WA Delegate (non-executive): The Technocratic Union of Dys (elected )
Embassies: The Land of Kings and Emperors, Albion, Balder, Unknown, Mazeria, Ainur, Great Britain and Ireland, Empires of Earth, The Unified Planes of the Multiverse, The Dukedom, TressNovice, the West Pacific, The Federation of the Azorean islands, and Lone Wolves United.
Construction of embassies with Nihon Islands has commenced. Completion expected .
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Highest Poor Incomes in The New Inquisition
The World Census studied the spending power of the poorest 10% of citizens in each nation.
As a region, The New Inquisition is ranked 2,052nd in the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
|31.||The Theocracy of The Holy Bacon Lands||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Bacon is Life, Bacon is Love”|
|32.||The Mid Rim territories of Uxupox||Capitalist Paradise||“Omnisciens et semper vigilans”|
|33.||The Übershielded Complex of Saskisdi||Father Knows Best State||“A police state is a safe state.”|
|34.||The United Socialist States of The Germany Accord||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“For honor, for glory, for the accord!”|
|35.||The Colony of Deep Ones at Dunwich||Left-Leaning College State||“~~~^~~~~~~”|
|36.||The Kingdom of Acalate||Democratic Socialists||“in bellum, victoria. In pace vigil. In mortem sacrifici”|
|37.||The Most Serene Republic of Honey Brew Meadery||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“To brew or not to brew”|
|38.||The People's Republic of Eire nan Iar||Democratic Socialists||“Aontaigí, a oibrithe an domhain”|
|39.||The Glorious Mordor of Newer Anatolia||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Scientia sit Potentia”|
|40.||The Divine Skylord of Polandthria||Democratic Socialists||“DIVINE SKYLORD”|
Poll called by The Technocratic Union of Dys
Voting opened 79 minutes ago and will close . Open to residents. You cannot vote as you are not logged in.
Recent polls: “How will the region proceed with the RP?” • “Which nation is the most likely to bring about some sort of apocalypse?”
- : The Technocratic Union of Dys tagged the region "World Assembly".
- : The Technocratic Union of Dys removed the tag "Capitalist".
- : The Technocratic Union of Dys created a new regional poll: "What is your opinion about the current Dragon Age theme for the region?".
- : The Technocratic Union of Dys agreed to construct embassies with Nihon Islands.
- : Embassy established between Lone Wolves United and The New Inquisition.
- : Bellatorium ceased to exist.
- : The Novel Questioners of The New Inquisitors appointed The Free Scientific Paradise of The Emerald World as Regional Affairs Officer with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Polls in The New Inquisition.
- : The Novel Questioners of The New Inquisitors dismissed The Galactic Union of Valrifell as Regional Affairs Officer of The New Inquisition.
- : The Divine Skylord of Polandthria arrived from Balder.
- : The Colony of Na h-Alba Nuadh Forces arrived from The North Pacific.
The New Inquisition Regional Message Board
You know what's ridiculously stupid?
Design patent = 14 years.
Utility patent = 20 years
Trademark = 10 years (renewable, though)
Copyright = Author's life + 70 years.
Can someone explain to me the logical reason why a patent holder/inventor deserves less protection than a liberal arts major? Other than Disney's impressive lobbying force, of course.
Eh, probably just cuz they wanted to piss you off.
Stifling *things*, I assume. It's important that patent creators make money, but equally important to ensure they wont hold a monopoly. Artwork isnt nearly important for everyone to access, I'd say.
Probably. Though I'd argue it's hurt certain industries a whole lot.
Sure, but the industries to which patents apply are arguably more important and relevant to people and society than copyrighted franchises.
I'm not arguing the opposite.
I'm just saying it would make me happier if copyrights would be reduced to 20 years flat, if only to have public domain Batman.
1. It is possible to hide various patented processes from public scrutiny while still making a profit from using them; something subject to copyright (writings, picture etc.) has to be visible and hence copiable to make a profit from it.
2. Patents are on things; they tend to go out of date quicker than work subject to copyright. On the other hand, one can often make a large profit on them quicker than on copyrightable works.
3. Trademarks can be preserved for as long as one keeps on trading, the extended period allow rather long rests before recommencing trade. The others only require you to do the work once.
Now explain why the USA allows patents on pure software which is obviously subject to copyright and does not fit into the definition of patentable inventions.
What university are you at?
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). If you're asking about the specific school, I'm stuck in limbo between Liberal Arts for Poly-Sci and Kelley for marketing.
Anybody who is interested in being part of the government, please TG me ASAP with a short message expressing your interest. I'll be appointing positions within the week.