Catholic RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Most Holy and Grand Empire of Christian Democrats (elected 179 days ago)

Founder: The Protection of Saint Michael The Archangel

World Factbook Entry

Catholic is a community of Christians loyal to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. We hold traditional Catholic beliefs including in the Trinity and the Immaculate Conception. With the Holy Spirit at our side, we are devoted to the Catholic faith.

Register on our Linkforum to apply for citizenship.

Please endorse our delegate:
The Most Holy and Grand Empire of Christian Democrats.
Next election: July 2014

High Councilors:
The Holy Commonwealth of Atrus | Term: Apr. '13 - Apr. '14
The Awesometopia of New Octopucta | Term: August '13 - August '14
The Theocracy of Fransmany | Term: Dec. '13 - Dec. '14

St. Michael the Archangel, Linkdefend us in battle.


Embassies: Vatican II, Vatican, Coalition of Catholic States, Saint Margaret Mary, Right to Life, and Soli Deo gloria.

Construction of embassies with Alliance of Catholic Nations has commenced. Completion expected in 2 days 14 hours.

Tags: Featured, Medium, and Religious.

Regional Power: Very High

Catholic contains 39 nations, the 287th most in the world.

ActivityHistoryAdministration

Today's World Census Report

The Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector in Catholic

As a region, Catholic is ranked 17,373rd in the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.

#NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Majestic Corporate Empire of UtianovaWA MemberIron Fist Consumerists“Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam!”
2.The Catholic Republic of FlomanyWA MemberLiberal Democratic Socialists“In Deo Speramus”
3.The Most Holy and Grand Empire of Christian DemocratsWA MemberCapitalist Paradise“Iesus via et veritas et vita est”
4.The Theocracy of OdubhdaMoralistic Democracy“Ora et Labora”
5.The Holy Empire of Irish CatholicsIron Fist Consumerists“Serving The Holy Trinity”
6.The Intricate Clockwork of Machines Of GodNew York Times Democracy“Sleepers Awaken!”
7.The Holy Empire of Sactus belumMoralistic Democracy“For Jesus and his Church”
8.The Theocracy of Saint PatrickMoralistic Democracy“Glory to God”
9.The Holy Empire of PopeFree-Market Paradise“This is not even funny anymore”
10.The Federal Republic of ParaybaNew York Times Democracy“Quando corpus morietur, fac, ut animae donetur paradisi”
Page:  «  1  2  3  4  »

Regional Happenings

More...

Catholic Regional Message Board

The Protection of Saint Michael The Archangel wrote:If it is true, then CD or someone else did it. :P

Not me.

The United Secular States of Knights of Shame wrote:Because it is what you believe

I love it when other people try telling me what I believe.

The Most Holy and Grand Empire of Christian Democrats wrote:Not me.

I love it when other people try telling me what I believe.

Oh, so you do not believe the bible? Because that is what I am talking about. Now the exact details differ wildly because no one can definitively say which sect is better because the methods used are mostly arbitrary. So I was not saying you believe that particular part of the bible, just that I talk about the bible because it is what the largest religious denomination in my country believes in.

Let me ask this, if some part is deemed metaphor, how do you know any of it is true?

The United Secular States of Knights of Shame wrote:the methods used are mostly arbitrary

So your interpretations of the Bible are arbitrary?

The United Secular States of Knights of Shame wrote:Let me ask this, if some part is deemed metaphor, how do you know any of it is true?

In human communication, metaphor is largely unavoidable. Almost all speech contains metaphor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conceptual_metaphor

The Most Holy and Grand Empire of Christian Democrats wrote:So your interpretations of the Bible are arbitrary?

In human communication, metaphor is largely unavoidable. Almost all speech contains metaphor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conceptual_metaphor

I take it for what it says. I do not pretend there is, or could be, a reason why slavery is OK, or that using servant instead of slave changes the context. However, if you are against slavery, you do, because the bible condones slavery. It may not be the same as American slavery, but it even says how hard you can beat your slaves. I don't buy it, and needing to jump through hoops to make it make sense to me doesn't improve thinks.

But a speech days not have my eternal soul on the line and the bible is suppose to not only be the word of God, and not people, but God is suppose to be clear in his intent. Do you know of a reason plain language could not be used by God? Perhaps some great fact of the universe that is obvious could have been used.

The United Secular States of Knights of Shame wrote: Do you know of a reason plain language could not be used by God? Perhaps some great fact of the universe that is obvious could have been used.

All these things Jesus spoke in parables to the multitudes: and without parables he did not speak to them. That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden from the foundation of the world.

1. God didn't write the Bible.

2. I hardly think you can compare temporary indentured servitude in ancient Israel to the racial slavery from cradle to grave of recent centuries.

The Counter Reformation of Oire wrote:All these things Jesus spoke in parables to the multitudes: and without parables he did not speak to them. That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden from the foundation of the world.

Why is Jesus hiding his true meaning when he supposedly wants me to go to heaven? Allow me to give an example as to why this does not work. *clears throat* Only the truest of potatoes narwhals, which swim through the ocean, will ever make enough Mountain Dew to bacon the Doritos, so says the console peasants. I just disproved the possibility of any deities existing. Oh you disagree with me? You are just not understanding the true meaning of my words. Go ask an Richard Dawkins as to why God doesn't exist.

Now, have I convinced you of anything besides my horrible on the spot rendition of a bible verse with way too many pop culture references?

The Most Holy and Grand Empire of Christian Democrats wrote:1. God didn't write the Bible.

2. I hardly think you can compare temporary indentured servitude in ancient Israel to the racial slavery from cradle to grave of recent centuries.

1) OK, so humans wrote the bible, and gave some human metaphors. So then how do you know that they didn't slip in their own beliefs or make changed that were just adopted as truth for simplistically?

2) You refer to the 7 years work right? That was only being applied to male Jews. If you were not Jewish or male, you didn't go free and could be passed on to your master's children. Also, if you were a male Jew and were not married, your master could give you a wife. After your time was up, you, the male Jew, could go free, but your wife and any kids could not, however, you could "choose" to stay with your master (ie, wife and kids) for life. Jesus even said for slaves to obey their masters, more so if their master was Christian.

Biblical citations: Leviticus 25:44-46 BTW, if you read the beginning, this is what God is saying: 44 "Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you buy them from among the neighboring nations. 45 You may also buy them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves you may own as chattels, 46 and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, making them perpetual slaves. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen. http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__P3B.HTM

Exodus 21:2-11 How to trick your slaves as well as how to treat female slaves 2 When you purchase a Hebrew slave, he is to serve you for six years, but in the seventh year he shall be given his freedom without cost. 3 If he comes into service alone, he shall leave alone; if he comes with a wife, his wife shall leave with him. 4 But if his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall remain the master's property and the man shall leave alone. 5 If, however, the slave declares, 'I am devoted to my master and my wife and children; I will not go free,' 6 his master shall bring him to God and there, at the door or doorpost, he shall pierce his ear with an awl, thus keeping him as his slave forever. 7 "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go free as male slaves do. 8 But if her master, who had destined her for himself, dislikes her, he shall let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to a foreigner, since he has broken faith with her. 9 If he destines her for his son, he shall treat her like a daughter. 10 If he takes another wife, he shall not withhold her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights. http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__P22.HTM

Finally, we have Jesus talking about slavery and his purpose. Luke 12:47-57 47 That servant who knew his master's will but did not make preparations nor act in accord with his will shall be beaten severely; 48 and the servant who was ignorant of his master's will but acted in a way deserving of a severe beating shall be beaten only lightly. Much will be required of the person entrusted with much, and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more. 49 "I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing! 50 There is a baptism with which I must be baptized, and how great is my anguish until it is accomplished! 51 Do you think that I have come to establish peace on the earth? No, I tell you, but rather division. 52 From now on a household of five will be divided, three against two and two against three; 53 a father will be divided against his son and a son against his father, a mother against her daughter and a daughter against her mother, a mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

I feel this song is appropriate: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE

Can we stop for a moment to bask in the hilarity that is the creator of the universe declaring that having sex with your wife, after taking another wife, is a duty you must perform?

"No I was stating that it is biased to ask a religious leader why their sect is right. Though I have done research, the problem is that that research seems to scream that Jesus is made up. If I say that though, I need to do the 'correct' research, which is assume you are correct and ask why you are correct, and accept the answer giving because it is what the church has said."

You have not done research. Autodidactism, I am afraid, disqualifies itself in this case. Pray tell, what are your qualifications? I'll tell you what I see from you. I see someone who is confused and responding emotionally to an intellectual issue. Your intent, as I see it, is to offend while it ought to be to learn. Again, the Church is not biased.

"So I can own slaves right? That's OK. As is believing homosexuals will go to hell, right?"

I don't understand the relevance of this question. Please stay on point. It may be difficult for you to focus but in a mature environment, the same environment we are trying to foster, I must ask you to stay on topic.

"Do you think people who quote it to say atheists are fools, misuse it?"

If they do so without understanding the context, yes. They misuse it because they don't know any better. Much like you with everything you have said thus far.

"Didn't you say if the church said that killing abortion doctors was good it would be good? Or was that someone else?"

Someone else

"I meant I have researched".

Church of Google has another convert. And you clearly haven't even done that right. If you've done your research, why have you been historically in error? You didnt even know the context that Psalm 13 was written, lad. You are embarrassing yourself.

"OK, could you explain to me why God exists and why Catholicism is correct to me using facts and not faith claims?"

I said that I can explain to you using logic and reason. Is this what you meant? If so, then sure; I don't know why I have to if you've done your research. I guess I will gladly do your job for you, sure.

I will do this by paragraph.

1) If you have determine that I am unqualified, then there is nothing I can do to change your mind. But while qualifications are good, it is what I am saying that is important. If I sad I was studying to become a Baptist minister, then I am unqualified because I am not a catholic. Regardless, a claim was made that the bible does not condone slavery, and I have shown that it in fact does with a Catholic bible. By all means, say that these rules do not apply because it is from the Old Testament, just remember the 10 commandments are in the Old Testament. If I offend you, that was not my intent, bit if I offended your ideas, then I don't care. Some ideas are ridiculous and ideas are not people. How have you determined what that the church is not biased?

2) You sad that God does not deceive and is clear in scripture. Well, God says, according to scripture, that you can own slaves and that homosexuals deserve hell. These exist, in one way or another, in both Testaments of the bible. So I am asking, if God is clear and the bible clearly says slavery is OK, can I own slaves? Or is this part outdated?

3) That was my entire point, that they misuse the verse to say non-believers are fools. So we agree on something. Great!

4) Fair enough, could I ask you what your opinion is on the question? If the church degrees that killing abortion doctors is moral, would you agree with them?

5) No, actually I have read books about it. Though let me say what just happened. I said I researched it, and you decided to attempt to insult me. I asked you if you could provide evidence and I ask you if you could do that. Do you see the differences in our approaches?

6) Well, my research says that Jesus did not exist, that the absence of evidence is much too loud to be ignored. It also says that the God of the bible is a logical impossibility. It shows that much of what is described as historical happenings, either didn't exist or didn't happen as they are described. My research makes me a stronger atheist, it makes me laugh at the Christian invention that is hell, and it makes me sad that otherwise intelligent people have to accept that most people go to hell unless you ignore much of what the bible says. Though perhaps I am wrong. I can admit that, though I do not think that you can do the same.

So yes, I would love for someone to explain to me why God exists and why their sect is the true sect using logic and reason.

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics