urge citizens to play a bigger part in elections. In May this year, our then government passed a new electoral law, allowing non world assembly members to vote as well as world assembly members. Furthermore, it also means that the Imperial Council (as well as the Prime Minister) is elected directly by the citizens. In June 2013, for the first time ever, we held full democratic elections. These elections saw a new Prime Minister (Latin and Central America) elected and 5 other citizens were elected as members of the first fully elected Imperial Council. Right now, opposition is lacking in elections and not enough people are standing and actively campaigning for a government seat. Now is the time to change that. For too long have the RLP and the RPM been dominating regional politics, now we need a stronger opposition, we need more Independents standing in elections, we need more parties putting forward Candidates in elections, we need more debates during elections, we need stronger campaigns in elections. Those who were here 5 or 6 months ago no how exciting elections are when you have all those things, let's have some more excitement.
The Conservative Party are in meticulous preparation for the next elections and intend to run a strong campaign and put forward more candidates.
We can start 2014 off with a bang!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year,
The Conservative Party