WA Delegate: The Pubs of Parkplace (elected 36 days ago)
Regional Power: Extremely High
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Defense Forces in Canada
Nations ranked highly spend disproportionately large amounts of money on national defense, and are most secure against foreign aggression.
As a region, Canada is ranked 54th in the world for Largest Defense Forces.
|1.||The Military Dictatorship of Higsantium||Iron Fist Consumerists||“There is no order without obedience.”|
|2.||The Dominion of Henry Green||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“What's your birthday?”|
|3.||The Democratic Republic of SetiCrunchers||Father Knows Best State||“The Truth Is Out There...”|
|4.||The Protectorate of Ishmiel||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Come Get Some”|
|5.||The Imperial Armored Fortress of Firefights||New York Times Democracy||“Our will is impenetrable!”|
|6.||The Militaristic Republic of Kiljarit||Father Knows Best State||“Ummm.....We'll think of one later”|
|7.||The Free Land of Tigults||Democratic Socialists||“Be strong in all ways”|
|8.||The Desert People of Mirahge||Iron Fist Consumerists||“The aim is to control everything”|
|9.||The Brotherhood of Manesero||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Eternal vigilance”|
|10.||The Dictatorship of Yuranicka||Corporate Police State||“Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate”|
- 1 day ago: The Confederacy of AMERICAN FARMALL arrived from The North Pacific.
- 1 day ago: The Royal Kingdom of The United England departed this region for The Black Riders.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: The Kingdom of Georgette Heyer ceased to exist.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: The Federation of TRANESIA of the region World Federation States proposed constructing embassies.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: The Dictatorship of Bell Canada arrived from United Group.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: The Royal Kingdom of The United England arrived from The United League of Nations.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: The Federation of The Canada departed this region for Euthenia.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: The Federation of Aurum Rirders 14003th Treasury of the region The United League of Nations withdrew an invitation to construct embassies.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: The Free Land of Lutsen arrived from The South Pacific.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: The Dominion of Prestonvale departed this region for The Rejected Realms.
Canada Regional Message Board
*gulp, gulp, gulp...hiccup*
Mmmmm rum!! It is excellent at all hours of the day. Add a bit to the chocolate sauce with the crepes :)
Pfft, I only pushed drugs back in the 90's. Wait. No. That was just bullsh*t made up by The Globe and Mail.
Everyone hates us Fords. The people love us though. The newspapers hate us. Kathleen Wynne hates us. It doesn't matter. Average hard working tax paying individuals love us, we're just ordinary millionaires pretending to be like normal folks. And they love us.
Ask my Mom.
Jimmy Kimmel sure loves your brother.
It's a Dr. Who kind of day.
Thank-you for reminding me...I knew I was missing something
That's during Saturdays here....it's only Wednesday
Scotland quite decisively voted against independence and remain in the UK. Personally, I'm delighted but this whole exercise was an eye opener in one respect: the structure of the UK must now change to one of equal partners.
Scotland has its Parliament; Wales, Northern Ireland and London their Assemblies. England, however, has no Parliament except its place at Westminster, where Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish MPs can vote on English affairs, but the latter cannot vote vice versa (the so called "West Lothian question").
The North East overwhelmingly rejected a proposed "regional assembly" several years ago. We don't want that. We want an English Parliament equal in powers and scope as the Scottish Parliament.
This would allow the UK to effectively federalise (something I have long called for). It would also allow for wider-reaching reforms, including Lords' reform (if not abolition). Personally, I advocate the Canadian model (with modifications, of course): a reduced House of Commons, elected by first-past-the-post; a reduced, partly or mostly elected "Senate" by proportional representation.
Despite voting to preserve our 307-year-old United Kingdom, Scots have started the ball rolling - I hope - on equalising and changing our Union.
So.....the scots decided to stay with the United Kingdom, just like Quebec wanted to stay with Canada.